24M, significant diffuse thinning and receding hairline - is this salvageable?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
when it is longer i suspect the liquid may not be as effective - shall i switch to foam? @whatintheworld

I use both foam and liquid actually, foam in the evening and liquid during the day. I warm the foam can under running water and it comes out more runny, which makes it easier to apply.

In fact, the liquid is easier to apply with long hair because you can apply it in between spots when you part your hair.

If you use the foam as is, like room temperature or cooler, it will be very difficult to apply. It will stick to your hair and leave a mess.

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking away min takes away the follicle stimulation it provides. If it's part of an intense regimen that already regrows hair then coming off won't take away all gains, but a lot - all min does is juice up your hair follicles while you're on it.
yeah il come off it soon enough

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
still having sides albeit less frequently with one pill every two days :/

gonna try 3x a week and see if that improves it and stop goin at it like a rabbit but my libido has gone up lmao

libido went up, sensitivity/random boners/ejaculate volume went down/ hair gains went up.

finasteride lasts about a month in the system so it may get better as the time where i was taking it daily is still within the period of a month + taking it 3x a week may settle things. it definitely improved since changing from 1x daily to 1x every 2 days.

Last edited:

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3rd month update. Attempting to grow it longer now. I was never able to grow it this long on top before as the contrast between the top and sides was just too much and it looked terrible. Now, it actually matches the sides almost...The scalp is still looking a bit thin in brighter lighting but if we compare to what I started with, it's not even close haha. Needled yesterday hence the erythema.
20210323_225609.jpg
20210324_130328.jpg
20210324_131654.jpg
20210324_131713.jpg
20210324_131739.jpg
20210324_131755.jpg

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Norwoody did you have any ideas on what i commented on saturday about sides from finasteride? legit might have to quit it if these sides continue... but i've only been taking it 3x a week for like a week now, if that. I suppose I should give it more time on the 3x a week regime?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Norwoody did you have any ideas on what i commented on saturday about sides from finasteride? legit might have to quit it if these sides continue... but i've only been taking it 3x a week for like a week now, if that. I suppose I should give it more time on the 3x a week regime?
Yeah give it at least a month on 3x a week and see if things change for the better. Or you could try something like 0.5mg a day, skip weekends, etc.

If sides still don't subside in a couple months, perhaps you could try it topically since it is definitely working well for you.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah give it at least a month on 3x a week and see if things change for the better. Or you could try something like 0.5mg a day, skip weekends, etc.

If sides still don't subside in a couple months, perhaps you could try it topically since it is definitely working well for you.
am i likely to start regaining more density on the scalp? i know ive had good results but the scalp is still a bit thin

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
am i likely to start regaining more density on the scalp? i know ive had good results but the scalp is still a bit thin
I think it's possible, especially because you've seen results so early. Most people don't see "peak" finasteride results until around the 1 year mark or so.

welshman123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is there a UK website you can recommend? https://www.getfreshman.com/our-treatments/topical-finasteride/ seems to be decent, but is this a 1x daily or 2x daily thing? i've ordered this one, first month was £22 so we'll see how that goes. I'll start full topicals in 3 weeks after i've given 3x a week 1mg a proper go if sides don't improve.

does the topical finasteride lower serum DHT less? are sides consistently reported less? can you give me some details/anecdotes on what you've observed?

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
is there a UK website you can recommend? https://www.getfreshman.com/our-treatments/topical-finasteride/ seems to be decent, but is this a 1x daily or 2x daily thing? i've ordered this one, first month was £22 so we'll see how that goes. I'll start full topicals in 3 weeks after i've given 3x a week 1mg a proper go if sides don't improve.

does the topical finasteride lower serum DHT less? are sides consistently reported less? can you give me some details/anecdotes on what you've observed?
I honestly don’t know much about it since I have not used it. There are definitely others on the forum who have. But it would be used once a day.