Why again dont we stop testosterone?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Now maybe im wrong here it has happened before. I thought testosterone is normally converted with the 5ar-2 we always hear about into dht which then does a bunch of crap as all hormones do. Now DHT has a much higher affinity for binding to receptor sites then testosterone does. Testosterone still binds its just weaker. Now the million dollar question is why dont we lower or stop testosterone which will automatically stop or lower DHT because testosterone turns into DHT. Im sure lowering testosterone will raise or change other hormones, but why doesnt someone lower testosterone locally in the scalp? isnt that really the answer to this?

CCS

Reaction score
your body needs testosterone. Just stop testosterone in your scalp, with topicals.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Okay thats great. Why have we known about testosterone and DHT for 20 years and no one has done it yet?

I dont know a single FDA approved topical that lowers testosterone in the scalp to castration levels.

CCS

Reaction score
Nothing lowers it in the scalp. Androgen receptor blockers like spironolactone and RU, and maybe Nizoral, don't reduce testosterone, but they block it from doing its thing. Not very well, though. I wish we had a shampoo with something way stronger than RU in it. But they have not made it yet and probably are not even researching it.

IBM

Reaction score
Still i dont understand why not reduce testosterone? Why do we need it? Not to get b**ch tits?

abcdefg

Reaction score
It seems to me the answer to prevention is testosterone, and we have known it for a long time. No one has done a single thing about it. I realize its an important hormone and could mess up a lot of things, but couldnt we come up with something better then clipping it up a level with the 5ar 2 enzymes and maybe hit the root of the problem testosterone the king androgen.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think im losing my hair but its real slow. Im not sure i feel like screwing with the speed of it by taking some crap like propecia. The problem isnt dht its testosterone becoming dht and the testosterone itself. I just wish i had some alternative to propecia as im sure most young men do. Right now i see nothing besides propecia doing anything and even propecia doesnt stop male pattern baldness from happening.

IBM

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
I think im losing my hair but its real slow. Im not sure i feel like screwing with the speed of it by taking some crap like propecia. The problem isnt dht its testosterone becoming dht and the testosterone itself. I just wish i had some alternative to propecia as im sure most young men do. Right now i see nothing besides propecia doing anything and even propecia doesnt stop male pattern baldness from happening.

finasteride plus 200 mg of oral spironolactone would do the trick. If you want something more effective then flutamide is the answer.

CCS

Reaction score
yes, flutamide and finasteride should give you castration like effects, or stronger. It can make you really sick too. your body needs testosterone.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Well yeah the point is for me to stop testosterone locally in my scalp where it matters not grow myself boobs or totally screw up my body. Im just wondering where that RU type treatment is for FDA approval that stop testosterone locally so I can prevent male pattern baldness completely.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa. Testosterone is important for all sorts of things... especially emotions. You know that thing that feels like your will to live? That feeling comes to you thanks to testosterone.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yes i know that. What im asking is why hasnt someone made an FDA approved product that stops testosterone locally in the scalp? thats the solution to stopping androgens not just stopping dht. If such a treatment existed we could see how important testosterone is in male pattern baldness since we know it influences it.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was directing that at the peeps recommending oral spironolactone or flutamide back there.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
testosterone is very important. I'd love to have more if it didn't covert to DHT!

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would never take oral spironolactone nor would i ever take anything along with propecia to try to balance out anything. Ive been debating a very long time if I even want to take propecia or not. Im still just watching and losing more hair, but very slowly which i might do on propecia anyways. I dont see any treatment out today really worth using i mean not unless it will stop hairloss cold.

stnl

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg you have made a valid point, in fact it's so valid that reducing testosterone is a proven hair loss prevention treatment. Eunuchs have very low amount of testosterone and most of them never lose hair. People that have gone on chemical castration drugs like Androcur, have reported no further hair loss since they started taking Androcur.

Let me talk more about Androcur. Androcur is actually an anti-androgen drug that also reduces ls fh hormones in your body and hence reducing production of testosterone. Androcur has liver heptatic toxicity side effect, but that is not life threatning or unmanageable. When 50 prostate cancer patients were given 50 mg Androcur for 4 years, 28% of the patients had unusual liver enzymes, but none had any liver tumors. The unusual live enzymes were not serious enough to stop Androcur treatment.

For stopping hair loss, Androcur has been tried as a topical and also as an oral regimen for women but not for men, since it reduces testosterone. Finally I would say that YES YOU CAN STOP HAIR LOSS WITH ANDROCUR BUT THERE ARE SIDE EFFECTS DUE TO LOW TESTOSTERONE , EG WEIGHT GAIN, LOW LIBIDO, AND IMPOTENCE AND INFERTILITY. Most side effects should go away after stopping androcur, infertility is questionable.

Im planning on taking a low dose of androcur for may be a 2 years, or longer if side effects aren't bad.

GOOD LUCK

abcdefg

Reaction score
I guess i mean why dont more treatments attack testosterone locally like a topical. Testosterone is the root of the problem not DHT.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
I guess i mean why dont more treatments attack testosterone locally like a topical. Testosterone is the root of the problem not DHT.
It is? I don't understand why some of you are willing to give up all that makes us men to have a rug on our heads? DHT and Testosterone MAKE US MEN!

Klapsen

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Yes i know that. What im asking is why hasnt someone made an FDA approved product that stops testosterone locally in the scalp? thats the solution to stopping androgens not just stopping dht. If such a treatment existed we could see how important testosterone is in male pattern baldness since we know it influences it.

I don't how a person with almost 500 messages can say such a stupid thing, why testosterone can't be reduced locally in the scalp?

1) There are no products that reduce anything locally in the scalp without systemic abosrbtion, you can't ask for a product that magically reduces testosterone at a 100% in the scalp without having systemic abosrbtion, it doesn't exist, furthermore, what would you do with that testosterone? It can't just disappear, it has to turn into something, and maybe it was estrogens which is a big problem for men.

2) Do you have idea how testosterone is produced an how to block the production of it? There are no products that just reduces DHT in the scalp, DHT can only be reduced by blokcing the enzymes and affect the whole body and if you could reduce testosterone you would affect the whole body too with a lot more problems that reducing testosterone.

There are a lot more reasons but I thing the previous ones are big enough to understand why this cannot happen, I don't understand how people can expect that kind of things, it just means that the have no f***ing idea of what they are talking about.

abcdefg

Reaction score
estrogen is not bad for hair no one has proven that.

What does topical spironolactone do? or how does that work? so androgens such as testosterone, dht can not be reduced locally only?

I could make the counter argument that you have no clue what your talking about yourself and your 2 posts gives great credibility to that.