Will I eventually go bald like my father?

David365

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am 16.5 years old and for some time now, I have been very concerned about my potential baldness. My father started balding at around 19 years old and became completely bald within a few years. Now, at 40, I don’t even remember what he looked like with hair. His brother also began balding at the age of 19, just like my father, despite having a different hair type and overall appearance. Similarly, his third brother also started losing hair early. Their father, my grandfather, began balding shortly after getting married. There is no history of baldness on their mother's side.

I am 16 years old and so far, I don’t see any signs of balding. I have a different hair type compared to my father (color and texture), but I still resemble him a lot. Interestingly, I even have a similar voice, walk the same way, and have the same dense body hair, which I believe does not favor retaining hair on the head. Overall, I am quite similar to him. However, I also have several traits from my mother, especially visible in my facial features like dark eyes and eyebrows. In her family, no one experienced baldness; her father had thick hair until the age of 60.

How might this situation unfold for me? I understand it’s impossible to predict with certainty and it’s somewhat like fortune-telling, but I would like to ask those who have experienced baldness about how it developed for them, and whom they inherited it from.

Best regards.

jazz1

Reaction score
You will ideally need the BIG3.

jazz1

Reaction score
Ketoconazole is useless it dont work. Just removes sebum and dry out your hair like mad gtfo.
Works for me and others, although I prefer to use Regenepure DR.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am 16.5 years old and for some time now, I have been very concerned about my potential baldness. My father started balding at around 19 years old and became completely bald within a few years. Now, at 40, I don’t even remember what he looked like with hair. His brother also began balding at the age of 19, just like my father, despite having a different hair type and overall appearance. Similarly, his third brother also started losing hair early. Their father, my grandfather, began balding shortly after getting married. There is no history of baldness on their mother's side.

I am 16 years old and so far, I don’t see any signs of balding. I have a different hair type compared to my father (color and texture), but I still resemble him a lot. Interestingly, I even have a similar voice, walk the same way, and have the same dense body hair, which I believe does not favor retaining hair on the head. Overall, I am quite similar to him. However, I also have several traits from my mother, especially visible in my facial features like dark eyes and eyebrows. In her family, no one experienced baldness; her father had thick hair until the age of 60.

How might this situation unfold for me? I understand it’s impossible to predict with certainty and it’s somewhat like fortune-telling, but I would like to ask those who have experienced baldness about how it developed for them, and whom they inherited it from.

Best regards

Mother's side not bald-you have a chance of not losing your hair as badly as your father. Iffy, but still a chance. My, father, and my mother's male relatives were bald to varying degrees, mostly severe. But my wife's father and other male relatives were not. Neither of my son's lost their hair, ages 36 & 40. The dice roll was a luck out for them.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look kid … forget about your relatives & concentrate on your-self. Start reading on all the solutions to hair loss.. & eventually you’ll find something that works for you..,
Everyone is different in how they react to different interventions.. I can tell you 99.9% of diet has little to do with hair growth or hairloss.. At least the modern diet.. Taking all your vitamins/minerals has the same effect—virtually nothing..
All the typical interventions the same…
I believe the scalp has become toxic from Calcification & then Inflammation & the hairs are slowly being strangled from proper blood/nutrient flow… More nutrients is not the answer.. More blood flow is not the answer.. The answer is to untoxify or decalcify the skin on the scalp where the hair follicles are.. Since we can’t see what’s really going on — the area is untreated & calcification, inflammation, toxicity grows/spreads..
I’ve learn this from trial & error..
Not to say there aren’t other factors.. but you can see for yourself all the posters complaining about lack of progress..
As far as the hormone route.. I’m not sure.. but I suspect it lessens or reverses calcification/inflammation etc..

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
Us? Who is us? There are plenty of ppl here that the meds dont work on.
The reason it didn’t work for you is because your a negative Individual who dislikes every post and complains. You try to provoke people with your comments and wind them up. No wonder why nothing works for you, bad Karma :).

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one can predict it. The best thing you can do is to keep tracking your hair through the years. If you see signs of recession and miniaturization you should start meds as fast as you can. Anyways if you bald too young the chances are that your hair is very sensitive to DHT and you will have a very hard time to stop it even with meds. I am on probably the most nuclear stack that not everyone would agree or use and even that regimen has failed me. You can have the best luck of your life and not lose your hair till an advanced age or you may start balding young, no one can tell you, only time will.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason it didn’t work for you is because your a negative Individual who dislikes every post and complains. You try to provoke people with your comments and wind them up. No wonder why nothing works for you, bad Karma :).
At least im not a salesman that spam medical wellness products f*****g chill. And your hairloss never looked like male pattern baldness even. Really weird hairloss rofl. Dr house says you had alopecia areata.

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
At least im not a salesman that spam medical wellfare products f*****g chill. And your hairloss never looked like male pattern baldness even. Really weird hairloss rofl.
I’m not a salesman, i only recommend what works and I pay for my products. You can think what you like, your perception of me is irrelevant :). Yea that’s because I believed in the treatments working, unlike you always complaining and winding up people on the forums.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Best regards.

No one can really predict it but having family history is a strong indicator. It’s possible you inherited the genes for baldness from your father’s side but the genes from your mother’s side may help “offset” that to some degree. It’s not a binary situation since so many genes are involved. Male pattern baldness also may not progress at a steady rate throughout life. Right now, you can’t do anything about it so just continue with your life and monitor your hair for changes once every 6 months or so.