Why are so many people on this board....

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I've been having emotional problems since I was young. My father was sick with cancer when I was 6 and again in high school.

I lived in a neighborhood of spoiled white kids who were snotty and I didn't fit it in with the kids at school. I never fit in any clique group work or school. Basically, the neigborhood was white boys who love rap but say the most racist things about black people. I could not fit in with them since I had friends who were black in my childhood.

Plus, I was less confident and people somehow knew I had a temper and tried to get me into trouble. That led to some sh*t I completely forgot about because I moved on.

My hairline which started to recede a bit in high school was just a small factor. I had planned on shaving the head at the end of high school, but I'm glad I didn't back then.

but now, I'm doing better than I've been. I'm losing weight, saving up and more social than ever before. You just have to keep moving forward.

BTW, has anyone heard from Aplunk?

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with JayB. True that a forum like this will have a wide variety of posters, but having recently browed 3-4 hair boards, and having been active on non-hair boards for other stuff since 99, I can tell there is a group of 'neurotic' folks on the hair boards. Maybe it could be called OCD, but some folks post up comments that make me think that they are thinking about this stuff too much.

Reality is that the ladies don't care, hiring authorities don't care, nobody cares as much as you do about hair loss.

My wife thought I was obsessive about hair loss, but after reading some stuff over my shoulder on the hair boards she thinks that some of you guys are over the top.

If you are super obsessed with your appearance, work out and become buff. Women notice that way more than hair. Keep messing with hair stuff like the rest of us, and hope for the best. You have to keep a sense of humor around this stuff. My wife laughed her butt off when my first hair product packet came from India, it was a box covered in fabric, that was hand-sewn shut. We laughed about it for a week.

Have fun!!!

G

klink said:
I agree with JayB. True that a forum like this will have a wide variety of posters, but having recently browed 3-4 hair boards, and having been active on non-hair boards for other stuff since 99, I can tell there is a group of 'neurotic' folks on the hair boards. Maybe it could be called OCD, but some folks post up comments that make me think that they are thinking about this stuff too much.

Reality is that the ladies don't care, hiring authorities don't care, nobody cares as much as you do about hair loss.

My wife thought I was obsessive about hair loss, but after reading some stuff over my shoulder on the hair boards she thinks that some of you guys are over the top.

If you are super obsessed with your appearance, work out and become buff. Women notice that way more than hair. Keep messing with hair stuff like the rest of us, and hope for the best. You have to keep a sense of humor around this stuff. My wife laughed her butt off when my first hair product packet came from India, it was a box covered in fabric, that was hand-sewn shut. We laughed about it for a week.

Have fun!!!

Whose posts did your wife read? :lol:

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Heheh I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. :)

Of course the posts where folks talk about rubbing cider vinegar in their hair and using wands or derm rollers and other stuff like that is always interesting to read. :)

I've actively worked on my self-confidence, and made it better.