Using tape alone. Washing with shampoo

Baldrik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’ve used glue and tape in the past (ghost bond was too difficult to remove without the tape and walker ultra hold seems toxic - I could taste it in my mouth). Ive recently been using only tape now. It has its benefits - cleanup is easy…no mess. But I’m having to change the tape each week after washing my head. I use walker tape.

Probably wishful thinking but is there a strong tape out there that outlasts a wash?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use walker supertape and get 3-weeks over several washes. I know there are different strengths from daily to weeks. Maybe also chane your tape supplier and see if there is any difference. Ultimately, it could be a body chemistry and activity thing

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use walker supertape and get 3-weeks over several washes. I know there are different strengths from daily to weeks. Maybe also chane your tape supplier and see if there is any difference. Ultimately, it could be a body chemistry and activity thing

I think Supertape is made by TrueTape, not Walker, unless it's another type of tape from Walker you're using.

I use 1 inch wide Supertape on the back and sides of my system (a hyribd of thin skin but with Swiss lace for the hairline). I can easily go a month between attachments and wash as much as I want and the Supertape holds extremely tight.

Supertape isn't designed for the hairline (it's too thick) so I use Ghost Bond Platinum adhesive glue for that. I redo the hairline maybe once or twice a week, which takes 10 to 15 mins max.

If the tape or glue is breaking down when washing, try washing with cooler or even cold water and be gentler when washing (don't rub your hair system and shampoo in too vigourously). I that doesn't work, try different tapes and glues until you get something that holds better. Or wash the hair system less frequently and/or for less time (hair systems don't need to washed as much as bio hair because they don't absorb the oils from the scalp and become greasy. They still need to be washed from time to time, though, and that frequency will vary).

Baldrik

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Supertape is made by TrueTape, not Walker, unless it's another type of tape from Walker you're using.

I use 1 inch wide Supertape on the back and sides of my system (a hyribd of thin skin but with Swiss lace for the hairline). I can easily go a month between attachments and wash as much as I want and the Supertape holds extremely tight.

Supertape isn't designed for the hairline (it's too thick) so I use Ghost Bond Platinum adhesive glue for that. I redo the hairline maybe once or twice a week, which takes 10 to 15 mins max.

If the tape or glue is breaking down when washing, try washing with cooler or even cold water and be gentler when washing (don't rub your hair system and shampoo in too vigourously). I that doesn't work, try different tapes and glues until you get something that holds better. Or wash the hair system less frequently and/or for less time (hair systems don't need to washed as much as bio hair because they don't absorb the oils from the scalp and become greasy. They still need to be washed from time to time, though, and that frequency will vary).
My hairline hair is my bio hair. The system starts just after it.

Thanks for your message though. Will definitely check out other tapes!!

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline hair is my bio hair. The system starts just after it.

Lucky you! I wish I still had a full bio hair hairline. Hair systems can be such a lot of work to make the hairline constantly look good sometimes.

lauren

My Regimen
Reaction score
after 3 weeks, how is the clenanup?