Topical DHT blocker that doesn't have Finasteride in it.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the best topical DHT blocker? A chemical one. Not some "all natural oils"... NOT with finasteride in it.

How would a DHT blocker with Finasteride actually work?
finasteride works on the prostate and stops the production of DHT. How is that going to stop DHT locally?

I want a topical chemical that binds/works on the hair root and stops DHT from bonding in the first place.

Or am I being a retard?

JUST WONDERING.
(not about the retard part)

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the best topical DHT blocker? A chemical one. Not some "all natural oils"... NOT with finasteride in it.

finasteride works on the prostate and stops the production of DHT. How is that going to stop DHT locally?

I want a topical chemical that binds/works on the hair root and stops DHT from bonding in the first place.

Or am I being a retard?

JUST WONDERING.
Well stop wondering, because you are a retard. lol jk. 1) finasteride works by reducing DHT by interfering with the enzyme that converts it. DHT is theorized to be the main culprit in hair miniaturization. 2) if you're looking for something that doesn't reduce DHT but binds to its receptor site in the hair follicle to prevent DHT from binding to it, the only thing is RU58841. But BE CAREFUL.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Well stop wondering, because you are a retard. lol jk. 1) finasteride works by reducing DHT by interfering with the enzyme that converts it. DHT is theorized to be the main culprit in hair miniaturization. 2) if you're looking for something that doesn't reduce DHT but binds to its receptor site in the hair follicle to prevent DHT from binding to it, the only thing is RU58841. But BE CAREFUL.
Thanks! That helps. I'll read up on it.

BelfastBilly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Cuckthorn, what are the dangers of RU58841? I heard about it around 10 years ago so I guess the issues will be known and reported, do you have any specific info on what to watch for or be careful in what respects? Any insights welcomed as I am also looking for an alternative le to oral finasteride and topical finasteride

jazz1

Reaction score
I use compounded mixture with topical Finasteride, why don’t you want to add topical Finasteride?

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Cuckthorn, what are the dangers of RU58841? I heard about it around 10 years ago so I guess the issues will be known and reported, do you have any specific info on what to watch for or be careful in what respects? Any insights welcomed as I am also looking for an alternative le to oral finasteride and topical finasteride
People have reported heart problems quite a bit but IDK. It's not FDA approved and very little studies on it.

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Each one of those "treatments" is a huge gamble. People need to understand they are putting their health at risk.
It's crazy if I go on here or Reddit the extremes people go to. I honestly look bad without hair, 42, insecure about it, single 6" fut scar, transplants on one side of the head... but the second I read about chest pain and palpitations no way. You read about guys that are on dutasteride, RU, oral min, all at once or even more. That's INSANE. Not just considering most your organ systems, but what about your brain?

Arthurandsam

My Regimen
Reaction score
People on reddit have no brain

bsmith

My Regimen
Reaction score

Or am I being a retard?

JUST WONDERING.

It's hard to know about your last question.

You should try topical Progesterone, if you can find a good place for that. It should stop your hair from falling out. It might even
stop your natural shedding, which varies one to seven years on average.

Someone claims to of found a topical cure. It might be from another planet, in a distant galaxy far, far away.

jazz1

Reaction score
It's hard to know about your last question.

You should try topical Progesterone, if you can find a good place for that. It should stop your hair from falling out. It might even
stop your natural shedding, which varies one to seven years on average.

Someone claims to of found a topical cure. It might be from another planet, in a distant galaxy far, far away.
I use progesterone in my topical compound mixture.

jazz1

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party... have you had maintenance/ regrowth? Gyno?
Regrowth and maintained on this compound mixture:

15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydrocortisone