Weird dreams you've had about your hair

GeminiX

Reaction score
I've had occasional dreams where significant things I have achieved / overcome have been taken away.

They probably indicate some of my insecurity or fears about failing; while not occuring enough to bother me, they are interesting to me I guess and might be revealing (of course they might just be a part of the "human condition").

Recent ones I can remember, which seem to recur every couple of years / many months apart:

• Being bald again (on topic or what?) :)

Being a guy again.

My shiny new car gone / stolen and in it's place is a banger of a car I had about 15 years ago.

Unable to find a good job / back doing "Joe Jobs" like the ones I did while in college.

Sometimes I also get slightly creepy dreams where a long deceased pet suddenly turns up in the garden, alive and well (A bit Stephen King that one).

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
Draco88 said:
I figured since so many of us are obssessed with our hair (loss), i was wondering whether any of you have had some bizarre dreams about your hair?

I had one last night, where in the bathroom i was looking at my hair and next thing i know it's become terribly thin on the top part (which i assumed in the dream that i was shedding) and i saw some new hairs coming through, yet i didn't seem too disappointed i just questioned how i'd go to work that day lol

I had one. I dreamt I was looking in the mirror, my hair was falling out and I had these horrible holes and bruises on my scalp.

I remember I was really upset back then. Then, I found out about finasteride, it saved my hair and gave me peace of mind, God bless that pill.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I had a dream that I joined a hair loss forum and created a screen name that coincides with this great show I watch on Fox call House, MD. For some reason in the dream, I keep posting obsessively giving people advice like I am some kind of psychiatrist or dermatologist for some godly unknown reason. Oh yeah, in the dream I have these posters who have very strange names like CCS, s.a.f., Cassin, Hatprisoner, Uncomfortable Man, IBM, oni, admin and vipergts. I honestly have never met any people with such names. Anyway, they all turn out to be great people and great posters. Unfortunatley, this strange dream keeps recurring alot and I don't know what to make of it. I don't really know why I am having such a dream because nobody has every told me I was going bald but I have had some dreams too where I am bald and lost all my teeth and I can fly too. And Heather Locklear always seems to be my girlfriend in all these dreams too. When I awake from this dream, my wrist and fingers ache as if I was typing alot on a computer. I am also covered with sweat and smell like this product people refer to as Rogaine Foam. I run to the mirror to see if my hair is all gone and low and behold its still there. And lastly, I wake up with a strong craving for this pink little pill that I find in this little bottle with the title Propecia on it. I just guess I am just one of those people with crazy dreams...... :whistle:

CCS

Reaction score
I have not dreamed about my hair much lately. Mostly been dreaming that my face looks horrible. You know the guy who plays as the general in the move The Rock? It has Sean Connery. and somebody Cage, and then the general guy. Well, I know he is not a bad looking guy, but his stern face hardly looks 20. I dreamed my face looked like his, and it was a nightmare. But I check my face in the morning and it looked just fine.

Ed Harris

MV5BMjAyNzAzNjg1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTU4NDc3._V1._SX278_SY400_.jpg

CCS

Reaction score
And he better not be reading this.

Dutchguy21

Reaction score
I just remembered a dream I had a few months ago. In the dream I lost all of my hair and got a ´scalp transplant´ from a dead guy with red curly hair (mine is dark brown). In the dream I wore the scalp of the dead guy over my bald dome and it looked rediculous ofcourse but for some reason I didn´t mind in the dream, I had a full head of hair. When I woke up I realized just how obsessed I am about my hair, this is getting rediculous.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Woke up this morning from dreaming I had hair. I never get used to waking up from those dreams. I thought, I only have one life and I have to live it looking like this. What a waste. Maybe I should just never wake up.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worst dream I ever had about myself with regards to my hair was a few years back. In it, I was out clubbing, in my 40s, in the bathroom washing my hands. I looked up and then saw my reflection, I saw that I was bald - looking like an absolute geek.

Needless to say I woke up, and checked my hair out immediately. I have not forgotten about that dream since this day.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
uncomfortable man said:
Being awake is a nightmare. Ah, the sweet refuge of dreams.

Not for me bro. My dreams are almost ALWAYS nightmares where I am dealing with hairloss OR being chased by a killer or something.

Does the killer look like the guy in your avater?

Mens Rea

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
uncomfortable man said:
Being awake is a nightmare. Ah, the sweet refuge of dreams.

Not for me bro. My dreams are almost ALWAYS nightmares where I am dealing with hairloss OR being chased by a killer or something.

I haven't had a nice peaceful night of sleep in maybe 11 years or so. That's no BS either.

wow. thats tough mate i think you should look into some sort of therapy

i sleep like a baby i think ive woke up once from a semi-nightmare since ive grown up. clearly your inner mind is at odds with itself :(

Reaction score
I have vivid dreams where my hair loss has progressed rapidly, and there are huge bald and thinning spots, and it happens along the pattern it's following in real life, making it all the more real and horrifying. When I wake up from these my heart races and I instantly check I still have hair. I also have strange dreams sometimes where my hair turns ginger, which carries quite a stigma in the UK.