Why are Copper Peptides so Important?

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Copper Peptides are, in my experience, the best way to deal with thinning hair.

I used Folligen and Xandrox for about 6 months (after stopping finasteride after 4) and my hair was never better since I was 17. I'd been using minoxidil for over 6 months and NIzoral for about a year when I started Folligen and my hairline got a lot better (from Norwood 2.5-1.5 or thereabouts) but my hair still thinned pretty bad! It also still itched like mad sometimes.

Once I started Folligen, after about a month or two I already noticed that my head didn't itch anymore. After three months my hair was noticeably thicker, and I didn't shed nearly as much when washing it (no hairs all over my hands.)

I've been overseas now for about 2 months and forgot my folligen at home. All I'm using is Xandrox and Nizoral. Although my hairline has not noticeably receded, and my crown is still well covered, my hair has been shedding like a chemo patient (diffuse), is itchy and thin as it ever was. Folligen makes a definite difference! :hairy:

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
About itching,

It has been hypothesised that itching is caused by the human immune system attacking the hair follicle, which leads to inflammation, fibrosis and eventually miniturization-a process commonly called male pattern baldness.

It's comforting news that Copper Peptides get rid of this itching completely and almost immediately.

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a new synthetic peptide that immediately sparks the follicle into growth phase and eliminates inflammation as well .I'm sorry I don't have the link at the moment but you can find it on my peptide post on the experimental forum .

djApolloCreed

Reaction score
How long does a bottle of folligen or tricomin last? You only use it 2-3 times a week right? Thanks I just want to crunch the numbers before i start up (you know how it goes)

Cassin

Reaction score
djApolloCreed said:
How long does a bottle of folligen or tricomin last? You only use it 2-3 times a week right? Thanks I just want to crunch the numbers before i start up (you know how it goes)

Yeah, but you can use it every day if you want. I do now.

6 sprays equals 1 ml
30 ml equals 1 oz
1oz equals 1 month

so just look at the bottle size.

And thats if you use it every day or even need the 6 sprays.

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
To get the results that they had in the tricomin trials you propably have to use it 2 times per day as they did.
Ofcourse 3 times/week will still help.

G

cassin said:
djApolloCreed said:

Yeah, but you can use it every day if you want. I do now.

6 sprays equals 1 ml
30 ml equals 1 oz
1oz equals 1 month

so just look at the bottle size.

And thats if you use it every day or even need the 6 sprays.

Cassin,

how / when do you apply this stuff in conjuntion with minoxidil?

Also what kind/brand of minoxidil do ya' use?

What made you choose Folligen over Tricomin?

cheers

Ty

(thinking of getting some folligen)

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try using a regime of tin/copper peptides .Its just a silly idea but might have some possability .I suppose my regime is turning into a cocktail .finasteride with dutasteride and tin with copper might be just what the hair transplant doctor doesn't want . Someone has to play the guinea pig or else whats the sense in rehashing the same old slow going regime .I have vellus hairs turning pigmented already but want to aim for a full head of hair in two years .

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that the folligen spray contains 8oz, which is roughly 220ml. If one uses 1ml a day it should last 7 months or so, shouldn't it?

Cassin

Reaction score
absmon said:
My understanding is that the folligen spray contains 8oz, which is roughly 220ml. If one uses 1ml a day it should last 7 months or so, shouldn't it?

right about that yes. But 4 sprays seem to get me the coverage I need. 6 sprays is about 1 ml.

Cassin

Reaction score
tynanW said:
Cassin,

how / when do you apply this stuff in conjuntion with minoxidil?

Whenever. I don't have a set time.

tynanW said:
Also what kind/brand of minoxidil do ya' use?

Since I have severe irritation which is pretty much getting under control,I rotate legit Rogaine with Dr Lees 30% PPG formula item #503 . I pretty much split it 50/50 in use frequency. Dr Lees is mainly used in the AM since it dries so fast. It costs me on Avg $17 or so a month to use the expensive brand. It's worth it to me even if it doesn't work better than generic if only for piece of mind.

http://www.minoxidil.com/scripts/webcar ... =minoxidil

tynanW said:
What made you choose Folligen over Tricomin?

cheers

Ty

(thinking of getting some folligen)

Well I am sort of using both right now. At first I only used Copper-Peptides for severe irritation I was getting from minoxidil 5%. Dr Loren Pickart claims Folligen is stronger than Tricomin, which is the ProCyte formula. In my experience this is true since my irritation starts creeping back if I go too many days using the ProCyte formula of Copper-Peptides and goes away again if I use Folligen for an ap.

