Young and balding

Boondock

Reaction score
Re: JOE-91's Story - (18 And losing hair rapidly)

I agree with you on finasteride. Apart from the side-effects themselves, I never felt quite right on it, and the feeling never went away despite changing the dosage and giving it time. Taking a pill you can forget every day would be fine to me; instead, I was constantly reminded of the situation by how strange I felt. I couldn't see myself doing it for several years, and if you're not willing to make that commitment there really isn't much point in it.

hair transplant is essentially one aim that I'm playing with. Even if you progress to NW6 - and especially if you hold at 5 - with a good surgeon these days you can get reasonable coverage. Not enough to get a 14-year-old hairline, but enough to not be seen as 'bald' by most of the population.

They are expensive, but perhaps you can use that as motivation to get yourself a good career.

rotsen182

Reaction score

the side i hate most is brain fog now that i switched to 1.25mg finas is back again gonna try to cut the pill in 1/6 and see if it works better for me

LCDScreenforehead

Reaction score

mate go on finisteride and minoxidol they'v been guys in similar positions like yourself who managed to get a decent ammount back some even when back to NW1 give it a year and if all else fails just smile just remember things could be allot worse atleast u have 2 arms 2 legs and eyes to see with and ears to hear with, its not until we lose some1 really important and significant that we realise how much shitty time we spent worrying about something so insignificant
hay man dont let it ruin your time at uni, i was at sheffield uni 4 years ago and i was losing hair rapidly, it made me miss out on what uni life at sheffield ment, enjoy your time at gate crashers my friend and when the rough times roll booze up, chin up my man

Boondock

Reaction score

Nobody except you is going to notice this "bump" on your head. That's why nobody has mentioned it. I really don't think it's an issue.

I would shave, keep it shaved, learn from the experience, and live your life. It's a big deal at your age but it's not that big a deal. The problem right now is not the hair loss but your anxieties over how good or bad it looks. It honestly looks fine.

The only alternative you have is jumping on finasteride, worrying about the sides (which you seem to have experienced before), and perhaps not regaining that much hair anyway.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

i have a larger bump on the back of the head

it's not too uncommon to have one

i will make an observation

the thinning areas on your scalp
follows your cranial bone structure
where your skin/fat is the thinnest

barcafan

Reaction score

head looks fine brother, the bump really isnt bad at all

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

head looks good. strong neck too, you look athletic.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Tell me more about the red spot on your forehead. I have got very strange dry red stuff under my eye and nose that appeared after taking finasteride and has got only worse. Is it dry or is it like a pimple? Mine is something in-between, I think, but it's very ugly.
JOE-91 said:
I understand that there are people on propeciahelp and other websites that are probably talking sh*t about there side effects but I can firmly say that the side effects that I have identified are for real.
Believe me, they are not. Why should they waste their time there daily talking sh*t about their problems? These people are very seriously in trouble and nothing seems to get their systems back to normal.
I took finasteride for 9 days and am now infertile. I can't get any random and morning erections. I even have difficulties while having sex and I have no sex drive: I can go for weeks without masturbating, because it just doesn't give me the satisfaction anymore. And that's from 9 days of the pill. There are people who took just one or two pills and are struggling in the forum for years every day. I don't think they are bullshitting.
As I feel all the damage on my own body and mind, I think the ones shitting are the people on finasteride that tell they don't have ANY sides at all. I don't believe that's possible. They are probably just in denial. Or maybe I was just too young for finasteride and it only affects 18-year-olds this bad?

Fanjeera

Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
The spot is red, dry and has it's own little pimples, it's quite wierd. I'm going to ask my doctor to refer me to a Dermatologist, and hopefully I can discuss some of the other side effects too.
This is exactly what I have on my face and it's very depressingly ugly :(. It gets worse over time and first time I feel suicidal now after taking Propecia. I may accept being impotent and stuff like that, but I don't want to become ugly from the face. People have already asked questions at parties from me, if I have been beaten up or am allergic to something (even some swine flu related comments (Y)). That's the point where I just start drinking on my own and ignoring people.
Someone on propeciahelp.com who had the same problem even told the exact diagnosis to this symptom. That's f*****g sick.
You must tell me what the dermatologist said to you. Telling it's related to finasteride is no use, because the side effect isn't listed on the paper and they just won't believe you.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

They don't know what to say or do. We have talked about suing the company and stuff with the family, but that's just talk. It would be an endless fight and I wouldn't get my health back anyway. My mother just tells me to accept the problems and try to live on somehow. The doctor was baffled also for a long time, but in the last visit he was certain that I would get better with time, because he had read some articles and studies saying that everything would recover after 84 weeks of discontinuation.
It's very depressing and I have already kind of accepted the sexual side effects, but I don't want to give away my face to ultimate dryness and rash and wrinkles that it causes.
Does the rash also itch for you? Mine does sometimes. Has your scrotum skin changed or not? I had a very similar situation on my testicles too: dry red itchy rash. That was very scary. Atm it's tolerably under control.

Boondock

Reaction score

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that while most of the stories on propeciahelp are genuine, a lot of the people on there are stuck only because they keep obsessing about things.

The evidence for finasteride causing long-term problems is pretty thin, at best. The evidence for placebo-induced reactions, however, is very strong. People have thrown off illnesses, reduced cancer symptoms, healed knees requiring surgery and, indeed, regrown hair from placebo alone.

The reverse is also true. If you start to think your problems are permanent and irreversible, the chances of them becoming permanent and irreversible become higher.

I do believe your story Fanjeera, but I don't think you help yourself by your reaction to the situation. Our bodies are absolutely amazing, and can bounce back from these finasteride problems easily, if you give them time. You might think that propeciahelp is benefiting you but I would suggest it makes you worse.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

Damn that's a hairy dude!!

The shaved head definitely suits him though, he looks quite cool with it like that.

Is your body that hairy man? If so you gotta wax that shiz!

Boondock

Reaction score

I just got in from a trip into town, a few shops etc and the way people treat me differently because I shave my head is beginning to really upset me. One older woman was totally rude to me. Honestly, sometimes I wonder how I'm going to carry getting through this, I think about it 24/7. I try not to think about the worst things happening, but If I don't get back to my old self by next september when I give university another shot, things will get really bad.

Some people might think you're something you're not because of the skinhead look, but you should be able to defuse this by adjusting what you're doing in other areas. Dress smart, and you won't look like a thug. Smile, speak well, and be polite, and any remaining preconceptions will melt away. Those that don't treat you right even after that probably wouldn't have treated you right anyway.

You might find that you never quite get back to your old self, but doing that isn't really the point. You've got to move on, and if that means being someone different to who you were - so be it.

M

macimate

Does your mom's family have hair? just curious..

Obsidian

Reaction score

OllyHorn

Reaction score

Hi joe, ive just spent the last 30 minutes reading your story, it was quite cool as i got about 4 months worth in such a short amount of time, anyway.. i can help you.. i myself suffered from hairloss.. i know exactly how you feel.. how it can ruin your life.. i have a twin, hes bald, i have loads of hair.. (slight dig at him ¬_¬ ) if you have msn, pass on your address and i'll add you.. i think i have some pretty cool advice for you.

Attachments

• Gay.jpg
    Gay.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 214

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Maybe share your advice with all of the desperate of us?

Nene

Reaction score

I think someone has a crush :gay: