32yo Male Receeding Hairline And Thinning, Starting Natural Experiment

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow. A whole lot of negativity around these parts eh Dazz.

Maybe the name of this site should be changed to Finasteride talk. I'm thinking all methods should be looked into. Scientifically proven or not. Everyone will respond differently. Something natural might work for one person but not the next. Keep going.
Yea but I expect it though. But if people are going to bother chiming in then they cant expect me not to reply as all they are doing is filling the thread with unnessary crap lol.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what kind of reaction you expected by posting. Most people on here take male pattern baldness very, very seriously, so when someone comes on posting about a regimen reliant on natural remedies that have little to no convincing evidence at this point instead of treatments that are proven to work for most people, of course it's going to russell up some jimmies.

Honestly, if this works out I'll be super happy for you. It would be a huge break through for male pattern baldness, but understand that the people trying to discourage you from this are actually trying to point you in what they believe is the right direction
Yeah but heres the thing...
I have never posted anything on hairloss before, I picked this site due to it being a more popular one so it this could remain somewhere that people could find it in future.
I also take it seriously. But it doesnt rule my life. But, once ive done this experiement for the duration I planned (6 months) then I will never be seen on another hairloss site as I will move on with my life.
What I dont understand...These sort of sites are here to put out information to people. They are supposed to be informative and supporting to people. But in reality you get people bickering and repeating themselves instead of actually concentrating on what we are all trying to achieve... a way to stop or reverse male pattern baldness. Or documenting things, trying new things. Yes theres still lots of awesome people posting that sorta thing but theres too many closed minded people who just want to critized someone for trying something new, who infact is documenting it for other people.
Im not asking anyone to read this. So those people who want to use their pharma products then fine, thats good for you. I choose not to. And im trying to provide any evidence in the best way possible by getting regular close ups so new growth could clearly be shown.

So yeah, I do expect that, I just cant be bothered with it. Not into trolling.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
But that will be the last pointless comment I'll reply to. Im pretty sure ive explained what the point of this is enough.

And this will be the last 'natural' thread where I try telling people that flat out, what they're doing is not going to work.
I've been on ImmortalHair for 4 years. I followed Ray Peat to the letter for 2 years. Did all the diets, took all the supplements.
Do you know how much sh*t they peddled on IH (and still do)? Every week there was the hottest new natural supplement which stopped more DHT than Finasteride and regrew hair in 5 mice specially extracted from some rare plant or tree bark and everyone was buying it.
Then it was any of the number of ridiculous 'manual' methods where people spent 30 minutes a day hanging upside down from ceilings and rubbing their head with boar brushes, or the famed 'detumescence therapy'.
Countless threads about sh*t that doesn't matter, it's my gut, it's the fungus, it's bacteria, it's vitamin D, put some iodine on your head. And time goes on and you spend all this money checking obsessively in the mirror and it just gets worse and worse. One day you wake up being almost NW3 and realise that no one ever posted a single picture with significant results and you end up on HairLossTalk.
Desperate, you start Finasteride, antiandrogens and Minoxidil and you start seeing improvement. At that point you realise you were a moron.

But hey, I get it. You're 32. Your attitude towards hair loss is clearly not that serious since you are open to the possibility of losing all your hair. Fine. Some of us here started losing young and we really couldn't afford to f*** around for too long and will do whatever to save it. Hence the realism. I'm 24 and have been losing my hair for 5 years and the kind of things I have to do to keep it would be too much for most people. That's why I feel the need to respond to threads like these. Since you've already set your mind on what you want to do I won't post in your thread anymore, but I had to explain my position so you don't think that I'm just 'some moron who can't read'.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And this will be the last 'natural' thread where I try telling people that flat out, what they're doing is not going to work.
I've been on ImmortalHair for 4 years. I followed Ray Peat to the letter for 2 years. Did all the diets, took all the supplements.
Do you know how much sh*t they peddled on IH (and still do)? Every week there was the hottest new natural supplement which stopped more DHT than Finasteride and regrew hair in 5 mice specially extracted from some rare plant or tree bark and everyone was buying it.
Then it was any of the number of ridiculous 'manual' methods where people spent 30 minutes a day hanging upside down from ceilings and rubbing their head with boar brushes, or the famed 'detumescence therapy'.
Countless threads about sh*t that doesn't matter, it's my gut, it's the fungus, it's bacteria, it's vitamin D, put some iodine on your head. And time goes on and you spend all this money checking obsessively in the mirror and it just gets worse and worse. One day you wake up being almost NW3 and realise that no one ever posted a single picture with significant results and you end up on HairLossTalk.
Desperate, you start Finasteride, antiandrogens and Minoxidil and you start seeing improvement. At that point you realise you were a moron.

