Who Would Help Fund A Kerastem Therapy?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha, I wouldn't worry about that. That is a very, very rare thing that never happens. And it only has happened in the past to people who have had large liposuction procedures.

I had a septoplasty surgery recently and the doctors told me that there is a rare and small chance of puncturing my skull when removing the cartilage in my nose, and that would leak CSF fluid from my brain, which could potentially kill me. I freaked out about that but then every single doctor laughed and said it would never happen.

I wouldn't be concerned about it. Think about the thousands of clinics all over the world who perform liposuction every single day for all sorts of procedures.

And also, i'm reading that modern clinics only use blunt-tipped cannulas (which is what they use in Belgrade), and those instruments do not cut into blood vessels.

f**k I also have to go through septoplasty very soon, and then kerastem... so I have 2 very rare chances to die! :D
I also agree there are very rare occurrences that might happen in any treatment, either surgical or meds. But life is always a hazard, so...

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Well… I want to be that optimistic… though the original data set isn't with a very large sample. What 6-9 people? I don't think that really implies anything statistically significant yet. There's certainly a fairly significant pessimistic side of all this me that it's probably more snake oil. I guess we'll all know this winter though. Would be a really nice birthday gift later this year if my hair was growing back though :p

There Is no way that their clinical trials in Europe/ japan only consisted of nine people, no way. How did you come up with such a low number. To my understanding every person they are treating now they are compiling data as well too. Wouldn't call it snaked oil, as it has proved beneficial even very beneficial to other people

jayeffbee

Established Member
Reaction score
There Is no way that their clinical trials in Europe/ japan only consisted of nine people, no way. How did you come up with such a low number. To my understanding every person they are treating now they are compiling data as well too. Wouldn't call it snaked oil, as it has proved beneficial even very beneficial to other people
Maybe I missed the newer studies then? I know the original results were this:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...shrs-annual-scientific-meeting-300140941.html

CHICAGO, Sept. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Kerastem, a worldwide leader in stem cell-based approaches to hair growth, announced today that clinical data utilizing the Kerastem Therapy for the treatment of female and male patterned baldness (genetic alopecia) was presented by Dr. David Perez-Meza (Malaga, Spain) at the 2015 ISHRS meeting. The data was based on an initial clinical series from the United Kingdom. The authors (Drs. Perez-Meza, Ziering, Sforza, Ball, Krishna and Daniels) performed a single scalp injection of Kerastem's regenerative cell enriched adipose tissue in 9 healthy hair loss patients, and a total of 6 patients were followed for a period of six months using global photography and macrophotography with the Handyscope and Trichoscale Pro software used to quantify hair growth. The authors reported a 100% patient response rate to the Kerastem Therapy at 6-months and in patients with early stage hair loss, the percentage increase in hair count/density was a mean difference of 17% (p = 0.02). In males with early grade loss, an average 29% increase (p=0.057) in hair count/hair density with a mean difference of 40 hairs per square centimeter was observed.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow,stand corrected. 100% response though still such low numbers. I have no idea for sure, but they must have done further evaluation before they opened up shop in three different countries.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
How'd it go?
Sorry for the late reply. Every went smooth. The team is really friendly and takes good care of you. To be honest I do not remember a single point of the procedure. I was deeply sleeping! But it was like the other members described it.

I do not have any bruising on my bely which is still a bit swollen though. Second good news is that I look definitely more fit than before.

I have only a bruise on my forehead due to the cannula, I hope it will disappear in the next few days.

Hey man I missed your post completely. Have you done it? You could've contacted me for the info about the city and stuff since I live in Belgrade.

Is Stupidon alive lol?
I am still alive! I didn't get time to contact you as I just slept one night in Belgrade then I came back to Croatia where I am currently spending my holidays as my gf lives there. :)

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Good thing to hear that you didn't had any complications and that you have no bruises!

Did they tell you to avoid the sun until the bruises subside?

Yes they repeated it 100 times and still I didn't pay so much attention. It was almost 40 in Zagreb and even if I didn't expose myself so much, the little bruise on my forehead is kind of a mix with a sunburn. Not a single minute of sun for me from now on or it can definitely get worst (will be nice on the coast :( ).

On a positive note, now everyone knows even a little sun is forbidden until you are not completely healed. This is no joke, take it seriously.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm chatting with him atm. He said there's been some improvement but that the progress is very slow but that it's improving. It will be 3 months this week since he's done the treatment.

They only hold data for 6 months and you see a 10-30% improvement during that time. Because they hold no further data past that point it would be unwise not to start protecting those gains, which means topicals.

and topicals should work better and more locally with that new fat layer in your derm.
one of the reasons why I've planned to go for it.

