Vanwilder's Story - ( 28/receding & possibly thinng on top!)

vanwilder

Reaction score
`Hi i've just turned 28 and ive always had reciding hairline for as long as i can remember prob NW2/3!
It has recided a little more over last couple of years, but i was at gym other day and when i came out of shower and looked in mirror my hair looked really thin on top under bright!Maybe im just being paranoid! When i look at it now i'm sure its getting thinner & that i can see my scalp more easily

I've also noticed few hairs coming out more recently in my hand when i run my fingers thru it!!!!

My old man is norwood 4/5 but he didnt lose his until his late 40s!

i've included few pics which were taken with flash!Guessing nothing i can do about my reciding hairline now as its too late but i would like to keep what ive got and possibly make it thicker???
I've included few pics!!

also i;m in the uk so could you tell me best treatment to get as ive already got nizoral 2%, should i got doctors or buy online etc

cheers

29082009247.jpg

29082009248.jpg

29082009250.jpg

29082009251.jpg

:dunno:

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: 28 receding & possibly thinng on top now! help & advice req.

ok so your using nizoral
thats good because your scalp looks a little inflamed

i would classify you as an NW3
but it looks like you probably always were a NW2 and not a NW1 as a child
or maybe you have always had a high forehead

you are correct about using treatments to lower your hairline
that wont happen

but you could use treatments to thicken your existing hair
alot of people here use the big three, including myself
you may want to consider using it as well

if your hair loss stabilizes in the next few years you could always get an hair transplant to restore your NW2

vanwilder

Reaction score
:punk:
the finasteride has arrived so let battle commence!
I'll update in month or 2 about how its going!!!

:puke:

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For someone as a NW3, your hair looks pretty good with that style. As long as you keep what you got left with your propecia, you should be set.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude....I gotta agree with WoW. If you have more pics could you post them up. I am a nw3 but there is no way in hell I could manage to style it like yours. Your pics after the first one look like you barely have any hairloss at all.

Teach us how you style it! haha

vanwilder

Reaction score
small update after 4 months on nizoral & finasteride!!!
hair feels little thicker but no real regrowth for receding hairlinei dont think etc

septfeb2.jpg

septfeb.jpg

septfeb3.jpg

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Some people have a mature hairline of a NW3. My granddad does. He's been one since he was 25 and now he's 78.

A lot of people here misunderstand the norwood scale...the norwood scale is your "final" hairline, minus general age thinning.

Obsidian

Reaction score
It looks a lot thicker, a success imo.

vanwilder

Reaction score
yeah sorry, i dont think theres much difference there really!!!
don't expect any regrowth there on nizoral and finasteride!! :dunno:

finfeb11.jpg

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
looks HUGELY better. total success imo, great head of hair. don't change a thing in terms of treatments.

OhioGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Congratulations! Your hairline is very similar to mine. I am about 7 months in and have seen thickening throughout like you but hairline stays about the same. Have you considered minoxidil for your temples? I was on it for a few months and started seeing some regrowth. Off it now due to some potential sides I may be experiencing from it. I may get back on soon. Would appreciate your thoughts.

vanwilder

Reaction score
No I'm not gonna bother with minoxidil etc
Just gonna stick with finasteride & nizoral!
Happy to keep what I've got! Can't be stars with applying other stuff to my scalp
And when that fails I'll just get the trusty razor out lol
Just style it like Jude law, that's good for receding hairline, just need his bank account now and looks lol