what has hairloss prevented YOU from doing?

How has hairloss affected your plans

• I chose a different career path, than what I had in mind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
Skating has been a big part of my life since I was 13 and im now 23. I used to only skate with people I knew and hated going to skateparks because I was afraid of people seeing this balding guy who they probably thought was 30. I spent my final year of University in England (im originally from NY) and only went skating 3 times and wore a hat each time because of my insecurity.

It sucks because the whole skate culture is about punk and hip hop and my hair makes me feel like I'm too old to be a part of it anymore.

I recently moved to Poland and I forced myself to go skating without a hat the first time I met up with people here. I knew if I wore a hat the same thing that happened in England would happen here. It worked because Ive already skated more in 2 months living here than a year in England.

I also don't approach women at all in a dating sense anymore unless im completely drunk(which kills any chance even if hair wasnt an issue). Hence I haven't had a gf in a year.

G

cleverusername said:
Skating has been a big part of my life since I was 13 and im now 23. I used to only skate with people I knew and hated going to skateparks because I was afraid of people seeing this balding guy who they probably thought was 30. I spent my final year of University in England (im originally from NY) and only went skating 3 times and wore a hat each time because of my insecurity.

It sucks because the whole skate culture is about punk and hip hop and my hair makes me feel like I'm too old to be a part of it anymore.

I recently moved to Poland and I forced myself to go skating without a hat the first time I met up with people here. I knew if I wore a hat the same thing that happened in England would happen here. It worked because Ive already skated more in 2 months living here than a year in England.

I also don't approach women at all in a dating sense anymore unless im completely drunk(which kills any chance even if hair wasnt an issue). Hence I haven't had a gf in a year.

Dude, I thought shaving was in amongst punks. Unless you're one of those emo wannabe-punks... 8) . If you got a nice head shape, you can shave your noggin and make it a statement in a way, your new style (even if it's forced). That's what I'm planning to do, but I gotta get much fitter to wear the style properly.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
nah man those are skinhead punks and skinheads in Poland are people you want to stay far away from. I have it buzzed now #3. I shaved my head a couple years ago when I still lived in Queens and I heard "white power!" in the dave chapelle voice from everyone I knew.

Oh and I'm definitely not emo, I dress pretty normally I think although most people say they can tell I skate before I say anything.

G

cleverusername said:
nah man those are skinhead punks and skinheads in Poland are people you want to stay far away from. I have it buzzed now #3. I shaved my head a couple years ago when I still lived in Queens and I heard "white power!" in the dave chapelle voice from everyone I knew.

Oh and I'm definitely not emo, I dress pretty normally I think although most people say they can tell I skate before I say anything.

Oh I didn't think that shaving is such a sensitive thing in America. My bad. Well in Poland I can imagine... Seriously, I didn't get any comments this summer when I have had my hair buzzed pretty close. And I wouldn't care even if I did, I know I'm not a goddamn racist, actually I'm pretty far from it for a Finn (there's a lot of racial prejudice here still). If someone thinks not having hair makes me a nazi, then so be it.

IBM

Reaction score
people should be calm and think of the Ocean. There's things much much worse. So sleep and all your problems will go away. Sleep... Tomorrow will be a brand new day...

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that the most it has prevented me from doing is growing out my hair, which some others have said. I've always had the short hair or military cut, but I've always wondered what it would be like to have hair long enought to actually brush or to style instead of just the flat laying down look that I've had my whole life. The bad part is that I could have done this like 5 years ago but I never wanted to deal with my hair so I just always cut it short to get it out of the way.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
None of those... Sorry for anyone who voted for those, really i am

zackmcqueen

Established Member
Reaction score
HAVING hair always prevented me from delivering a decent headbutt. Now however, I am unstoppable, and people have even witnessed me knocking a horse unconscious with a well-placed headbutt. You can see it on youtube.

s.a.f

Reaction score
zackmcqueen said:
HAVING hair always prevented me from delivering a decent headbutt. Now however, I am unstoppable, and people have even witnessed me knocking a horse unconscious with a well-placed headbutt. You can see it on youtube.

Link?

G

Well now that I think of it, not the hairloss itself but this damned scalp itch has an effect on the quality of my life. Not an hour goes by without the itch, and that obviously isn't very funny after a year of losing my hair. If I'm having a real bad itch day, I don't want to go anywhere or do anything, it's that bad.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
zackmcqueen said:

:lol:

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Btw...it hasn´t stoped me doing anything and in fact i keep doing even more things.

I´m learning to draw and improve my skills in computer graphics, i bodybuild and go out with my friends etc etc and it will keep this way :D