Crespo88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want some before and after from some member here who has done it..If so i will book asap..

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Katarina told me that nobody of their clients came back for another session and they've been doing it for two years, meaning that people have been satisfied with it for two years or it didn't met their expectations.

That's not a good sign. I think it's a safe assumption that if they got significant results there would be some people going back for more, unless they were completely cured, which we know isn't the case.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm be keen to be a test subject on this treatment (up for anything that might significantly delay until something game-changing comes along) but need your help on a couple of points (apologies if the answers are in the 30 odd pages previously):

a) Apart from the 2 or 3 three photos on the official Kerastem website, do we have any other before or after photos, or credible forum members who speak of results?

b) Why use this clinic in Croatia, and not say Spain or Switzerland?

c) How do we know that this Croatian clinic is affiliated with the Kerastem company? How can we verify they are following their process/treatment?

Thanks

Charlie

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just had the procedure done yesterday at Belprime clinic in Belgrade. I can't say enough about how hospitable and professional Dr Andjelkov and her team are. They are first class.

Now comes the waiting game to see if I'm a responder...fingers crossed. Nice result on the waistline at least.

Btw no bruising at all for me.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm be keen to be a test subject on this treatment (up for anything that might significantly delay until something game-changing comes along) but need your help on a couple of points (apologies if the answers are in the 30 odd pages previously):

a) Apart from the 2 or 3 three photos on the official Kerastem website, do we have any other before or after photos, or credible forum members who speak of results?

b) Why use this clinic in Croatia, and not say Spain or Switzerland?

c) How do we know that this Croatian clinic is affiliated with the Kerastem company? How can we verify they are following their process/treatment?

Thanks

Charlie

Apologies for the bump - any thoughts on the above for those who may know?

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
a) Not really. Apparently the Geneve as well as the Belgrade clinic have pictures of patients that were shown via Skype to some members and discussed in the 30 odd pages. Also there are some pics on the Japanese clinics website. (can't post the link, follow the link on the kerastem website.) Scroll down to point five, below the pics of the woman you can click the bars to see three more subjects.
There are currently four guys who took the treatment, Christopher1, Nathan_74 on the International Hairloss Forum, and here I think @lynney45 and @Blackber . All reported a stop of shedding after a few weeks and some improvement and have then gone silent.

b) Because the Clinic in Spain is doing it only on paper yet and the Swiss clinic is insanely expensive.

c) They are linked on the Kerastem website and the former head of the clinic is now overseeing the clinical trials of the method in the USA. (Someone looked that up in the 30 odd pages)

I'm honestly waiting for some more positive updates myself and decided to start Ru in the meantime. There is a fish in the water i think regarding the involvement of the fat layer in the male pattern baldness process. I might make a post on my thoughts, but i don't want to be the crazy theorie newbie guy. :)

Some weekly updates from the guys who did it are hugely appreciated to keep us entertained. Even if its just: Not sure, depends on the light.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
a) Not really. Apparently the Geneve as well as the Belgrade clinic have pictures of patients that were shown via Skype to some members and discussed in the 30 odd pages. Also there are some pics on the Japanese clinics website. (can't post the link, follow the link on the kerastem website.) Scroll down to point five, below the pics of the woman you can click the bars to see three more subjects.
There are currently four guys who took the treatment, Christopher1, Nathan_74 on the International Hairloss Forum, and here I think @lynney45 and @Blackber . All reported a stop of shedding after a few weeks and some improvement and have then gone silent.

b) Because the Clinic in Spain is doing it only on paper yet and the Swiss clinic is insanely expensive.

c) They are linked on the Kerastem website and the former head of the clinic is now overseeing the clinical trials of the method in the USA. (Someone looked that up in the 30 odd pages)

I'm honestly waiting for some more positive updates myself and decided to start Ru in the meantime. There is a fish in the water i think regarding the involvement of the fat layer in the male pattern baldness process. I might make a post on my thoughts, but i don't want to be the crazy theorie newbie guy. :)

Some weekly updates from the guys who did it are hugely appreciated to keep us entertained. Even if its just: Not sure, depends on the light.
You should share your thoughts. Al new ideas are very welcome. Discussing leads to new possibilities.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm curious about derma stamp and wounding in conjunction with Kerastem. I was thinking of testing small patch of my head. Any thoughts?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update...

Shedding and inflammation in my scalp returned a couple weeks ago.

I just hit the 2 months mark - the studies show the efficacy of the treatment measured between 3-6 months so I wouldn't read into this too much.

I'll get you guys another update if I see any changes and/or once I hit the 3-6 months mark.