when is that new $40 shampoo coming out?

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I'm thinking of replacing nizoral with revita, but I hate to leave something that is proven. I don't know if any of nizoral's other ingredients help with delivery.

What's the big deal? The only "proven" thing about Nizoral is Ketocanazole, which is in Revita. If it makes you feel better, keep using the Nizoral on occassion.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Re: Revita shampoo or Tricomin Shampoo

AussieExperiment said:
Which would you guys choose out of Revita shampoo or Tricomin Shampoo?

I'm actually using both - Tricomin first, rinse, then Revita.

G

liquidfirex said:
How long does a bottle of this stuff last do you think?

2 months.

If you prewash with a cheap shampoo beforehand to get your hair all lathered, you can probably make it last 4-6 months.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
By mistake I pre-shampooed today w/ Revita (usually use something else) - but then went ahead and used it a 2nd time anyway.

Having a good hair today (for a change :)

Been using it pretty steady everyday for 2 weeks now, but I think I'm going to cut back to 5x weekly on the Revita.

Still like it.

G

hair_tomorrow said:
By mistake I pre-shampooed today w/ Revita (usually use something else) - but then went ahead and used it a 2nd time anyway.

Been using it pretty steady everyday for 2 weeks now, but I think I'm going to cut back to 5x weekly on the Revita.

Still like it.

hair transplant,

are you leaving it in for 1-2 minutes, then rinsing out and doing it again like the instructions say? Or are you just leaving it in for 5 minutes all at once then rinsing out? I think I'm too lazy to do option 1 but I wonder if it will work as well if I only do it once for 5 minutes.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
hair_tomorrow said:

Still like it.

hair transplant,

are you leaving it in for 1-2 minutes, then rinsing out and doing it again like the instructions say? Or are you just leaving it in for 5 minutes all at once then rinsing out? I think I'm too lazy to do option 1 but I wonder if it will work as well if I only do it once for 5 minutes.

For my first shampoo (Revita or whatever else), I'll shampoo, then leave the shampoo in while I scrub my face w/ Rite-Aid's "Black-Head Remover" which is a facial scrub containing salysilic acid ~ (TMI ? :)), then rinse my face, then rinse out the shampoo. So the whole facial exfoliation process might take 1 minute, give or take - and that's how long the first shampoo stays in..

Then for the 2nd shampoo (let's say Revita) I'll go through the rest of my shower ritual (4 - 6 minutes). So the 2nd shampoo stays in for however long it takes to finish my shower - guesstimating 4 - 6 minutes. It's do-able.

G

hair_tomorrow said:
JayMan said:
[quote="hair_tomorrow":6d572]By mistake I pre-shampooed today w/ Revita (usually use something else) - but then went ahead and used it a 2nd time anyway.

Still like it.

hair transplant,

For my first shampoo (Revita or whatever else), I'll shampoo, then leave the shampoo in while I scrub my face w/ Rite-Aid's "Black-Head Remover" which is a facial scrub containing salysilic acid ~ (TMI ? :)), then rinse my face, then rinse out the shampoo. So the whole facial exfoliation process might take 1 minute, give or take - and that's how long the first shampoo stays in..

Then for the 2nd shampoo (let's say Revita) I'll go through the rest of my shower ritual (4 - 6 minutes). So the 2nd shampoo stays in for however long it takes to finish my shower - guesstimating 4 - 6 minutes. It's do-able.[/quote:6d572]

Oh I know it's doable, yeah. That's what I'm doing. I'm just wondering if anyone is actually doing what the instructions say and washing their hair with Revita twice on the Revita days?

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
i've been following the instructions on the bottle (1-2 minute prewash, then 5 minutes). i like the way it makes my hair look, but to tell you the truth, i think i'm going to "prewash" with another shampoo (probably the Tricomin i have leftover). it just seems like a waste to wash it out so quickly after the first time, and i think the first wash is just to help with the lather of the second wash....

just my opinion, and hope that makes some sense....

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
jimmyjames said:
. . . . . it just seems like a waste to wash it out so quickly after the first time, and i think the first wash is just to help with the lather of the second wash....

Exactly. That first wash is also supposed to help rid your scalp and hair of a variety of residues - making that 2nd shampoo more effective.

Everyone's different though as far as hair-type.

Before using Revita - which is a shampoo that almost demands 2 washes - I'd alternate: shampoo only once 1 day, twice the next, etc.

Depending on the shampoo - my hair often times looked better shampooing only once.

But because of that aloe and the emu in revita - you almost have to shampoo twice.

G

hair_tomorrow said:
jimmyjames said:
. . . . . it just seems like a waste to wash it out so quickly after the first time, and i think the first wash is just to help with the lather of the second wash....

Exactly. That first wash is also supposed to help rid your scalp and hair of a variety of residues - making that 2nd shampoo more effective.

Everyone's different though as far as hair-type.

Before using Revita - which is a shampoo that almost demands 2 washes - I'd alternate: shampoo only once 1 day, twice the next, etc.

Depending on the shampoo - my hair often times looked better shampooing only once.

But because of that aloe and the emu in revita - you almost have to shampoo twice.

now im confused again. you shampoo twice with revita some days? why do you feel like you have to?

why not prewash before revita every time and then just do it once for 5 minutes?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
you shampoo twice with revita some days? Yes, but by mistake. I'd prefer to pre-wash with Tricomin.

why do you feel like you have to? I don't feel as if I have to. I do feel that I have to shampoo twice though - because of my hair type and how the final wash w/ Revita leaves my hair.

why not prewash before revita every time and then just do it once for 5 minutes? I think that's what I do. I think we might be confusing each other :)