I have to use Copper-Peptides every day now otherwise I could not use minoxidil at all. You must have a healthy scalp to have the best results so I must stick with this. Which comes to the major problem of Folligen, the stuff is very green on your scalp if you have minoxidil on it. It's barely detectable if you don't. So I am mixing in American Crew (ProCyte formula, pretty much the same as Tricomin) since you can use it with minoxidil and never tell you have it on.

Like I said before, I started using Copper-Peptides at first for irritation only, but since then I have read so much about it I think anyone that wants to regrow hair needs to be on it since it is so healthy for the scalp. We should have the BIG 4 here.

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes , I have to agree . It stands that copper peptide is a big influence and thus constitutes calling for "The big four" finasteride , nizoral , min , cp . Although if you where to add copper peptide and then a potent antiandrogen such as dutasteride topical this combo would blow nizoral "out of the water" as they say thus making "the big five" in my case .

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll throw in my 2 cents...

I think Folligen is good. I've used it for about 8 months. I haven't noticed any super regrowth but it sure reduces itching which is great.

I use it over tricomin because it is a newer generation product by Pickart and is supposed to be alot more potent and cheaper (because they didn't persue FDA stuff). I use about 1/2ml per day at night.

I'd be interested in what the makers of Folligen have to say regarding applying it with minoxidil. I apply folligen about 5 minutes after minoxidil. I used to wait like 1 hour but then the folligen just seemed to dry as a green layer on top of the minoxidil.

G

I'm relatively uneducated with tricomin, folligen, crinagen and rivogen. Which do you reckon I should add to my reg? I'm currently on minoxidil for 6months and nizoral for 1 month and will start finasteride in 6 weeks time. Briefly, what does folligen do, does it grow hair or just improve the scalp? Is it even worth adding? Does it cause a shed?

Btw, if I'm to go with folligen, is Folligen Solution Therapy Spray what I should buy?

Thanks

Kenny

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm really not impressed with my experience with crinagen but I am pleased with tricomin .I would save the money spent on crinagen and apply it to a copper peptide purchase . If anything go with the "big three" regime .Great results have been documented .

Cassin

Reaction score
fifty said:
I'd be interested in what the makers of Folligen have to say regarding applying it with minoxidil. I apply folligen about 5 minutes after minoxidil. I used to wait like 1 hour but then the folligen just seemed to dry as a green layer on top of the minoxidil.

They would say 5 minutes exactly. I emailed them on this.

G

cassin said:
fifty said:

do you just mix the folligen into the still wet minoxidil on your scalp?

creating a kind of paste?

Cassin

Reaction score
tynanW said:
cassin said:
fifty said:

do you just mix the folligen into the still wet minoxidil on your scalp?

creating a kind of paste?

I don't use the Folligen lotion/Cream anymore since I ran out. No particular reason, I just have so much spray left I am just using that now. But as far as the spray goes, I put on the minoxidil and then whenever I think of it I put on the Folligen. This stuff is very green when used with minoxidil.

Using the Amercian Crew formula is undetecable in color but in my experience it is weaker. This is why I rotate them.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if folligen makes your hair grow faster, will it ever shed? isn't it important for your hair to shed?

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Im kind of surprised that no one has mentioned Proxipen-n from Proctor. Its probably better than tricomin, folligen or Crew. It also has a minoxidil type ingredient called pyridine-N-oxide, and various SODases.

Ive never tried it because Ive been happy w/ Tricomin and recently Crew, but I might throw it into the mix and use it every other day. It is expensive, but Dr Proctor probably knows more than most people about how important Cu peps. are.

Bryan used nothing but Prox-n for 2 years and didnt lose any addtional hair, and may have grown a little. Imagine if he had used proscar, nizoral and minoxidil with it?

A cheaper option is Dr Proctors "generic" form of Prox-n, which can be purchased through Life Extention "Dr Proctors Regrowth Formula"

Hey Jesus Freak, thanks for the post, Have you been using Crews Peptide Serum as well?