We can get the Polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Yeah... seriously bornthisway. I gave you a probable explaination, and I asked you to repost it. Jacob has lost an entire thread (the one we can't find at all, Jacob, not even cashed [sic]), and a month ago or so some of our posts were disappearing at random. Actually, LOTS of our posts were disappearing at random! Hey... there are glitches at the site, and it just so happened that software has been tweaked and updated at various times during the past few days opening up the potential for site errors.

Like I said over there, I was watching that thread pretty close all day and I sure didn't see a post from you until the one saying something was deleted.

Can you prove what you are saying that it's some sort of conspiracy? What products are you talking about? Sinere and ZIX?? Elsom? Whatever Sandman's flavor of the week is? Immortal's stuff?? Promox?? If not... no offense but you're sorta talking out of your *** and spreading un-truths. You sound like a pretty logical guy, but your not really coming to your senses here!

So what was that post that was so bad it was wiped from the face of regrowth, while countless other dribble was left in tact??

Was it... [gasp] Pro-Obama? I bet it was pro-Obama. Lots of conspiracy stuff going on with that crowd. ;) Kidding. Loosen up. I'm sorry you feel otherwise and maybe you'll come around to realizing it, but nobody deleted your posts, the site is just FREAKY right now.

-OMG (Shady Regrowth Admin)

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
JayB said:
what the hell is everyone talking about ?

Regrowth is in freaking formatting shambles because the site is midway through formatting changes -there are some glitches with the CSS- and every time this happens, things get strange, and sometimes posts disappear (maybe ones that are made when the server is updating or something??). Bornthisway says he made a post and it got deleted by someone other than himself. Well, "disappearing" and "getting deleted" are two different things, and in his defense he probably didn't realize that problem is happening a little bit over there.

In fact... just a reminder, EVERYONE lost every single one of their old posts in I think October 2006! In fact, everyone that logged on in a certain timeframe window before John Ertel could reload the user info was prompted to register again, so we lost all of our post count numbers, too! [If we would have waited, it wouldn't have been a problem, but hey, I'm impatient] lol... Why Ertel doesn't just switch to a forum like this is beyond me!

The only problem I have with the scenario is he dropped this conspiracy bomb on us, and hasn't responded to what we said back to him in over 24 hours. Kind of a "hit and run", accusing us of deleting his thread.

We thought we'd try to clear it up over here since, of course, he dropped the same conspiracy bomb. Well, I 've explained the situation to him in a couple of spots so I think were pretty free to wipe our hands of it.

Later!
-O.M.G. (currently having FORUM FORMAT ENVY! lol...)

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob/OMG: Oh wow, I didn't even see these posts (don't know if there are more regarding this anywhere else either). I changed my signature after a day or so since I really wanted to avoid drama and I didn't really see why my post would be deleted since I just said I frequent there least and with all the strange happenings the board felt increasingly suspect (so seeing the post deleted after some hours reaffirms doubt). I also noticed copious advertising everywhere (in many locations which made me curious about the sponsoring environment), and the whole format in general is a mess... but regardless I got over it quickly and want to imagine it was a fluke (even if it seems less probable). If there are indeed posts that are just disappearing constantly there it just makes it less attractive. I find the HairLossTalk.com format in general to be the easiest to use and modify posts etc, the other sort of large hair loss forums I know of are somewhat annoying (especially if you try to edit a post w/ hyperlinks). Though, if there are thriving communities anywhere else where they use a half decent system feel free to PM me of them (more views the better). From my understanding I only know of 4 somewhat active communities: HairLossTalk.com, HLH, HairSite, Regrowth.

P.S. It wasn't really a hit and run, I was a little swamped and did reply in that specific thread when I had a chance (after a day or two I think).

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Licorice also decreases testosterone production in men who eat licorice. This is likely due to the licorice constituent, glycyrrhetinic acid, inhibiting the enzyme 17-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, which converts androstenedione to testosterone. Glycyrrhetinic acid also seems to inhibit 17-20 lyase which converts 17-hydroxyprogesterone to androstenedione.

Licorice root contains a saponin glycoside compound called glycyrrhizin (also known as glycyrrhizic acid), which is considered the most active ingredient.

Another use for glycyrrhizins is in suppression of scalp sebum secretion.

A 10% glycyrrhizin shampoo prevented sebum secretion for 1 week compared with citric acid shampoo, which delayed oil accumulation by 1 day.

Consumption of 7 grams licorice (containing 500 mg glycyrrhizin) per day for seven days has been shown to decrease serum testosterone levels in healthy men by blocking the enzymes needed to synthesize testosterone