Why not apply (or swallow) SOD directly?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Bryan said:
Jacob linked to something which wasn't true SOD, but something that had SOD activity. Even Pearson & Shaw have mentioned in their Life Extension books that SOD (I'm talking about true SOD, now) is completely digested when swallowed, because it's just a protein. It would be digested, like any other protein.

Which is why the SOD..yes, SOD, is protected by bonding it to gliadin(in the case of GliSODin). This was explained to you YEARS ago :shakehead:

Sure, taking true SOD and then altering it chemically may help it survive the digestion process, but it's not really SOD at that point. In any event, if one wants to protect one's hair, I'd suggest using topicals that contain substances that have substances with SOD activity; examples are copper-peptides, and TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN. Those last ones are probably even more important than the copper-peptides.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:
Bryan said:
Jacob linked to something which wasn't true SOD, but something that had SOD activity. Even Pearson & Shaw have mentioned in their Life Extension books that SOD (I'm talking about true SOD, now) is completely digested when swallowed, because it's just a protein. It would be digested, like any other protein.

Which is why the SOD..yes, SOD, is protected by bonding it to gliadin(in the case of GliSODin). This was explained to you YEARS ago :shakehead:

Sure, taking true SOD and then altering it chemically may help it survive the digestion process, but it's not really SOD at that point. In any event, if one wants to protect one's hair, I'd suggest using topicals that contain substances that have substances with SOD activity; examples are copper-peptides, and TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN. Those last ones are probably even more important than the copper-peptides.

You're hilarious. Oh sure...now of course..if it's altered chemically(it's not)...it may help it survive. Before it was impossible! Durk and Sandy's (how old?) book said SOD would just be digested! GliSODin is SOD..it gets absorbed. There are some others out there as well..as pointed out in that thread.

There is no evidence that TEMPO/TEMOPL and PBN "are probably even more important than the copper-peptides". Quit shll'n spam'n the crap.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
You're hilarious. Oh sure...now of course..if it's altered chemically(it's not)...it may help it survive.

Did you even bother to read that link you provided in a previous post? It said that Glisodin is SOD bound to WHEAT PROTEIN! But NOOOO, that's not "chemically altered", is it?? ROTFLMAO!!

Jacob said:
There is no evidence that TEMPO/TEMOPL and PBN "are probably even more important than the copper-peptides". Quit shll'n spam'n the crap.

I strongly suggest that you leave that issue to someone who's used those substances for years, and not just shoot your mouth off about something you know nothing about.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:
You're hilarious. Oh sure...now of course..if it's altered chemically(it's not)...it may help it survive.

Did you even bother to read that link you provided in a previous post? It said that Glisodin is SOD bound to WHEAT PROTEIN! But NOOOO, that's not "chemically altered", is it?? ROTFLMAO!!

ROTFLMAO!! No, it isn't. Nor are the other SOD supplement examples I gave in the other link.

But don't forget, Durky and Sandy said!!(rotflmao)

Bryan said:
Jacob said:

I strongly suggest that you leave that issue to someone who's used those substances for years, and not just shoot your mouth off about something you know nothing about.

I strongly suggest no one leave that issue to someone who's used those substances for years, and also sells them..and makes outrageous claims with them, and has no evidence to back up the claims made on them.