Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A-L-I-E-N!
1,2@3
:punk: :punk:

Cassin

Reaction score
Ok now...how do you watch your movies? DVD or something like Netflix?

Because I can name a ton from netflix streaming. I only like psychological thrillers and true horror movies...I am not into slasher torture flicks.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Right now it's The Strangers and Hard Candy.

GeminiX

Reaction score
At first I was tempted to say "The Flintstones Movie" (zing!), but I changed my mind.

Ever since Blair Witch stopped me sleeping for several months, I can't really do psychologial horror movies anymore; I go instead for the slasher / monster horrors; or just fun action films with a scary beastie (or two).

My favorites are (in no particular order of thrills, gore or scares):

Aliens
Jaws
Poltergeist
The Innocents (1961)
Scream
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Deep Blue Sea
Rosemary's Baby
Se7en
Jacob's Ladder

And if video games are allowed, Dead Space.

Defiance

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea the strangers is a pretty good scare. I always thought Amityville horror was a pretty good horror flick (the ones based on true stories usually are)
Hav'nt see The Haunting in Connecticut but heard it is ment to be alright aswell

finfighter said:
I also love true blood !

Speaking of trueblood, how sweet is Jason Stackhouses hair haha, i cant stop looking at it as mine use to be the same before i started losing, damn you Stackhouse

oni

Reaction score
Defiance said:
Yea the strangers is a pretty good scare. I always thought Amityville horror was a pretty good horror flick (the ones based on true stories usually are)
Hav'nt see The Haunting in Connecticut but heard it is ment to be alright aswell

finfighter said:
I also love true blood !

Speaking of trueblood, how sweet is Jason Stackhouses hair haha, i cant stop looking at it as mine use to be the same before i started losing, damn you Stackhouse

Amityville horror a true story....................hmmmmm not to sure about that one.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The hills have eyes (new version).
Jeepers Creepers 2

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
April Fool's Day, the original one. The surprise ending was a great twist. Most horror movies don't have as good as a surprise ending as this one.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
April Fool's Day came out in 1986 probably before so many of you were born. It was not super scary but the twist ending was great. Today, horror movies are alot more gory but in the 80's that movie was one of my favorites because the ending was a big shocker. If you have never seen this movie, I would rent it. You will enjoy it.

oni

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
April Fool's Day came out in 1986 probably before so many of you were born. It was not super scary but the twist ending was great. Today, horror movies are alot more gory but in the 80's that movie was one of my favorites because the ending was a big shocker. If you have never seen this movie, I would rent it. You will enjoy it.

Scary twist?

I found the ending funny........................................... :whistle:

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of horror movies, and generally avoid them, too much pant changing to do, but this film caught me by surprise as I watched it on tv and had no idea it was scary, until I started watching it. It scared me shitless, but I do get quesy just watching hospital dramas.

The film is called 'The Descent'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/

A horror film, but more psychological I thought, but really well made

ps. The film is quite unique as it's an all famale cast,

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
The movies that actually kinda "scare" me are the ones that might could actually happen. I think I saw that Strangers one (motel, B.F.E.?)... that was decent. I've always had a soft spot for House of 1000 Corpses.

GeminiX

Reaction score
chore boy said:
The movies that actually kinda "scare" me are the ones that might could actually happen. I think I saw that Strangers one (motel, B.F.E.?)... that was decent. I've always had a soft spot for House of 1000 Corpses.

I think those are the ones which scare me the most too; monster films are fun for the jumps but it's the ones where humans are being evil to other humans with no special powers or anything, just evil nasty people.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yeah the Ring sh*t me up too.

Another one that caught my attention was '1408'

From a Stephen King book starring John Cusack, I decided to watch it after reading good reviews, it's more a supernatural thriller though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450385/

Although my favourite horror, is The Shining.