What Is This Weird Finastride Textured Hair? Feels Like A Wig.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its the reason why i quit minoxidil. I had a full head of hair when i was on steroids, but noticed some "slight" thinning. I jumped on minoxidil, and lost 50% of the hair i had on my head. I shed like 300-400 hairs everyday. I quit after 3 months because i couldnt bear it. I stopped, and my hair stopped falling out completely.
Now i jumped on dutasteride and a couple other things, and im shedding hair again, but now even worse.
The fact that its happening again shows me that its a good thing and that unfortunately, i have to go through it. Which is why im gonna stick to it this time.

That’s most likely the case. I have read a lot of shedding stories and the majority say it’s a good thing. I have also read many negative posts on shedding. I have also my own experience using finasteride, which I once considered a failure, but who the hell knows now. I possibly quit too early and starting and stopping min on my face only made things worse.
I think you should definitely stick this out. Would you be willing to buzz your head during the shed phase? That certainly helped me.
Good luck

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys i have an urge always to pull out hairs on one area of my head (upper left temple), is the urge to pull hairs to relieve that sensation that the hair needs to come out a sign of mbp?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on bro, you know why you’re pulling on those follicles - you’re giving yourself the ol’ hair pull test. How can plucking a hair help? Just scratch the sensation/itch.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It just feels good when i pull on the hair and it comes out in that area, theres no inflammation or tingle just an urge to pull on those hairs. All my hairs are wispy and in resting stage from the finasteride but why is my scalp giving me this sensation in just that area - I know it cant be good to pull on hairs

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s most likely the case. I have read a lot of shedding stories and the majority say it’s a good thing. I have also read many negative posts on shedding. I have also my own experience using finasteride, which I once considered a failure, but who the hell knows now. I possibly quit too early and starting and stopping min on my face only made things worse.
I think you should definitely stick this out. Would you be willing to buzz your head during the shed phase? That certainly helped me.
Good luck
Whats the point of buzzing my head?

Guys i have an urge always to pull out hairs on one area of my head (upper left temple), is the urge to pull hairs to relieve that sensation that the hair needs to come out a sign of mbp?
I noticed that, despite having a pretty healthy scalp with no dandruff whatsoever, its still itching. I can imagine its all those damaged hairs falling out

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats the point of buzzing my head?

I noticed that, despite having a pretty healthy scalp with no dandruff whatsoever, its still itching. I can imagine its all those damaged hairs falling out

Not sure its just damaged hairs falling out as i dont have that urge to pull out in other areas of the scalp, just the the left temple where mbp usually starts.
Also added avodart 2 days ago, no additional sides or shed, seems to me fina already was the big shock to my system. I want to drop fina but worried about the implications of stopping it but 3months in ive still got a high libido from the fina which aint good

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Moosey because shedding is a lot of stress for most people - a buzzed head = no visible shed.

@Harv Trichotillomania (TTM)
People who have trichotillomania have an irresistible urge to pull out their hair, usually from their scalp, eyelashes, and eyebrows.

It’s caused by stress mate.

And this is why I suggest a buzzed head during a shed. Shed = stress and enough stress can f*** your hair, or worse your mental health.

Treatments for TTM include things like Cognative behavioural therapy, so it’s no quick fix.

AGAIN I suggest buzzing your head, and you should probably start meditating ASAP

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure its just damaged hairs falling out as i dont have that urge to pull out in other areas of the scalp, just the the left temple where mbp usually starts.
Also added avodart 2 days ago, no additional sides or shed, seems to me fina already was the big shock to my system. I want to drop fina but worried about the implications of stopping it but 3months in ive still got a high libido from the fina which aint good
Well men dont lose hair all over their head. Only on the top of the head, and alot of times only in the front.

"Also added avodart 2 days ago, no additional sides or shed"
Is this a joke? Dutasteride has a halph life of 5 weeks.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well men dont lose hair all over their head. Only on the top of the head, and alot of times only in the front.

"Also added avodart 2 days ago, no additional sides or shed"
Is this a joke? Dutasteride has a halph life of 5 weeks.

Half life meaning it only kicks in after 5 weeks?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jeju
Hmm i get what you are saying, but i dont think im stressed out over the fact im shedding hair. I mean, i think i would be aware if it bothered me, no?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Half life meaning it only kicks in after 5 weeks?
Indirectly, yes. But it also means that if you take a single dose of dutasteride (0.5mg). After 5 weeks, 0.25mg will still be active in your system. Hence "halph life".
But yes, it needs to build up in your system for several weeks.
If you dont have any sides, i dont see the point in dropping the finasteride

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Indirectly, yes. But it also means that if you take a single dose of dutasteride (0.5mg). After 5 weeks, 0.25mg will still be active in your system. Hence "halph life".
But yes, it needs to build up in your system for several weeks.
If you dont have any sides, i dont see the point in dropping the finasteride

Well in the beggining when i took my first pill i had the reflex hyperandrogenicity sides- oily scalp,high libido, inflammed folicles & shedding then after 2 months it stopped libido crashed less shedding and sides went which was good.
BUT after my 2 month batch finished the online pharmacy sent me a different brand of generic finasteride and as soon as i took those my libido went straight back up and had a shed/oily scalp. Now my libido is still high but no other sides hence why i want to switch to duta

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jeju
Hmm i get what you are saying, but i dont think im stressed out over the fact im shedding hair. I mean, i think i would be aware if it bothered me, no?
You sound okay to me mate. Good luck with treatment.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well in the beggining when i took my first pill i had the reflex hyperandrogenicity sides- oily scalp,high libido, inflammed folicles & shedding then after 2 months it stopped libido crashed less shedding and sides went which was good.
BUT after my 2 month batch finished the online pharmacy sent me a different brand of generic finasteride and as soon as i took those my libido went straight back up and had a shed/oily scalp. Now my libido is still high but no other sides hence why i want to switch to duta
Are you saying your current batch is not working?
Dutas is much better than finasteride anyways. You should take finasteride for the next 4 weeks until dutasteride starts working.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not that its not working, maybe its stronger or just my body hasnt got used the different brand of fina yet. They all have the same active ingredient of finasteride to reduce dht but there strong hormonal drugs so maybe different manufacturers who produce it slightly chemically differently can send a new shock to the system.
Plan on doing that ^ taking duta and dropping fina but really annoying becausw i was so worried about the reflex hyper symptoms which i got initally then stopped then came back with a high libido with the second batch

LifeIsSucks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are saying you took ONE finasteride tablet and overnight it changed the ENTIRE structure of your hair? Are you mentally ill?

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are saying you took ONE finasteride tablet and overnight it changed the ENTIRE structure of your hair? Are you mentally ill?

Listen pal if you cant talk decently dont comment. Its a forum we dont know eachother so dont be rude.
Yes my hair changed as you can see from photos ive posted. Been on it for 7 months now with avodart. Ive said many times the inital hormonal change shocked my body/scalp caused a shed and made my hair look strange. Anyways now my hair has mostly stabilised and i barely shed any hairs however the damage has been done and my hair still looks the same sh*t state. Not sure if im to expect regrowth now that i hardly shed or more shedding down the line of my current shitty wirey hair

ghost27

My Regimen
Reaction score
Best of luck with your progress. As I’ve previously said before, I completely believe you when you say just shortly after taking finasteride it destroyed your hair.

I was on it for about 5 weeks when I noticed my hair receding at a quicker rate! Some people it just don’t work on. To be fair though, I thought I’d just log back in here to see how everyones progress is getting on. I finally decided to have a hair transplant to treat my hairline. And even if it’s something I’ve gotta do in the future to ‘top it up’ it’s the best decision I’ve made!

Best of luck