24M, significant diffuse thinning and receding hairline - is this salvageable?

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on the best frequency to microneedle? I've been doing once weekly but my scalp seems to be completely healed after 1.5-2 days? Would twice a week be better?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on the best frequency to microneedle? I've been doing once weekly but my scalp seems to be completely healed after 1.5-2 days? Would twice a week be better?
Aim to wound every week or every 10 days. Don’t overdo it.

You can also do daily needling at a smaller length. I’ve heard good results with 0.6mm. You don’t need to wound here. But I’ve heard it’s good for topical absorption and I’ve seen good results from it

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay thanks. Should I also be applying min to my temples? They've not really thinned but I think receded

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay thanks. Should I also be applying min to my temples? They've not really thinned but I think receded
Anywhere you think is actively losing hair. Diffuse thinners for example apply it all over their scalp

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your answer is right in this PDF

1613319898162.png

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am giving the Olivia Newton John answer about DR. Listen to your body talk. It seems hard to fine a means of DR that doesn't work. I went up to 2.0mm and it hurts less not more than they lower gauges. Tomorrow, I start with 2.5mm which is probably as high as we should go currently since all of the studies are at 2.5mm or less.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol shut up

2.5mm or go home boyo
I read the study and it is written in what might be called technical international English which often uses the incorrect "synonyms". Has this product been released to market? Is it merely something like Min to be used with DR. They mention the plucked hair studies but it is not very evident why. Anyway, DR, from 0.25 to 2.5mm, all seems to work and I see little evidence that it can be done too much.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read the study and it is written in what might be called technical international English which often uses the incorrect "synonyms". Has this product been released to market? Is it merely something like Min to be used with DR. They mention the plucked hair studies but it is not very evident why. Anyway, DR, from 0.25 to 2.5mm, all seems to work and I see little evidence that it can be done too much.

I'm not sure what you mean by done too much?

Are you referring to how many times you can microneedle?

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah the thing is there isn't many variations of studies done on different levels of micro needling.

But speaking from personal experience when I amped it up to 2.5mm I noticed significant growth speed on hairline.

Again, my personal experience and a few others.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah the thing is there isn't many variations of studies done on different levels of micro needling.

But speaking from personal experience when I amped it up to 2.5mm I noticed significant growth speed on hairline.

Again, my personal experience and a few others.
Yes. I have been seeing great hairline growth but I have oral minoxidil and estrogen as treatments as well. I know that DR works because it removes scar tissue like a dream leaving new follicles to be issued by the body.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I have been seeing great hairline growth but I have oral minoxidil and estrogen as treatments as well. I know that DR works because it removes scar tissue like a dream leaving new follicles to be issued by the body.

you're prob going to make a full recovery based on all the stuff youre running anyways.

are you thinking of that bica too?

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
14th February pictures. I've not cut it since the first post so that may make results harder to notice. I've personally not noticed any huge changes but the top down view is looking better. I know its still early days to be seeing any results though.

Attachments

• 20210214_215618.jpg
    20210214_215618.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 441
  • 20210214_215841.jpg
    20210214_215841.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 438

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
post dermapen today- in the zoomed in pic of my right temple, are those new hairs coming through or am I just seeing what I want to see? Haha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-154220_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-154220_Gallery.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 450
  • 20210216_121649.jpg
    20210216_121649.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 450

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
post dermapen today- in the zoomed in pic of my right temple, are those new hairs coming through or am I just seeing what I want to see? Haha
It's a fine line about obsessing over this. You want to verify that your path is correct but many times, regrowth will sneak up on you just like baldness did. It's not necessarily linear in terms of growth. Regardless DR or derma-penning is great for skin and scarring in general and there can be cross-talk among follicles and the bio-feedback system. Regardless of hair, I expect to DR for life for my face, neck, hands, soles of my feet and scalp as it melts away scar tissue, cross-linked tissue, freckles, aging from the sun, etc. It is the beauty discovery, along with tretinoin of the century.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a fine line about obsessing over this. You want to verify that your path is correct but many times, regrowth will sneak up on you just like baldness did. It's not necessarily linear in terms of growth. Regardless DR or derma-penning is great for skin and scarring in general and there can be cross-talk among follicles and the bio-feedback system. Regardless of hair, I expect to DR for life for my face, neck, hands, soles of my feet and scalp as it melts away scar tissue, cross-linked tissue, freckles, aging from the sun, etc. It is the beauty discovery, along with tretinoin of the century.
you're very knowledgeable, thank you =]