32yo Male Receeding Hairline And Thinning, Starting Natural Experiment

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE 9/2/2017 - Ok, So ive completely revamped what im doing - I guess you can no longer call this a Natural experiment lol. So I dont really give a dam if anyone wants to go on about how natural things will not regrow hair. If your that petty about someone trying something natural to see if it works you can kiss my ***. Not everyone wants to jump on the big 3.

To date my observations....
My previous experiment I would call a success for holding my hair, but im not getting any regrowth. I realise its early days but after all my research ive decided to be a bit more aggressive, but im really not prepared to add finasteride, dutasteride, or minoxidil under any circumstances. I am hoping that I can hold until something like Histogens treatment will end up available in the next few years (fingers crossed lol)

From my experience a few things ill say first...
Nixon System 2 - biggest load of sh*t ive ever tried, didnt slow anything, made my hair look dry and crappy aswell
Nizoral - Causes MASSIVE shedding for me the days after I use it. So I stopped.
Pumpkin Seed Oil (PSO) - I do believe this does lower internal DHT because I have had a drop in libido at points with this depending on my dosage
Stemox - I used Redkin brand as it is the cheapest and I can order from Australia and at present their dollar is lower than ours so it works out pretty good price. It appears this does seem to slow shedding for me. However I did mix L Cartinine in with it at 3% solution.
Blackstrap Mollasses
- I take this due to it its iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium and copper content. I know this wont stop hairloss but it has litterally darkened my hair about 3 shades and has also reversed some grey hairs (I dont have many to start with but thought it was worth noting), I thought I was imagining the darkening of hair but was confirmed at my last haircut when my hairdresser commented on how dark my hair had gotten. Its quite a big difference.
Castor Oil - (internal) I fill my own caps, I have noticed increase in bodyhair growth. I dont have alot of body hair to begin with so this was quite noticeable.
SIDE NOTE: Due to insomnia problems I got a prescription for sleeping pills. I started taking Zopiclone - big mistake - the day after taking a pill I would shed a massive amount of hair in the shower. So I stopped.

Theres alot more observations with things ive tried but thats all I can think of at the moment.

So.... My new routine is....

------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICALS

MORNING

I wash my hair EVERYDAY in the morning. I use a sulphite and paraben free shampoo.
• Stemox - Im using 2ml daily with 50mg of RU (making it 2.5%), 3% L cartinine
I may increase the amount of RU depending on results, however my hairloss is not aggressive so hopefully I wont need to.

BEFORE BED
• A mixture ive made up which includes
- 96.2% Food Grade Ethyl Alcohol (for penetration)
- Castor Oil (for PGE2)
- PSO (for DHT)
- Emu Oil (help with inflamation)
- Rosemary Oil (for PGE2)
I have a bottle of DMSO which I was considering using but ive decided not to add it so i guess it will gather dust in the pantry lol

EOD
Miconizole 2% temples only
• Tretinoin/Retin A .05% (Prescription) I use this for anti aging to be honest but I do my temple area with it too.

FORTNIGHTLY
Microneedling, temples only. I brought an actual dermapen for this rather than a roller.
• LiCi after needling. 10mg per temple.
It f*%king hurts so I brought a 500gm container of 15% Lidocaine for very cheap off DHGATE.

DIET

Still sticking with the whole diet thing that I previously mentioned, but appart from that....

DAILY
Pumpkin Seed oil - I put this in a smoothie which I have every morning. I actually use everything thats in the following video for the reason it includes most nutrients that people are generally deficient in....But I also add a few other things to it which I wont mention.
Recipie and explaination for those who want to know...

• Sulforaphane (I get this from Broccolli Sprouts) but I use the heating method to increase the availability by about 3.5x
I take this not only for hairloss. Just because its very powerful stuff and is anti cancer.
For those interested video about Sulforaphane below - I suggest watching the whole thing but skip to around the 25min+ mark to see about the hairloss part and its effect on DHT:

For increasing bioavailability:

And no, im not trying to push that ladies channel lol. She just has alot of good stuff and was the best reference to things I could find to post here.

Something that may have no relevance to hairloss - But I figured it may help since it increases collagen production: Aloevera Gel. I eat 2gm daily. I get this directly from the plant rather than a supplement. I brought a few large plants so I have a supply for about a year!
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2883372/

Thats what im sticking to now so I will see how it goes and post pics if I get some success with regrowth.

The only difficulty im facing now is that my hair is about 4inches long so its a bit harder to apply without getting all the crap through my hair. If it becomes annoying I may cut it short again.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, good luck bro!! The only thing I will say is that male pattern baldness is proven to be caused by androgens. How are you expecting to regrow hair or halt hair loss when your regimen doesn't take this into consideration? It's not an attack, but a legitimate question.

