21 Years Of Finasteride/ Dutasteride ( Since 1998, Duta Since 2002).

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
In order to get FDA approval the safety profile of a drug is taken into account, a company cannot simply get approval for something if the FDA deems it to be unsafe.

And a drug being approved overseas does not guarantee it can be approved in the U.S.

They must have weighed the potential profits of dutasteride as dralex said, and since propecia did do relatively poorly they chose not to advance it since it would have been a competitor. i would guess they assumed it might command 15% of the Propecia market, and that is not enough for a large pharma company these days. Even small pharma would hesitate when you consider the costs and potential legal issues.

The last numbers I saw for propecia is $150 million per year now, 15% of that is only $22 million. That might not even cover a phase 3 trial, so I doubt it ever goes to phase 3. of coarse generics are out so it might be higher, but the generics today would also be competitors already. It seems dead on arrival now.

What do you mean poorly ? did you saw the numbers ? in 2008 , eleven years after their approve they sell 428 millons dollars of propecia ! They are still marketing and sell it ! a drug that wast on the market 21 years old . You seriously need to learn what profit is.

Why anybody will pass from propecia to avodart is they did the phase 3 ? well, it give the 2.5mg 40 % more hair than 5 mg of finasteride , see the graphic I posted . It have an extremly high life, meaning they can even lunch one pill per week treatment ! Dutasteride should destroid the Propecia, should take all their sales cause is far, far better than finasteride.

Whey they did not ? Check the lawsuit against Merck for propecia and you will understand.

They are selling a product to inhibit and hormone without the indication to even measure them !!!!! That is simple insane.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I strongly suggest you to read the relation with DHT and estrogens in a normal person and you will see why inhibiting one of them ( if the levels are ok ) it is insane for a male.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sides where not higher on the clinical trial phase 2 than finasteride.
What? Look at the studies from Japan sides were much higher than the studies done by Merck for finasteride. Sides were not released on the phase 2 trials by GSK for the USA.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response but thus question was more geared towards the OP.

Just a small correction to what u said tho...
They did develop into men. After puberty their sexual organs developed more and their masculine features came out. They did however lack some of the things dht brings to us (facial hair, robust body hair, hair loss, etc)
Oh really? Didn't know that. Thought their penis's never developed, and therefore couldn't reproduce. I know their muscular development was as a man though, as testosterone is responsible for muscular development.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What do you mean poorly ? did you saw the numbers ? in 2008 , eleven years after their approve they sell 428 millons dollars of propecia ! They are still marketing and sell it ! a drug that wast on the market 21 years old . You seriously need to learn what profit is.

Why anybody will pass from propecia to avodart is they did the phase 3 ? well, it give the 2.5mg 40 % more hair than 5 mg of finasteride , see the graphic I posted . It have an extremly high life, meaning they can even lunch one pill per week treatment ! Dutasteride should destroid the Propecia, should take all their sales cause is far, far better than finasteride.

Whey they did not ? Check the lawsuit against Merck for propecia and you will understand.

They are selling a product to inhibit and hormone without the indication to even measure them !!!!! That is simple insane.

If dutasteride was sold as a pill a week treatment profits would be far less. If they tried to give it a high price the generics would kill it.

It's dead on arrival.

The market was small back when propecia came out, it is much smaller now.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh really? Didn't know that. Thought their penis's never developed, and therefore couldn't reproduce. I know their muscular development was as a man though, as testosterone is responsible for muscular development.
DHT have no anabolic fuction since it is converter in the skeletal muscle by 3-alpha-hydroxysteroid . You can also build muscle with not much testosterone, in fact, I am really muscular and never cause me troubles on the gym, except for the aggression need it. But in Brain, DHT pass the
If dutasteride was sold as a pill a week treatment profits would be far less. If they tried to give it a high price the generics would kill it.

It's dead on arrival.

The market was small back when propecia came out, it is much smaller now.

Do you understand we was talking about 2002 ? not 2017 ? there was not generic at that time.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really do
What is this link lol
I posted links showing that each time, after long treatment, finasteride decrease testosterone even studies double blind placebo show it.
Show you studies where Finasteride reduce neurohormones by 350 % ! and you keep ignoring them.
Really, I will not wast my time with you. Bye forever.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT pass the blood brain barrier .
"5alpha-reductase is a critical enzyme in the conversion of several steroids such as testosterone, progesterone, aldosterone and corticosterone in the brain. This enzyme converts testosterone to the most natural potent androgen DHT, and also it acts an important role in conversion of progesterone to dihhydroprogesterone (DHP). DHP is further converted to allopregnanolone (5alpha, 3alpha-tetrahydroprogesterone) by 3alpha-HSD [9,21]. Allopregnanolone is a modulator of gamma amino butyric acid type A receptor (GABA-A), and increases chloride conductance. This neurosteroid has been found to exert anti-convulsant, anesthetic and anxiolytic effects [22-24]. Moreover, change in the levels of allopregnanolone is found to be associated with depressive disorders. [25,26] "
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1622749/

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really do

I posted links showing that each time, after long treatment, finasteride decrease testosterone even studies double blind placebo show it.
Show you studies where Finasteride reduce neurohormones by 350 % ! and you keep ignoring them.
Really, I will not wast my time with you. Bye forever.
Wtf are you on about? I never said finasteride didn't cause side effects in some people lol.....And you linked some random thing from this site. Was not the Phase II results. Pretty sure GSK never released those.

I never said finasteride can't have bad side effects. I saw your studies you posted. Interesting stuff, drug isn't completely safe clearly. Weigh the pros and cons.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worst part is that this is my post about MY personal experience and all my hormone levels are exactly on how the studies on males on long using finasteride and that check their hormone balance are. High estradiol, low testosternone, very low progesterone, etc.
Keep using finasteride for 21 years, then we speak.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worst part is that this is my post about MY personal experience and all my hormone levels are exactly on how the studies on males on long using finasteride and that check their hormone balance are. High estradiol, low testosternone, very low progesterone, etc.
Keep using finasteride for 21 years, then we speak.
Hopefully won't have to do that, but will see. Finasteride isn't even stopping my hair loss so doubt I will stay on it much longer anyway. Wish you the best of luck man. PFS isn't something I could wish upon anyone, neither is hair loss.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can U plz post pics of ur hair as it is now? I know you've had hair transplants but I would like to see what a user 21+ year user of meds looks like hair wise.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you reduce something by 350% ?
If you reduce something by 100%, it doesn't exist anymore. Maybe I am missing something.
idk but smth like a mathematic to do so let me explain = you're nw2 and then -100% you're nw1 so nw2-350% = -nw1.5 i am right?
so he means neurohormones are reduced by over 250% below sea level and i dont have idea what i am talking about