what's the difference between rogaine and generic minoxidil

tobyfan

Reaction score
I know that rogaine is a brand name of minoxidil. But there is much difference between the price of the two products. Does rogaine work more efficiently?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would have to say... NO! go with the generic and save yourself some money. Use the money you save to buy nizoral shampoo to deal with the irritation that the minoxidil can sometimes cause.

tobyfan

Reaction score
Trent said:
I would have to say... NO! go with the generic and save yourself some money. Use the money you save to buy nizoral shampoo to deal with the irritation that the minoxidil can sometimes cause.

OK, thanks. I have bought nizoral. But what kind of shampoo is better for the days nizoral not used?
nioxin? H&S? PANTENE?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
many people believe here that T-Gel shampoo is a great addition because it has a different approach to attacking male pattern baldness than nizoral, so the days you are easing off on nizoral you are attacking male pattern baldness from another angle.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Trent said:
many people believe here that T-Gel shampoo is a great addition because it has a different approach to attacking male pattern baldness than nizoral, so the days you are easing off on nizoral you are attacking male pattern baldness from another angle.

If I live in the EU, where can I buy T-Gel from the Web?

tobyfan

Reaction score
Trent said:

I found T-Gel in Wal-Mart, but it says that it is used once per 3 days, it does not looks like a general shampoo.

tanpimp

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure since I'm only taking nizoral right now, but I believe 1 day you use Nizoral, 1 day you use T-Gel, then 1 day you use another shampoo. Then repeat.

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there is a difference between brand-name and generics in terms of effectiveness (probably not, as everyone seems to agree on this), but there is definitely a difference in terms of how rough or gentle they are on your scalp. For some people, anyway. I posted a message called "a note to anyone starting minoxidil" about exactly this subject, a few days ago. It should be in here somewhere.