UCman and Hp both have very good points.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
metropolis said:
On the other hand, you could use baldness as a weapon - especially if the bald guy is an a**hole and really deserves it. Last week, I was being harrassed by a bald colleague of mine and once I started to make fun of his hair loss, he immediately left me alone.

You shouldn't. Insult him on something relevant. By going there you stoop to the same level as the arrogant pricks you spoke of and become the enemy in my eyes.

I'm not proud of it and I know it's not a decent thing to do, but it worked. I wanted to humiliate him and I did just that. And, believe me, he deserved it.

I guess this shows that you are right to feel the way you do: that as*hole is the most arrogant, egotistical prick I've ever met and even he feels upset about his bald head. This shows, once again, how traumatic hair loss can be.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
Imagine this: some idiot starts a fight with you for no reason and you hit him in the balls. You shouldn't do that, you shouldn't hit him in the balls, but under those circumstances it's totally justified. That's how I see it.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
As a general comment right now - hair loss is subjective and different for all of us. Young guys, old guys, good looking and not so good looking, nw2 to nw6. We are all at different stages, some are in bad places, some manage.

But all I can say is that hair loss shouldnt stop you from enjoying your life. When you are in good health then you should throw your arms up and be grateful. Right now I am run down and you realise that hair loss is really insignificant. Thats why everything in life can teach us something. Illness teachs us to be grateful for health. Just to feel happy waking up and being able to get on with life, that really is a precious gift.

What does male pattern baldness teach us? It teaches us modesty and humility, and acceptance. There is only one way to deal with male pattern baldness. Just flow with what nature has intended, fighting is like trying to blow back oncoming wind.

One day we will look back on our lives and realize how worthless and pointless whining about our male pattern baldness was.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
metropolis said:
Imagine this: some idiot starts a fight with you for no reason and you hit him in the balls. You shouldn't do that, you shouldn't hit him in the balls, but under those circumstances it's totally justified. That's how I see it.
How ever you want to rationalize it to make yourself feel better...your still no better than any of those people you claim to be against if you are willing to make fun of someone for their hairloss, period. Maybe you can acknowledge how I have a hard time with these types of people because you recognize that you are one of them yourself.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
What does male pattern baldness teach us? It teaches us modesty and humility, and acceptance.
It doesnt *teach* us, it forces us! :)

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metropolis, i dont know whats your iq is, but you just dont say this in a balds men forum..

metropolis said:
..could use baldness as a weapon ....

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
As a general comment right now - hair loss is subjective and different for all of us. Young guys, old guys, good looking and not so good looking, nw2 to nw6. We are all at different stages, some are in bad places, some manage.

But all I can say is that hair loss shouldnt stop you from enjoying your life. When you are in good health then you should throw your arms up and be grateful. Right now I am run down and you realise that hair loss is really insignificant. Thats why everything in life can teach us something. Illness teachs us to be grateful for health. Just to feel happy waking up and being able to get on with life, that really is a precious gift.

What does male pattern baldness teach us? It teaches us modesty and humility, and acceptance. There is only one way to deal with male pattern baldness. Just flow with what nature has intended, fighting is like trying to blow back oncoming wind.

One day we will look back on our lives and realize how worthless and pointless whining about our male pattern baldness was.

Good post, but please for the good of god change that avater.
I mean how one can spurt out such positivity whilst having that avater only god knows; talk about an oximoron!

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My view is simple. I don't want to hear from people with hair about how I should feel. Otherwise, grab a bic razor and shave it all off, stop all treatments.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
My view is simple. I don't want to hear from people with hair about how I should feel. Otherwise, grab a bic razor and shave it all off, stop all treatments.

fair point...but also to reiterate....many people have in fact gone down that road and are happy as hell they did...they live great lives, have meaningful relationships and jobs they enjoy....they also feel relief at not having to rely on treatments and that they can instead expose their baldness in a stylish way....sure, none of them likely embraced the idea of baldness at first...they make the best of a bad situation, shave it and work on the things they CAN change...

so not to sound condescending...but why do you think you're not able to do that when millions of man do?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
qball01 said:
HatPrisoner91 said:
My view i simple. I don't want to hear from people with hair about how I should feel. Otherwise, grab a bic razor and shave it all off, stop all treatments.

fair point...but also to reiterate....many people have in fact gone down that road and are happy as hell they did...they live great lives, have meaningful relationships and jobs they enjoy....they also feel relief at not having to rely on treatments and that they can instead expose their baldness in a stylish way....sure, none of them likely embraced the idea of baldness at first...they make the best of a bad situation, shave it and work on the things they CAN change...

so not to sound condescending...but why do you think you're not able to do that when millions of man do?

Like you! Yet they ignore your points, only the NW1-2 they listen too cos it suits their arguement.

HP, your hair is gone mate, why dont you just accept it rather then dwelling on something that is never going to come back, unless of course Hair cloning comes out in the near future.

And HP believe it or not it is just as hard for a NW1-2, purely due to the paranoia of becoming a horseshoe 10 years down the line; when for all they know they could have prevented (or at least SLOWED it down dramatically by years) from happening with meds or taking better care of their hair.

I am not bald, but by reading yours and UCMans posts thats all I need to read to know how sh*t it can be if I lost my hair and you guys are miserable.

Do an Agassi/Qball01 and get on with it, you have had time to grief over it.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
metropolis, i dont know whats your iq is, but you just dont say this in a balds men forum..

metropolis said:
..could use baldness as a weapon ....

Ok, so it wasn't a smart thing to say on this forum and I apologise, but it's the truth. No matter how much people say it's alright to be bald and it's only natural and blah blah blah, the truth is... UM and HP are right!

Even someone as arrogant and vain as that prick feels upset by his hair loss. I just took the opportunity and used it against him, because he's a jerk and he deserved it.

I'm not saying that bald men should be ashamed of their hair loss - of course they shouldn't! - and I'm not saying it's ok to make fun of them. In fact, in a couple of years I'll probably be joining the bald heads club. :(

barcafan

Reaction score
Oknow said:
Like you! Yet they ignore your points, only the NW1-2 they listen too cos it suits their arguement.

HP, your hair is gone mate, why dont you just accept it rather then dwelling on something that is never going to come back, unless of course Hair cloning comes out in the near future.

And HP believe it or not it is just as hard for a NW1-2, purely due to the paranoia of becoming a horseshoe 10 years down the line; when for all they know they could have prevented (or at least SLOWED it down dramatically by years) from happening with meds or taking better care of their hair.

I am not bald, but by reading yours and UCMans posts thats all I need to read to know how sh*t it can be if I lost my hair and you guys are miserable.

Do an Agassi/Qball01 and get on with it, you have had time to grief over it.

You're sounding like an ***, man. why is it so hard to just accept that you dont know how they feel. I think deep down you really know how bad it will be for yourself, which is why you're so f*****g scared of losing your hair. Being bald is gonna suck dick, you know it and everyone else does. The only real variables are how well you're able to adapt to it, which includes your personality, sensitivity, and how you actually LOOK bald. What if you look really bad? (Pale, huge head, bumpy, whatever) you'd be forced to live like that forever. On the other hand if it suits you, then the impact will be much less.

Obsidian

Reaction score
OKnow, qball01 I don't think there is much point to helping HP with this. He doesn't want our help and in till he wants to be helped there is no point in trying and plus you have to understand he has been thinking like this since his early twenties and he is in his mid to late 30's now? He is not going to snap out of it unless he wants to really change his way of thinking.