Would say that parrt of hairloss/being bald is mentality?

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
i saw sex and city today. Charlotte and Jessica Parker were counting how many random man, walking in the street, they would sleep...
There came a bald and Carllote said "oh (with a disgusting face) not that guy, he's balding".

Later in the series, she marries a norwood 7 who shaves his head.

IBM

Reaction score
Avery said:
i saw sex and city today. Charlotte and Jessica Parker were counting how many random man, walking in the street, they would sleep...
There came a bald and Carllote said "oh (with a disgusting face) not that guy, he's balding".

And the people saying to each other "Charlote married a bald guy. What a loser". The authors made her a marriage with a bald man not to show that bald man are people but to make people laugh.

ali777

Reaction score
IBM said:
Womens in Sex and the city represent what young women are in big cities. So i'm not stupid.

I don't watch Sex and the City, I actually passionately hate it. Anyway, the woman that said the guy was balding actually gets cancer in one of the series and she has a chemo therapy. You know what chemo does to hair? What if a guy says to her that she has no hair and she's the most disgusting thing ever? Would that be nice?

The whole script is stupid. The whole point isn't that women are empowered, the whole point is that they seek male approval to feel good about themselves. They think they are princesses and they all deserve something better.

In my opinion the script writer went from a career woman to a hormonal partner seeking woman during her work and that reflects in the show. I don't know what happens at the end, but I believe apart from one, they are all married?

It's the same as us trying to get the best women into our beds. It's no different. Most of my friends were playful outgoing people in their youth, now they are all looking to settle down and start a family.

IBM, if you really believe what you see in Sex and the City, you need to get out a bit more and taste the real life. Besides, the characters in the show aren't so young. They were all 30 something initially, and now they are 40 something living with the fear that they might end up single for the rest of their lives. That's why they are male chasing b*tches in the show.

Once a collegue also said that she does not want bald man. She remarked that his boyfriend was thinning and she said to him that he must do something about it or the relation is over.

He might be better off with someone else. Or she needs to wake up and smell the coffee... That's why the Med countries have very low birth rate. The new generation are living in a dream....... Everyone is getting selfish and forgetting to start a family.

ali777

Reaction score
IBM said:
Avery said:

And the people saying to each other "Charlote married a bald guy. What a loser". The authors made her a marriage with a bald man not to show that bald man are people but to make people laugh.

That's you saying it....

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
Dario said:
IBM said:

For heaven sake are you stupid or what???
Do you have any brain at all...no really...I'm not joking?
It is my only possible conclusion after I saw this message...have you ever gone out, talked to the people...does your mommy love you?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Womens in Sex and the city represent what young women are in big cities. So i'm not stupid.

Once a collegue also said that she does not want bald man. She remarked that his boyfriend was thinning and she said to him that he must do something about it or the relation is over.

If these womens in that series are your reference of what woman should be...I don't know...I guess you like w****s, don't you?
I really cannot stand that show....mostly because it is trying to promote "free" womens, new age womens...womens without any responsibilities, children, family...which are strickly driven by theirs desires and money. Maybe some guys like that...but I don't.

Relationships are far more complex to be based just on physical appearance...for both men and women.
Especially women don't seek for that beauty as much as we do....some of them find it almost unimportant!

That's how things are here...maybe in US womens are really like Carry and co. :dunno:
If so...join the military or green peace...save the whales or something... :mrgreen:

s.a.f

Reaction score
I see a thread going way off course. :roll:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I can't understand why you find it so hard to believe that this kind of stuff really happens. News flash: people tend to notice this type of shyt. I'm sure the fact that I have low self esteem doesn't help the situation either and I am probably emiting a subconcious awkward vibe as a result. I also think the combination of my otherwise youthful looks and the extremely bald head creates a disturbing contrast and is very off putting in the minds of many people. I can tell by their facial expressions, some I can see trying to suppress their laughter. It definitely has negatively impacted my confidence and the way I deal with people. Also, there is a difference in the experience of being an NW2.5 seeing an NW6 and being the NW6. Even though you may not be satisfied with your hair, you have to admit that society holds a higher regard to NW2s than NW6s and don't see you as bald.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Speaking of which, I think I finally saw a true NW7 today and his skullet looked better kept than my long hair. :thumbdown2:

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
I see true NW7s all the time (and not just my father/rest of the family). It seems like Norway has a lot more male pattern baldness than wherever some of you guys live.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
barcafan said:
So what the f*** do we do? Are we supposed to accept defeat? does that make it easier or something
Barcafan, neither you or obsidian have anything to worry about. I mean you guys are talking like you're NW6s already when in fact you both still have full heads of hair and are nowhere near bald. I'm talking about bald guys here, as I'm sure nobody is gawking or laughing at you when you walk down the street. This kinda s*** happens to me all the time. Just the other day I was walking to the bus stop and this suv pulls up next to me and slows down. Some girl was driving and her boyfriend or whatever in the passenger seat sticks his head out and asks me where the nearest "Hair Club" is, then skidded off in an uproar of laughter. Not even five minutes later a different car passes by and someone yells at me out the window, "Get some hair!". I did nothing to solicit this kind of harassment other that just being bald and minding my own business. What I'm trying to say is that there are alot of insensitive assholes out there and the consistent build up of incidences like these have a tremendously negative impact on my self esteem. I don't know what to do about it other than cover it up and avoid any uncomfortable confrontations.

It sounds like the place you live is full of ignorant idiots because I have lived in 3 different countries (and two continents) and have never seen that degree of irrationality thrown towards bald people. And btw, one of those cities I used to live in was Miami, so it was a pretty damn superficial place.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Balding is more prevalent in the northern european countries, not so much near the equator like spain and mexico (where baldness is more alien to them). Some countries are more accepting of it than others Nathaniel, but then again were you traveling as an nw2 or an nw6?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I can't understand why you find it so hard to believe that this kind of stuff really happens. News flash: people tend to notice this type of shyt. I'm sure the fact that I have low self esteem doesn't help the situation either and I am probably emiting a subconcious awkward vibe as a result. I also think the combination of my otherwise youthful looks and the extremely bald head creates a disturbing contrast and is very off putting in the minds of many people. I can tell by their facial expressions, some I can see trying to suppress their laughter. It definitely has negatively impacted my confidence and the way I deal with people. Also, there is a difference in the experience of being an NW2.5 seeing an NW6 and being the NW6. Even though you may not be satisfied with your hair, you have to admit that society holds a higher regard to NW2s than NW6s and don't see you as bald.

I'm so happy that I don't live in the USA. For many reasons.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Maybe I wouldn't be so mental about my baldness if I lived in the U.K. or Norway or anywhere else that balding is more common and accepted. I would feel relieved for that. You wouldn't do that bad over here, GHG. But yes America has its problems.