What Can I Add To My Natural Regimen ?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Since im allergic to finasteride and minoxidil, incredible but real, im going straight with a natural regimen.

Im taking
- twice daily saw palmetto ( mild dht blocker )
-rosemary oil ( it works similar to minoxidil 2%)
- dermarolling 1,5mm once a week
- 10min daily scalp massage.
-avoid coffee and smoking lol

Anything else that can help to slow down hair loss ?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since im allergic to finasteride and minoxidil, incredible but real, im going straight with a natural regimen.

Im taking
- twice daily saw palmetto ( mild dht blocker )
-rosemary oil ( it works similar to minoxidil 2%)
- dermarolling 1,5mm once a week
- 10min daily scalp massage.
-avoid coffee and smoking lol

Anything else that can help to slow down hair loss ?

how is avoiding coffee helping hair loss ?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I see lavander oil can help in hair growth, it has estrogenic properties, anti androgen and anti inflammatory, anyone know how to use it ?

freebiefan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does rosemary oil work without the side effects of minoxidil? Is it the caffeine in coffee that raises t and dht or is it something else?

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clue what would be the best diet and hair washing routine?
Some people had regrowth on vegan, some had hairloss on vegan. Same situation with carnivore.
I heard some people say that hot water and too much showering is bad for the hair follicles.
Someone informed about that?

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a clue what would be the best diet and hair washing routine?
Some people had regrowth on vegan, some had hairloss on vegan. Same situation with carnivore.
I heard some people say that hot water and too much showering is bad for the hair follicles.
Someone informed about that?
For diet: just make sure you're hitting your macro and micronutrients. Adequate protein consumption is important. Stay away from red meat, dairy and gluten. All three are highly inflammatory foods. From there, you can add foods that reduce DHT and/or inflammation. (I currently eat a lot of soy, and try to include onions and garlic as much as reasonable)

As for washing, I have never noticed a difference in hair shed with different methods. Unless you're washing with scalding water and using some really harsh shampoo, you should be ok follicle-wise. Now, what washing DOES determine is the appearance of your hair. The way you wash should be suited to your biology and lifestyle. My hair gets greasy fast, plus I sweat a lot, so showering daily is essential for me. Definitely use colder water, and if you're like me and need to shower daily, limit the amount of time that the shampoo is in your hair.

BTW a special note about keto shampoo: I don't believe it does much at all for hair loss. I recently ran out, and after a few weeks nothing has changed.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes , there is an study on pubmed where caffeine raises both testosterone and dht
Interesting! Is this the article? :
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3521899/

Without in-depth understanding behind it all,this is my take of it:
-Topical caffeine prevents testosterone from negatively affecting growth, but Alpecin shampoo etc are not very effective for the reason that they are simply not absorbed enough into the scalp.

-Any topical shampoos also only act as a weak stimulant (and it barely stays on the scalp for long), so consider it a very weak version of scalp massaging.

-The previous findings had been that drinking caffeine does not cause hair loss. This is from UK's Harley Street Clinic:
"Is caffeine causing my hair loss?
I drink a lot of coffee, is that why I’m losing my hair? This is a question we see a lot. Too much caffeine is not good for you for a lot of different reasons, but hair loss isn’t one of them.
Caffeine is a naturally occurring chemical stimulant. Caffeine is found in beverages we drink on a daily basis such as tea and coffee and is also found in a variety of different fizzy drinks and energy drinks. A number of different studies show the effects of caffeine and hair loss, and they’re positive. Caffeine does not contribute to hair loss or baldness."

I guess the 2018 study disproved that theory with more relevant findings relating to DHT, and drinking coffee/energy drinks should be avoided :/

Last edited:

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting! Is this the article? :
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3521899/

Without in-depth understanding behind it all,this is my take of it:
-Topical caffeine prevents testosterone from negatively affecting growth, but Alpecin shampoo etc are not very effective for the reason that they are simply not absorbed enough into the scalp.

-Any topical shampoos also only act as a weak stimulant (and it barely stays on the scalp for long), so consider it a very weak version of scalp massaging.

-The previous findings had been that drinking caffeine does not cause hair loss. This is from UK's Harley Street Clinic:
"Is caffeine causing my hair loss?
I drink a lot of coffee, is that why I’m losing my hair? This is a question we see a lot. Too much caffeine is not good for you for a lot of different reasons, but hair loss isn’t one of them.
Caffeine is a naturally occurring chemical stimulant. Caffeine is found in beverages we drink on a daily basis such as tea and coffee and is also found in a variety of different fizzy drinks and energy drinks. A number of different studies show the effects of caffeine and hair loss, and they’re positive. Caffeine does not contribute to hair loss or baldness."

I guess the 2018 study disproved that theory with more relevant findings relating to DHT, and drinking coffee/energy drinks should be avoided :/

yes, it seems topical caffeine is good preventing testosterone and stimulating blood flow but systemic caffeine increases dht by enhancing the alfa-reductase activity. Personally, i only avoid super concentrate coffee but still drinking tea, coca cola or other things with minimal caffeine..

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys , i want know how to use correctly the oils.

I will start with rosemary and lavander oils.

Can i mixed both in the same application ? Or is it better one in the night and the other in the morning ?
How much time i must leave the oil in my head for full absorption? All the night and than washing the next morning or with 30 minutes is ok ?
Should i do massages during the application ?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mainly killing your collagen. Shedding phase would also be ideal to avoid, but if it works like minoxidil I doubt it avoids this

i doubt rosemary can regrow hair like minoxidil, but it wont kills your collagen too

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i doubt rosemary can regrow hair like minoxidil, but it wont kills your collagen too

yes i can, as 2% minoxidil. the girl who sell me the oil has good results with it, regrowth vellus hairs and thickened the existing hairs, the same the minoxidil do

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow. This news regarding caffeine is unsettling. I usually have a ton, and thought I was helping myself.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow. This news regarding caffeine is unsettling. I usually have a ton, and thought I was helping myself.

Me too! This is a bit of a revelation to me...
You could argue that so far there has only been one publication with such findings, but it seems to make sense to keep a moderate intake of caffeine if you are going through the trouble of a diet consisting of high omega3/protein/vitains/antioxidants etc.
I drink huge amounts of green tea (matcha to be specific, which is known to contain almost as much caffeine as coffee), but with a very high concentration of antioxidants....now I feel lost.
I guess moderation is the key.