which sex ages best

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
JayMan said:
to clarify if you look at what i was replying to, i was replying to nathaniel's comment that men have an advantage. they certainly DO.

i agree, men do age better usually...

and it's true that men don't take advantage of their advantage in fitness like they should. there are a lot of obese middle aged men. these men could look ten years younger if they stayed in shape.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:
to clarify if you look at what i was replying to, i was replying to nathaniel's comment that men have an advantage. they certainly DO.

and it's true that men don't take advantage of their advantage in fitness like they should. there are a lot of obese middle aged men. these men could look ten years younger if they stayed in shape.

its very hard as you get older....you have to put in 3x the work to be in shape as you approach middle age...hell most kids in their 20s arent even in shape.

Guys have families and careers....they dont really have time to watch what the eat and be in the gym everyday.

G

JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":0d802]
JayMan said:

its very hard as you get older....you have to put in 3x the work to be in shape as you approach middle age...hell most kids in their 20s arent even in shape.

Guys have families and careers....they dont really have time to watch what the eat and be in the gym everyday.[/quote:0d802]

going to the gym isn't as necessary as some think. it's more watching what you eat, but not even food-specific, more just calories. people know it but they eat more calories than they metabolize. lots of people eat because they're bored, lots eat just because it goes well with watching tv, etc.

sh*t i've lost 30 pounds in the past couple months.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":d10ad]
JayMan said:

Guys have families and careers....they dont really have time to watch what the eat and be in the gym everyday.

going to the gym isn't as necessary as some think. it's more watching what you eat, but not even food-specific, more just calories. people know it but they eat more calories than they metabolize. lots of people eat because they're bored, lots eat just because it goes well with watching tv, etc.

$#iT i've lost 30 pounds in the past couple months.[/quote:d10ad]

I eat like a horse...I cant even gain weight...

I brought 4 sandwichs for lunch today...lol

I graduted HS in 2001 at 140lbs...now im 160

G

JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":51073]
JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":51073]
JayMan said:

$#iT i've lost 30 pounds in the past couple months.[/quote:51073]

I graduted HS in 2001 at 140lbs...now im 160[/quote:51073]

you can't gain weight but gained 20 pounds since high school? must be deliberate

so you have a fast metabolism. eating less than you metabolize. let's see if you can still eat as much at age 40 and not gain weight. :lol:

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":50c1d]
JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":50c1d]
JayMan said:

$#iT i've lost 30 pounds in the past couple months.

I graduted HS in 2001 at 140lbs...now im 160[/quote:50c1d]

you can't gain weight but gained 20 pounds since high school? must be deliberate

so you have a fast metabolism. eating less than you metabolize. let's see if you can still eat as much at age 40 and not gain weight. :lol:[/quote:50c1d]

dude 20lbs in 7 years is NOTHING...Most of it is from working out which i started doing consistently in HS...I then got huge stretch marks on my armpits from gaining that weight....ive been at 160 now for the past 3 years or so.

I also grew another inch upon graduating HS.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It used to be pretty hard for me to put weight when I was a teenager, now that I'm 25 holly sh*t I better watch out. I recently gained 10 pounds due to over eating and I wasn't necessarily eating a whole cow btw.

s.a.f

Reaction score
JayMan said:

Hard for someone who has'nt been there to understand but as most guys get to middle age, have families, careers etc they tend to not really give a sh*t about their appearance. Their days of chasing skirt and playing sport are over and paying bills and worrying about their kids takes up most of their time.
At this age many of them will start to suffer hairloss and yet about 90% of the guys on here are in their early 20's.

G

s.a.f said:
Hard for someone who has'nt been there to understand but as most guys get to middle age, have families, careers etc they tend to not really give a $#iT about their appearance. Their days of chasing skirt and playing sport are over and paying bills and worrying about their kids takes up most of their time.
At this age many of them will start to suffer hairloss and yet about 90% of the guys on here are in their early 20's.

SAF I can understand it because my dad is overweight. He really doesn't give a sh*t about his appearance anymore with regard to that. It's sad because he's a good looking guy and he could STILL look 5-10 years younger than he is if he was at a decent weight. Oh well.

All I wa sgetting at SAF was that men have no real solid roadblocks put in front of them on their road to fitness like women do with pregnancy.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
You can still keep yourself in shape even if you have kids and bills to pay. Its no big deal! All you have to do is eat properly and take daily exercise i.e walking to work instead of getting the bus etc. Keeping yourself in shape shouldn't take any of your free time unless you want to be a bodybuilder and spend hours in the gym!

If I had a family and was 60 I would still want to keep myself in shape even tho I wasn't playing the field anymore I would still want to do it for myself and my wellbeing!