What happened to global warming?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Leon: Did you look at Aussie's graph?

I'm still in the "maybe" category but I have seen Aussie's graph in articles I've read and it does show an increase over the time period charted, (i.e., no matter which line you use).

Do you think that chart is fiction? Or doesn't go back far enough to show that during other periods the line isn't higher now than ever before?

ali777

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
I'm still in the "maybe" category.....

I think it's important to keep an open mind on most subjects, not just global warming :punk: .

I used to know at least one environmental scientist who didn't believe in global warming. She was a normal researcher who got paid by the state and she didn't have any political believes, she just thought the whole subject was blown out of proportion and she didn't believe in it....

I've already stated my own opinion, it's not just about global warming, for me it's more about respecting mother nature and being frugal with the natural resources.

For example, the fish we get from the seas have much higher ratio of poisonous minerals today than they used to. We are polluting the world and there may not be going back. We are tipping the balance....

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am not a mass sceptic but the thing with global warming is i have never seen conclusive proof just correlation and THEORY, the problem is it's hard to prove a man made factor because the earth has had some natural climate change, i mean it has been a planet full of CO2 and volcano and extremely hot and the earth has gone through an ice age so to prove a man made fault we would also have to disprove a natural fault
i have been seeing a lot of correlation but no proof of causation, i personally don't know if it's right or wrong, i kinda find it hard to believe a gas typically measured in ppm rather than %age because its amount is so small would have such a damaging effect
though global warming or no global warming we still do need a sustainable economy