Warning... Always perform proper research!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a HUGE difference between having a "bad result" from an ETHICAL, well respect IAHRS surgeon, and getting butchered by some unethical, ungodly piece of trash. I experienced the later. If I had gone to Shapiro or H & W or Erdogan or something, they would have simply turned me down because I had too much hair. I AM GLAD swoop is starting threads like this. PEOPLE SHOULD BE SCARED. Because 90% of this industry is filled with parasitic trash, that will destroy your life for a couple grand and then start ignoring you.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The hair transplant industry isn't regulated and you don't need a qualification to perform hair transplants. Basically, anyone with a PHD before their name can become a hair transplant surgeon! So yes you absolutely should be careful and do your research.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a HUGE difference between having a "bad result" from an ETHICAL, well respect IAHRS surgeon, and getting butchered by some unethical, ungodly piece of trash. I experienced the later. If I had gone to Shapiro or H & W or Erdogan or something, they would have simply turned me down because I had too much hair. I AM GLAD swoop is starting threads like this. PEOPLE SHOULD BE SCARED. Because 90% of this industry is filled with parasitic trash, that will destroy your life for a couple grand and then start ignoring you.

What was your experience like if I may ask?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What was your experience like if I may ask?

You probably know me from BTT.. Had a pretty full head of hair, was thinning in the left temple. Had 800 grafts with Bosley. Was uneducated, naive and uninformed. Day of, she came in, quickly cut up the donor strip and left the rest to her technicians, who must have been like 20-23 years old. She QUICKLY created recipient sites all over the damn place, including the midscalp. 6 months after suffering HORRIBLE Telogen Effluvium and half my hair was gone exposing all these 2-3 unit grafts right at ONLY one side of my hair line and spaced like 1/2" to an inch apart. That was 2.5 years ago... The scar is like 6" long, and raised, for 800 grafts! The grafts look horrible. I don't know how the f*ck she created recipient sites, but one hair grows east, the one next to it west and north and f*cking south. I will post pics when I feel up to it. I have a soft, naturally thinning right hairline and a left hairline / midscalp that looks ridiculous. The more hair I lose, the harder it is to cover.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Man i haven't deeply studied this ...but what i can recall from dermatology study in my graduation..

its so similar looking like KELOID.

Keloid often is found in front of chest,where some injury can give rise to this..
this disease i openly admit i get frightened to even think of it..

i get shivers..because i treated this disease in my internship where Corticosteroid injection is given on it,near it..
it regresses..but will never go..if u surgically removed it,i will come again..

I had not read much about this because its not important academically.