Totally freaking out, please any help i can get??? with pics

confusedafraid

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
First of all let me say that this site is great and an invaluable source of information altought some what obsessive,( now instead of reading books i read this)... here goes

Im just turned twenty eight and have been sort of loosing hair since 17...?? i died it black back then and suddenly noticed hair in my hands, convinced myself i was going bald and have been convinced so ever since... my hair has receded about a cm since then but i've always kept pretty thick hair for years, it curly so its always looked really good.... until... last four months my hair has completely gone to sh*t, I've been through some stress over the last few months but surely there must be some other factors, My hair has not noticeably fallen out its just gone incredibly thin and now looks like I'm completely bald at the back though its the same thinning all over sides back top front... why could this happen so fast... i had noticed it thinned about two years ago then it was thicker than its been for years last year, to point i felt great about my hair all the time now last few months rock bottom... what could have made it so bad so quick?? anybody else in same position??

I've decided to get on meds now and hoping for the best but i'm confused as to what i should take.... do you think its a good idea to start minoxidil and proscar together, I'm scared of the shedding caused by both at once as if loose anymore without it getting better first it'll be blade zero time...anybody think i should try dutasteride instead?? and can i get Dr lees stuff in the uk??? cayenne pepper mix with minoxidil foam????

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums ... 6497#95630

please anybody with good sound advice would be great, im really sinking so low, this is happening so quickly its unbelievable

thanks to all???

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 2,879
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 2,887
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,858

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looking pretty good for 28.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this guy isn't losing hair at all???

confusedafraid

Reaction score
ok heres pictures taken 5 months ago and three months ago, next ill show more taken today... please i'm loosing hair so fast i need advice??? anybody whos been in the same position i am??? and had some results, if i could even get half the hair ive lost id be happy.... does my case sound like DHT or test loss, i think there different and treating for one will make the other worse if you get it wrong??? PLEASE PLEASE HELP

thanks

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,794
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,810
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 2,825

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I guess you're the expert on whether your hair is thinning or not, but it doesn't look bad at all from the photos.

Also - because it would be diffuse pattern if anything, assuming it is male pattern baldness you are in luck. I've definitely noticed more success stories from this group.

confusedafraid

Reaction score
thanks for saying but i can't see how im not loosing ground, i mean look at five months to now, can i ask how your situation is and what you've been on, you've been here a long time but i cant find your personal story or pictures... thanks again....

Anybody else??

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Wow, I read your post in another thread and you made it sounud like you had some sort of disease. What you described reminded me of a role Nicholas Cage played in a movie called Adaptation. I suggest you check that movie out if you want to see a real example of extreme diffuse balding. You on the other hand, are trippin- SERIOUSLY, come on now. I don't mean to trivialize whatever suffering you are experiencing but you are drastically exaggerating to the point of lying. I'm not saying that you don't think you are balding (a little bit), but major diffuse thinning all over your head, including the back and the sides-YOU gotta be kidding! I think your panic is a testament to how much men fear going bald, but don't worry, your not the first NW1 with a thick head of hair that many people on these boards would kill for, coming on here claiming to be bald. No offense, but your perception is way out of whack. In other words, get a grip.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I reckon you'd be an ideal candidate for finasteride/dutasteride, assuming it's male pattern baldness, not stress related. What's your family situation like? Do the guys tend to go bald at an early age?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, get on some meds and you'll be alright. You are still early enough for them to work and see results. If you want to feel better about your situation, I suggest you check out HatPrisoner's post right above yours. He is truly in need of help and I feel for his situation, unlike yours. :whistle:

metalheaddude

Reaction score
There is some evidence of minor crown thinning. But in all honestly your hair is pretty damn awesome for a 28 year old. You're almost 30 dude! You got to expect this, you're getting older, your aging etc, its just a fact of life man you gotta deal with it. My theory is if you can make it to 30 with most of hair still intact you should be able to maintain that for the rest of your life. The worse bald guys lose most of their hair in there early twenties.

Nevertheless If I was you id get on the Propecia for one year.

If this does not fix your crown then starting applying some roagine foam to it. This should fill on your crown nicely :)

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly, there is some real small thinning in the crown. But other than that, seriously, quit bitching. Im losing my entire hairline and I can't conceal that. Also people like me who lose the hairline have the worst time responding to treatment. The fact you're losing it from the back means you have a great chance of responding to rogaine and finasteride. Quit being a baby.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Omfg... another weirdo with a perfect hair posting his pictures. Everyone has a cowlick of some sort. Don't get offended, it's just weird that someone with such a thick mane is delusional enough to start posting pics of his hair in a website like this. My hair was never that thick. Not even near.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you are all wrong. My hair was thick like his originally, then when it started to thin, it looked like his hair in the photos that is thinning. I could tell my hair was getting thinner and people would tell me my hair is fine. His hair is long and appears thick. If he shaved it down it would show his true thinning.

When I shaved mine down because I complained it was so thin people told me no need. Then after it was shaved they were shocked. It was diffuse thinning all over. I think this guy knows his hair better than any of us. GHG, your hair looks fine in the photos; some people on this site would kill for your hairline. Doesn’t mean you’re not suffering from hair loss

Just because he isn’t bald yet doesn’t mean he cannot be on this site; it’s what’s coming that worries people. He is clearly starting too bald on the crown, and his hair appears way thinner that the original photo.

Okay, it’s not the end of the world for him, but he should at least take it seriously.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
I think you are all wrong. My hair was thick like his originally, then when it started to thin, it looked like his hair in the photos that is thinning. I could tell my hair was getting thinner and people would tell me my hair is fine. His hair is long and appears thick. If he shaved it down it would show his true thinning.

When I shaved mine down because I complained it was so thin people told me no need. Then after it was shaved they were shocked. It was diffuse thinning all over. I think this guy knows his hair better than any of us. GHG, your hair looks fine in the photos; some people on this site would kill for your hairline. Doesn’t mean you’re not suffering from hair loss

Just because he isn’t bald yet doesn’t mean he cannot be on this site; it’s what’s coming that worries people. He is clearly starting too bald on the crown, and his hair appears way thinner that the original photo.

Okay, it’s not the end of the world for him, but he should at least take it seriously.

Hey, I've posted overhead pics where the top thinning shows drastically. So yeah, my hairline is good but that's all there is to it :dunno: . On the other hand, the OP posted overhead pics and there really isn't a sign of thinning except *maybe* on the crown.

confusedafraid

Reaction score
thanks everyone for posting but i think its gotten a little off the point, i know for a fact my hair has thinned a fu*k load in the last four months all over just like prime said... if i shaved my head you would see i'm practically bald, on every part of my head and its really worrying, i'm not insane and i'm asking for advice on what you think i should do?? has anybody else had mpd happen really quickly and should i start the big three at once, think it would cause a double shed which i really cant handle socially at this point.... again thanks for saying i've got lots of hair but the point is prime is right and i had tons of hair four months ago, also the back of my head feels like wire wool, no messing?? can anyone relate??

prime how is your hair and what did you do about it???

cheers

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Practically bald? Talk about overreacting... this is a case for s.a.f. If he thought I was overreacting when I said I'm practically bald, what about you? :mrgreen:

confusedafraid

Reaction score
What??? when did i say anything about you, fu*kin hell go away " ghg " if your just gonna keep bashin, read what OPrime said, he's exactly right.... christ i thought the point was to help people out.... please don't post here again

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol....it’s what GHG does. He has anger in him.

I was the same. I had plenty of hair in Dec 06; by Feb 07 I had two rather large bald patches on my crown. I had thinning down the middle as well. It’s recovered a lot since then. I ended up shaving my head and changing my diet. Finally I used Rogaine and finasteride. I should have gone with them from the beginning really.

My hair has thickened up all over now. I still have the patches on the crown, but they are smaller. I will just wait a year and see where I am at then.

Good Luck mate.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anger? All I can say is lol. It just made me laugh when a dude with great amount of hair says that he's practically bald. Kinda rude when there's lots of ppl on this board who really, truly are practically bald. The pics in the 1st page of this thread are of your hair, right? If so, yeah you're a NW7++++ and practically bald.

P.S. I'll post in any thread I like. Not that I'd need to post in this one any longer. Get on big3 or don't, your call. Those are the only proven treatments out there.

Deaner

Reaction score
Guys, how can many of you say this isn't at least minor loss? It looks like it to me. But in my opinion, this is nothing to worry about. The one area where Propecia exceeds is exactly where he's losing his hair. confusedafraid, I do believe you are starting to thin but it's not worth worrying about bud. Hop on Propecia and see what it does for you, like we've discussed its done wonders for me, especially in general thickness and the crown. Your hairline looks intact from what I can tell, so you're an ideal candidate. Good luck!

Cheers