Topical Cetirizine Is Still Worth A Try ?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is also the vitamin E succinate study claiming it raises pge2 and lowers pgd2. And? It did jackshit, I saw ppl even complaining they lost hair taking it orally.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i started using it for 3 weeks and my hairline got worse since (i have a shaved head so its easy to see). This information doesnt help me.. dont know if i should continue or quit.. is there a shedding phase with it ?

Just the same as it happened to germans back in the days. Might be just initial shedding or might not. Good luck.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought here you were telling cetirizne could be actually bad for pge2, but in your latest response you are saying cetirizine is actually good ? sorry i am french, doesnt understand everything

My bad, sorry for confusing you. Was just clarifying that "If" cetirizine is bad for pge2, then that would explaine why people lose "adult" hair and see regrowth of "baby" hairs But when confronted with actual studies, there isn't any study that actually claims that cetirizine lowers PGE2.
So...if someone loses hair when using topical cetirizine, there could be various reasons, including shedding phases or just not prone to cetirizine.
Every treatment as seen people that lost more hair than gained (finasteride, minoxidil etc). That's why I tell you again. Try everything (check my signature to help you choose)

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My bad, sorry for confusing you. Was just clarifying that "If" cetirizine is bad for pge2, then that would explaine why people lose "adult" hair and see regrowth of "baby" hairs But when confronted with actual studies, there isn't any study that actually claims that cetirizine lowers PGE2.
So...if someone loses hair when using topical cetirizine, there could be various reasons, including shedding phases or just not prone to cetirizine.
Every treatment as seen people that lost more hair than gained (finasteride, minoxidil etc). That's why I tell you again. Try everything (check my signature to help you choose)

thnaks for the response ! well i will stick with minoxidil for now, and can't get my hand on topical fina.. any good topical to help with hair loss you could advise me ?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Nostro100 The only thing I know is since I added ceti 1 month ago my situation has not worsened... No shedding til now . I mean absolute 0 shedding. scalp feels good and the sign I see less sebum make me think it does something good. Fact is I have uncommon pattern .. I have kind of diffuse type A but I was already maintaining with my regimen without anti androgen. Now maybe I take a risk but I don't count on people reports to try something myself. Cases in study show positive impact on diffuse pattern/female pattern. So I'm hopful...LEt's see what happen in coming weeks...
Now for people with receiding hairline it's another game... you try to regrow slick or almost slick bald areas but maybe if loss is recent?! dunno pure speculation

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Nostro100 The only thing I know is since I added ceti 1 month ago my situation has not worsened... No shedding til now . I mean absolute 0 shedding. scalp feels good and the sign I see less sebum make me think it does something good. Fact is I have uncommon pattern .. I have kind of diffuse type A but I was already maintaining with my regimen without anti androgen. Now maybe I take a risk but I don't count on people reports to try something myself. Cases in study show positive impact on diffuse pattern/female pattern. So I'm hopful...LEt's see what happen in coming weeks...
Now for people with receiding hairline it's another game... you try to regrow slick or almost slick bald areas but maybe if loss is recent?! dunno pure speculation

Maybe its the problem, trying ceti for my thinning/receiding hairline

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thnaks for the response ! well i will stick with minoxidil for now, and can't get my hand on topical fina.. any good topical to help with hair loss you could advise me ?
Not sure how oily your scalp is (mine is like it's made of butter and olive oil) and for that I use nizoral shampoo 20mg/g (active ingridient; ketoconazol), once a week. It supposedly lowers DHT. Again, I do it mostly because my scalp is oily AF but if it lowers DHT then it's like a bonus for me.
What you could try is a topical solution of saw palmetto. Some people mix it with minoxidil (because saw palmetto is not solube with water, rather with alcohol, and minoxidil already has plenty of alcohol)
I don't use minoxidil so i made my own topical. Bought on ebay a 3000mg concentrated (seller states that it's Saw Palmetto Extract 150mg in 20:1 providing 3000mg per capsule) + 10 ml alcohol 70%

being honest here, I don't apply it every day because I'm lazy.

PS: I m dubious towards the source of saw palmetto I bought. When it comes to hairloss, I think it's better to try a good reputable brand to put any questions to rest. it's like eating sushi from the supermarket, you will hate "sushi" and never will you eat sushi again. (without knowing its your favourite food when done the right way)

Last edited:

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure how oily your scalp is (mine is like it's made of butter and olive oil) and for that I use nizoral shampoo 20mg/g (active ingridient; ketoconazol), once a week. It supposedly lowers DHT. Again, I do it mostly because my scalp is oily AF but if it lowers DHT then it's like a bonus for me.
What you could try is a topical solution of saw palmetto. Some people mix it with minoxidil (because saw palmetto is not solube with water, rather with alcohol, and minoxidil already has plenty of alcohol)
I don't use minoxidil so i made my own topical. Bought on ebay a 3000mg concentrated (seller states that it's Saw Palmetto Extract 150mg in 20:1 providing 3000mg per capsule) + 10 ml alcohol 70%

being honest here, I don't apply it every day because I'm lazy.

pretty oily too hahaha ! thats why i was using cetirizine, someone told me it was good for that and inflammation.. do you know about revivogen ?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe its the problem, trying ceti for my thinning/receiding hairline
Seriously I don't have any idea.. but from my point of view people should try experimental when they want more or a last resort.. If someone is shedding and has agressive hairloss, that's a risk to count on experimental drugs . it's better to take proven drugs first But hey you do what you want ^^

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously I don't have any idea.. but from my point of view people should try experimental when they want more or a last resort.. If someone is shedding and has agressive hairloss, that's a risk to count on experimental drugs . it's better to take proven drugs first But hey you do what you want ^^

yeah you are totaly right ! i just can't deal with propecia.. and for RU.. people will realise one day that this sh*t on high dose is really bad for heart problems

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
pretty oily too hahaha ! thats why i was using cetirizine, someone told me it was good for that and inflammation.. do you know about revivogen ?
heard of it... Too expensive for my taste and I rather take a generic approach to hairloss. If revivogen works, I want to know what's the active ingredient so I don't pay water for the price of gold.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
heard of it... Too expensive for my taste and I rather take a generic approach to hairloss. If revivogen works, I want to know what's the active ingredient so I don't pay water for the price of gold.

true.. 120 $ for 3 months max...

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
cetirizine ?

yeah man

ive just restarted min. i had great results before. but i need something else with it. ive heard mixed things as well about cert. but f*** it, im gonna try it out. its cheap so f*** it

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah man

ive just restarted min. i had great results before. but i need something else with it. ive heard mixed things as well about cert. but f*** it, im gonna try it out. its cheap so f*** it

me too, i have to chose between ceti vs zix vs revivogen or any topical dht blocker.. in combo with minoxidil... more than 2 topical is just a pain in the *** !

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
me too, i have to chose between ceti vs zix vs revivogen or any topical dht blocker.. in combo with minoxidil... more than 2 topical is just a pain in the *** !

i was gonna try zix aswell, i still might. i might try all 3 f*** it. but def one of the two

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
since this is a cet topic, I would like to ask you guys what you think of the possibility of making it a topical cream instead of liquid.
My point is that I feel like in liquid topical, half of the product goes down the drain for me (a practical issue) and so a cream would be much better suited for applying topically, specially in the temples.

i made this by crushing 10x10mg cet tablets, 10 drops of water, and just 1 minuscule skin hydro gel (generic gel for dry skin I guess)

IMG_20180315_220950.jpg

made it on the old bottle cap of a perfum
IMG_20180315_220922.jpg

Problem is that you will get white stuff on your hair (will look a bit like dandruff).
I guess the next step would be to just extract the active ingredient from the cet tablets by desolving it in water, let it rest, ie; filler drains to the bottom and extract just the water rich cetirizine, and trash the filler (white powder).
Then you still want a cream, so, mix the rich cet water with some kind of very absorbant hidrantant gel skin, let the water evaporate and you get a gel rich in cet.

Last edited:

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
zix with minoxidil seems to be not good.. as some users say
Other users will say it works... If you look deep enough about any regiment, you will find someone who didn't get along with said regiment.

There is only one sure way to get all your hair back 100% guarantee, money back. And that's to cut off your balls. :D