Where are my friends now?

CCS

Reaction score
church fodder is someone who felt lost and got sucked into a small radical religious group. I doubt that will happen to you since you already are catholic.

I've had plenty of bad roommates too. Fortunately I've always had individual leases, so I only had to deal with their messes, rudeness, parties, etc. I know some people who have to deal with roommates who don't pay their rent or utilities.

I don't fit in at bars either. When you say "clubs", do you mean bars with a small dance floor, or do you mean actually clubs like a chess club? Here are some of the only reasons to go to a bar:

1. You like to drink in public.
2. You go there to meet people you've already met.
3. You like to watch people at the bar, and you don't mind all the smoke and loud music, and you like the orange juice.
4. You are confident you can get laid. If you doubt you can, and you just want sex, then it won't be fun.
5. You are looking for a fight.

Anyone else want to add some reasons why they like going to bars? I do like the music at some of them, and I like to improve dance, and they have inexpensive fruit juice, and I like to look at people intereacting, but the smoke and loud music usually pushes me out. It is too loud for me to hear a woman even if she wanted to talk to me. After 10:00 pm most places close, so the bars are all that is left.

I prefer to save money by not going to bars and restaurants and bowling allies, but by going to the park or the mountains or a good hiking trail. Where I live I don't have to go far. I think the reason you don't feel like you belong is because subconsciously you need other people's acceptance or approval to feel good about yourself. Once you become more self reliant, you'll enjoy hiking by yourself or going to a bar by yourself or hanging out with strangers you don't plan to see again, and just enjoying a few common interests that hour.

I've had many dumb or mean coworkers, but I've also met smart ones. If you are tired of the same coworkers, you could work somewhere where there is more turn over. I usually hang out after work and chat with some of my coworkers. Don't just look to the ones your age. Some 40 year olds may have good stuff to talk about. And don't just talk to the men either.

If you have not bought a car yet, don't. Just rent one on the weekend if you really want to go somewhere or pick someone up. You'll save money. You just need a platnum visa card to cover the auto insurance. New ones have payments and require full coverage insureance until the loan is paid off. Used ones have constant repair needs, including mistery problems, which is why the previous owner sold it. No one has the money to sell a dependable car, unless it does not have AC. If you ride a bicycle instead of a car, you can save a lot of money. But if go to the hills often, the car may be cheaper than renting.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
IBM said:
They is women as girlfriends not others.

That's exactly what Solo is talking about...a girl that for whatever reason you don't want to date anymore...one that won't leave you alone and refuses to take a hint. Pure hell.

Tell me about it, I just went throught that.

Aplunk, I didn't have many friends in my grade and high school years. I keep two friends from my grade school, one from high school and some from community college.

It sucks, but sometimes a few friends are all you need.

I understand your situation at work, I thought my co-workers were good but most were hateful selfish and lying hypocrites. Some do lie about you to get you laid off or fired. I have no sympathy for these people who lie just to get more hours. But there were some with good hearts. One female co-worker mentioned on my kindness why girls don't have a boy friend like me and were shocked to hear I didn't have one.

My current workplace part-time has gotten better.

I don't fit in with bars or clubs except for Goth ones. I think they're better than some others.

I much rather read a book outside or practice martial arts. I can't afford to go to any schools because of lack of money. I'd like to once I get money.

I've practiced martial arts all througout high school and at various parts in college. I like to improve my self-defense while staying lean.

I also have started to get out of the specter of my past and appreciate the present.

I guess now I'm a late bloomer.

Hope this helps you Aplunk!

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
church fodder is someone who felt lost and got sucked into a small radical religious group. I doubt that will happen to you since you already are catholic.

. . . .

Yeah - going to church regularly is cool - hey you might even meet a nice Catholic girl (Catholics rock :)

The important thing to beware of is people coming to you up on the street and asking you "Is this all there is to life? No there's much more out there, and a group of my friends and I have the answers for you. Come to a spaghetti dinner tonight and we'll tell you all about it". MOONIE ALERT!! Don't Go!!