took first 100mg of spironolactone today

antonio666

Reaction score
i know some of you think that i am crazy to take oral spironolactone but i have to try it ?just hope it is a wise desicion

IBM

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
i know some of you think that i am crazy to take oral spironolactone but i have to try it ?just hope it is a wise desicion

did you felt anything?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
antonio666 said:

antonio you never stick to any regimen for long enough to see if it works,then you jump to a treatment that will grow you breasts?!

just stay on dutasteride for 2 years and wait!

Felk

Reaction score
You will lower your testosterone levels as well as your DHT levels as I'm sure you're aware.

However remember that testosterone plays a part in many more beneficial processes of your body than DHT does

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
why any normal healthy male would wana lower their testerone levels is beyond me. without test might as well be a female.

IBM

Reaction score
phish said:
why any normal healthy male would wana lower their testerone levels is beyond me. without test might as well be a female.

that's crap!

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Man, I SHUDDER everytime I hear of a guy taking oral spironolactone.!! :freaked2:

Then Antonio, you take dutasteride. also!!?? :huh:

How do you feel IBM? Have you had any blood tests?

antonio666

Reaction score
it is a risk combining oral spironolactone with avodart,but after 4 days no sides and feeling good,toach wood

abcdefg

Reaction score
being a f*****g loon is a matter of opinion. If you die 20 years younger because all your hormones are all fucked up the argument could be made I was right and you were in fact the loon. Of course we can all say you died because of poor eating, or using the wrong soap for your whole life or whatever you want because we will never know. Castrated men as far as I know have perfectly normal lives and perfectly normal hormone levels if there is such a thing as perfect. I would choose castration over something like oral spironolactone but in reality id choose neither because i dont care about my hair enough to do either one.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Castrated men as far as I know have perfectly normal lives and perfectly normal hormone levels...

Castrated men have only around 5% to 10% of the testosterone that normal men have.

CCS

Reaction score
so less muscle building ability, but also no sex drive to worry about the women.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
being a f****ing loon is a matter of opinion. If you die 20 years younger because all your hormones are all f***** up the argument could be made I was right and you were in fact the loon. Of course we can all say you died because of poor eating, or using the wrong soap for your whole life or whatever you want because we will never know. Castrated men as far as I know have perfectly normal lives and perfectly normal hormone levels if there is such a thing as perfect. I would choose castration over something like oral spironolactone but in reality id choose neither because i dont care about my hair enough to do either one.

hmm thanks. but no, not really mate. taking propecia is known to be somewhat safer than dutasteride + oral spironolactone, yeah? so I am, at the time, making what is thought by most to be a safe choice over what is thought by many to be an unsafe choice (hence the "loon" comment). In 20 years time, IF my hormones "are all fucked up", then I won't be seen as a loon but rather a victim of bad research. hope this explains it for you.

deth

Reaction score
Bryan said:
abcdefg said:
Castrated men as far as I know have perfectly normal lives and perfectly normal hormone levels...

Castrated men have only around 5% to 10% of the testosterone that normal men have.

Maybe that amount of testosterone would be enough to
continue hairloss.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
deth said:
Bryan said:

Maybe that amount of testosterone would be enough to
continue hairloss.

Not according to Hamilton, and I have no reason to doubt his judgement.

antonio666

Reaction score
i took it for 7 days ,i had no sides what so ever but avodart is doing a o.k job at the moment and oral spironolactone has a rare side effect of hairloss.
plus the thought of growing man boobs wasn't great and i think it is almost certain if you are taking both spironolactone and avodart. I will start taking oral spironolactone again if things go backwards,it just was not the right time