When my drywall is stained from a leaky roof, I don't immediately put new drywall up and assume that the problem is fixed. I fix the roof.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buckthorn... Its still a bit of a work in progress... Still constantly researching on things so my approach may change a bit as I will update as I go along. I have to say ive lived a pretty crappy lifestyle over the last while so by adjusting diet it im hoping it will will help balance my hormones a bit. This is all pretty new to me. I have no idea if this will work but I thought it may be worth a try! Thanks for your comment, I have will have to look more into it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with red meat, keep eating red meat but eliminate the varieties with extra antibiotics, hormones, corn-fed, etc.

You can also go bald without eating modern processed food, here is a bust of Emperor Vespasian, it's approximately 1,950 years old:
Vespasianus01_pushkin_edit.png

jtomo21

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm very new to all this but like you I've been focusing on a natural approach, and what buckthorn said is true, you need to tackle the fact that its produced by androgens. The way I'm just starting to tackle this is with alkalizing. From my research, i may be wrong, but DHT is formed by 5 alpha reductase. which is in the form of type 1 and type 2 5 alpha reductase, type 2 is responsible for male pattern baldness but it also has an optimal pH of roughly 5-7 in humans, beyond this it slows and even stops converting testosterone to DHT. I honestly haven't come across anything or anyone that has alkalized along with keeping iron, B12, vitamin D and protein intake up as well so I'm not sure if that's a bad or good sign but I'm going to give it a go.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Buckthorn... Its still a bit of a work in progress... Still constantly researching on things so my approach may change a bit as I will update as I go along. I have to say ive lived a pretty crappy lifestyle over the last while so by adjusting diet it im hoping it will will help balance my hormones a bit. This is all pretty new to me. I have no idea if this will work but I thought it may be worth a try! Thanks for your comment, I have will have to look more into it.

Dude, people lead crappy lifestyles and have full heads of hair

jtomo21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, people lead crappy lifestyles and have full heads of hair
yeah obviously, but they're hair follicles aren't sensitive or as sensitive as people how suffer from male pattern baldness. Amount of DHT or diet or pH state of the body doesn't determine baldness if it is genetic. All i'm saying is that for someone who suffers from male pattern baldness the main aim is to decrease DHT in the system and alkalizing could result in that.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool. Keep updating.
I am also trying not to be a slave to big-pharma. I 'd rather try do something different than rub in and ingest pharmaceutical chemicals for the rest of my life. That can't be doing the body any good.
But who knows. If I get desperate, I might fold.
Right now, Im not doing too much. Laser helmet, some supplements, massage,violet ray, quality shampoos,derma rolling and I've got some snake oil on the way :)

I really don't want to go the prescribed anti-androgen route.Even though that is the only "proven" way so far. Although, it's not guaranteed and could make things worse hair wise and wang wise.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In reply to the people saying about reducing DHT - apparently PSO does that - that is why I am taking it, also certain foods can help reduce the conversion of it so I am incorporating into my diet. There was a study done - I will find link at some point (although anyone can google it)
In the particular study they were given a supplement which the main make up was PSO. Most over the period of 6 months had increased hair growth and alot of new growth. There are even about 8 before and after pics - which I checked with google image search to see they hadnt pulled off a hair transplant site like most scam sites do. But they were legit.
Also there are reasons for the other supplements - such as BS Mollasses - simply taking that due to the high amount of nutrients that I could be potentially deficient in, such as iron - 2 tsp alone has 15% of your RDI of it.
Biotin is supposed to speed up hair growth and apparantly is converted to kerotin in the body.
And I also realise that healthy people with good lifestyles still lose hair. But like I said I wanted to try something different so thats what im doing. Of course this may all be in vain and may not work at all but its worth a try. If it doesnt work it doesnt work.
But I think its worth a try. If this all fails then I will just accept that I will lose hair, its not the end of the world for me but I would prefer to keep it if possible without using unnatural products. Like I said this is an experiment and I realise people are going to chime in and say this wont work. But everyone is different.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to know of two real people who stop male pattern baldness with pumpkin seed oil.

For all we know those studies are doctored manufacturers' studies.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to know of two real people who stop male pattern baldness with pumpkin seed oil.

For all we know those studies are doctored manufacturers' studies.

Yes so would I - if it works for me I will report it, thats the point in this experiment lol
Theres too many people out there saying it does work and I dont know what to believe so the only way to confirm or debunk it is try it myself

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes so would I - if it works for me I will report it, thats the point in this experiment lol
Theres too many people out there saying it does work and I dont know what to believe so the only way to confirm or debunk it is try it myself

Lots of articles, studies, youtube videos, etc saying it works but I'd like to see personal testimonials as well.

