Was I ever losing hair in the first place!? Finasteride two years.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reduce the dose as low a possible. If you start to shed during the reduction you know you need it and it wasn’t just a maturing hairline. Then quickly bump it back up! That’s what I would do.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you're suffering side effects, then there's no practical reason to get off of it.
I have very minimal sides. I have a thinner beard then I used to and maybe a slightly lower libido. Still have sex every day, but the thinner beard bums me out cuz I literally had the thickest beard

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reduce the dose as low a possible. If you start to shed during the reduction you know you need it and it wasn’t just a maturing hairline. Then quickly bump it back up! That’s what I would do.
I stopped for a month to see if anything would happen and I think I lost some hair lol

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you're suffering side effects, then there's no practical reason to get off of it.
I also feel like I look much more dry and vascular off finasteride. This could be in my head too, but I def feel like losing weight is easier when I’m off it

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is really not that hard at all to know if you have male pattern baldness . If you have a father or a grandfather that have male pattern baldness and the hairline or bald, or overall thining happen, you are balding. It is like diagnostic acne . It is something extremly simple, if you are not sure, most probable you don't have male pattern baldness .

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline is very similar to mine, specially the left temple. We're heading to a NW2

There's no such thing as "mature" hairline. It's baldness. A small degree one, but still baldness. You'll never now if it will keeps crawling back or stay like that. You should check your family history.

Still, on finasteride you can try to keep a juvenile hairline for a long time so it is worth it.
Hahahahahahaha
So according to you , if you don't look like this :
Nd9GcT4JCKUNGeSS9cMPbB6ME-6BNVsY7nkcXKrDA&usqp=CAU.jpg

You are balding, Lmao .

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is really not that hard at all to know if you have male pattern baldness
Not in the early stages. I was probably thinning for 4 years before I noticed a loss in density.
I have very minimal sides. I have a thinner beard then I used to and maybe a slightly lower libido. Still have sex every day, but the thinner beard bums me out cuz I literally had the thickest beard
finasteride will always give libido sides, even if they are very minimal, how could the reduction in DHT not!
I had slightly lower libido like yourself. It want for me lol.
If you are about aesthetics, beard, body fat percentage etc you should stay away from oral min IMO but Norwoody is right, it will thicken your beard. You’ll possibly get raccoon eyes, too, maybe worse.

I stopped for a month to see if anything would happen and I think I lost some hair lol

yeah it’s a tough one, dude. What is a priority for you? Slowing hair loss or full libido, vascularity and thicker beard. Can’t have both.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is really not that hard at all to know if you have male pattern baldness . If you have a father or a grandfather that have male pattern baldness and the hairline or bald, or overall thining happen, you are balding. It is like diagnostic acne . It is something extremly simple, if you are not sure, most probable you don't have male pattern baldness .
Hey weirdo. f*** out my mentions. Idc if your bald and get no ***, but you don’t gotta take it out on the proactive people. If you don’t like the thread smd and move on buddy

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had derms tell me that it was androgenic alopecia for the 2nd time. A mature hairline is androgenic alopecia that simply stabilizes. There is no way of knowing if it will continue. A pimple is a f*****g pimple you simp

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not in the early stages. I was probably thinning for 4 years before I noticed a loss in density.

finasteride will always give libido sides, even if they are very minimal, how could the reduction in DHT not!
I had slightly lower libido like yourself. It want for me lol.
If you are about aesthetics, beard, body fat percentage etc you should stay away from oral min IMO but Norwoody is right, it will thicken your beard. You’ll possibly get raccoon eyes, too, maybe worse.

yeah it’s a tough one, dude. What is a priority for you? Slowing hair loss or full libido, vascularity and thicker beard. Can’t have both.
Hahah yeah it sucks. There was a period of time where I was a thick Norwood 1 with a full beard and vascular. Sucks having to choose. Does finasteride actually have an impact on vascularity and body fat percent ? All the studies seem to say no. And I guess my question is, based on the pics and where I’m at now, do you think I’ll lose a significant amount more if I come off? I don’t mind being a NW2 but I’d hate being a NW3. Currently at NW1 from finasteride, but like I said idc if it goes back a little bit nbd

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahah yeah it sucks. There was a period of time where I was a thick Norwood 1 with a full beard and vascular. Sucks having to choose. Does finasteride actually have an impact on vascularity and body fat percent ? All the studies seem to say no. And I guess my question is, based on the pics and where I’m at now, do you think I’ll lose a significant amount more if I come off? I don’t mind being a NW2 but I’d hate being a NW3. Currently at NW1 from finasteride, but like I said idc if it goes back a little bit nbd
Personally i gained muscle faster on finasteride but carried more fat.

Nobody can say for certain what will happen to your hair. Just start reducing.