Perhaps even a mechanism for PSO.

Pumpkin seed oil used locally in Eritrea was found to be rich in oil (approximately 35%), protein (38%), alpha-tocoferols (3mg/100 g) and carbohydrate content (approximately 37%). The four dominant fatty acids found were: palmitic C16:0 (13.3%), stearic C18:0 (8.0%), oleic C18:1 (29.0%) and linoleic C18:2 (47.0%).
http://www.pumpkinseed.net.au/oilanalysis
Sure that might help, why not.

I might just start including pumpkin seeds in my diet myself.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool. Keep updating.
I am also trying not to be a slave to big-pharma. I 'd rather try do something different than rub in and ingest pharmaceutical chemicals for the rest of my life. That can't be doing the body any good.
But who knows. If I get desperate, I might fold.
Right now, Im not doing too much. Laser helmet, some supplements, massage,violet ray, quality shampoos,derma rolling and I've got some snake oil on the way :)

I really don't want to go the prescribed anti-androgen route.Even though that is the only "proven" way so far. Although, it's not guaranteed and could make things worse hair wise and wang wise.

Have you had much luck with what you are doing? I did look into the laser helmet/other similar options but I thought its sounded a bit too good to be true and didnt actually find any real evidence that it works at all. Would be interested to know if its worked for you.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you had much luck with what you are doing? I did look into the laser helmet/other similar options but I thought its sounded a bit too good to be true and didnt actually find any real evidence that it works at all. Would be interested to know if its worked for you.

The helmet has made a difference...I think. It hasn't grown any hair that I know of, but Im thinking it has helped me hold onto what I have. I still have a lot of coverage after using the helmet for the past 3 years or so. I am experiencing some shedding as of lately though.

The laser helmet I have, has around 250 laser diodes. That's quite a bit of light energy penetrating and stimulating the scalp. That's all the laser helmet is really about. Stimulation. Which can't hurt.
The laser combs on the other hand are a joke. They only have around 9 diodes and you're constantly moving it. So it's not focusing on one particular area, whereas the helmet is blasting the whole scalp with a sh*t load of red light.
Studies have been done on 650 nanometer wave length red light for hair health and also to help injury recovery.
There's lot's of info out there to look up. Although I'm not solely relying on this helmet and the science behind it. But if there is extra blood flow to the scalp, that's all for the better.

As for an oil topical, I should be receiving this in a couple of days. I , in no way work for this company. I just stumbled across it while searching. So mods, please remove if this is breaking any rules.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KEG85DE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is a topical Saw palmetto, pumpkin seed oil type of snake oil. For someone who want to steer clear of pharmaceutical junk, this is worth a go.
You apply it before going to bed.

Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
not sure how it will help for hairloss

maybe this "natural" ways will improve your skin quality in general so you will look better slick bald cueball

balding is a "natural" process as well, bro

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with red meat, keep eating red meat but eliminate the varieties with extra antibiotics, hormones, corn-fed, etc.

You can also go bald without eating modern processed food, here is a bust of Emperor Vespasian, it's approximately 1,950 years old:
Vespasianus01_pushkin_edit.png

Do you know the legend behind this bust? They say he was originally smiling, but his expression changed when a slybald guy tourist told him "Shave it off bro be confident".

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's your hair. And I mentioned Minoxidil as well, which won't effect your sex drive.
Are you saying that about Finasteride?

As I said, it's your hair, not mine. It's your business, not mine.

Minoxidil also has side effects, its widely documented. While it may not effect everyone I am not willing to take that risk, plus its also documented that once you stop using it then you lose what you gain and probably more hair at the same time. And like I also said, if this doesnt work and I lose my hair, I dont care. Ive come to accept it and its not the end of the world. However if I can try to stop it naturally then its a bonus.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil has side effects. Definitely if you're noob with minoxidil rubbing you can experience a dark cirles or unwanted facial hairs. Like i did for some time. Just wash your hands correctly and wait till it dries before sleep.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil has side effects. Definitely if you're noob with minoxidil rubbing you can experience a dark cirles or unwanted facial hairs. Like i did for some time. Just wash your hands correctly and wait till it dries before sleep.
Everyone reacts to things differently though, and there have been alot of strange reports from people using it. At the moment im not really worried about my hairline as its not really bad. And at the moment im growing my hair so it doesnt matter too much anyway. But its more the the volume of the top of my head. I have no bald spots or anything but its way thinner than it used to be. So maybe as a last resort I may try it im doing this for 6 months to see what happens.