But hey, I get it. You're 32. Your attitude towards hair loss is clearly not that serious since you are open to the possibility of losing all your hair. Fine. Some of us here started losing young and we really couldn't afford to f*** around for too long and will do whatever to save it. Hence the realism. I'm 24 and have been losing my hair for 5 years and the kind of things I have to do to keep it would be too much for most people. That's why I feel the need to respond to threads like these. Since you've already set your mind on what you want to do I won't post in your thread anymore, but I had to explain my position so you don't think that I'm just 'some moron who can't read'.

And I do hear what you are saying, its quite obvious that if you are in later stages of male pattern baldness then this thread probably isnt for you as everyone knows that taking some supplements and changing your diet is not going to regrow your hair at that point. And some people are more genetically prone to it at different ages etc. And theres only a couple of proven things that are scienfically proven to reverse or stop it, im not denying that.
This is simply aimed at people that are in a similar situation - in which there always will be, the internets a big place lol. This is why I gave a decent description at the start of this. I would be happy if I could just keep my current hair as I am onto this reasonably early. And even better if it does something, PSO for one has had a study done and some people did have good results, other people have had good results from diet. Im incorporating everything and documenting how it goes for me aimed at people like me, who find it interesting and who are also trying natural alternatives.
And I do not see this as wasting my time. All I have to do is buy 2 extra things that I dont normally buy and take an extra 10 minutes out of my day for other various things for 6 months. The diet ill continue for a long time as once you start a routine its pretty easy to stick to it. So realistically its no effort.
So good luck to other people doing their proven methods or whatever, just not for me. Im trying mine.
At the end of the day all the fuss is over 1 thing. People care too much about what other people think of them. If you were living alone on a desert island where noone would see you then hairloss wouldnt be an issue for anyone.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But that will be the end of posting for me for now, enough info is posted and now all thats needed is results. I will post hairline photos over the weekend at some point as a base point so it can be seen better and then ill only be updating once a month with new photos up close etc to monitor if any new growth.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Theres a big argument for a healthy lifestyle actually increasing hairloss.Lol

If you have male pattern baldness its genetics and a bodily process. So if you have the body as healthy as it can be firing on all cyclinders likely hood is this experiment will mean more hair loss.

But good luck

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
That's so true. I think because they're alchoholics.

It must have something to do with the side effects of booze or drugs (for some of them). It's as if their
hormones shut down for some reason.
Maybe the toxicity of all the drugs and alcohol kills the DHT or maybe raises the estrogen levels in them just enough to help they keep their hair.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the toxicity of all the drugs and alcohol kills the DHT or maybe raises the estrogen levels in them just enough to help they keep their hair.
This could explain why great songwriter Nick Cave (who recently underwent a tragic experience related to his family, poor fellow) had all of his hair when he was a heroin addict and started thinning when he changed lifestyle...
Well that would be a bit ironic wouldn't it?

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything is nature my thinning amigos saying there isnt a natural remedy is just flat out wrong its just we will never see a study to prove it because studys are done on drugs that make cash. Most likely an extreme diet would need to take place to have any effect on hair and that still may not maintain. Im sure somewhere theres two plants we can crush together and have a nice remedy or maintenance regimen but thats just not the case right now. Still i wish you good luck ill be following this thread. im also curious how pumkin seed oil will factor into this as studies show some varying results.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so im just doing a short update on this, as I will only really be updating with photos on a monthly/2 monthly basis - but realisitcally if im to get any results from this then I would expect it would take at least few months. Only thing I can report so far is that I dont seem to be losing much hair like I was, and my hair is in way better condition. I have had no side effects from the PSO.
But I have changed things slightly - I decided to scrap mixing PSO with coconut oil, for a few reasons - Coconut Oil has a comedogenic rating of 4 (on a 0 - 5 scale 5 being the highest) So therefore its pretty prone to clog pores. If its clogging pores then it definitely wont do my scalp any favours, and ive read alot of stuff about people mentioning it made their hair shed. So im just using PSO (Comedogenic rating of 2) on the scalp (aswell as talking orally)
But, I decided I would add something. I have prescription Tretinoin .05%. I got it ages ago as it has a big effect on aging and reduces lines and firms skin and promotes collegen production etc. But I stopped using it as it does make you very sensitive to the sun, and it was summer when I was using it so I stopped. And its very cheap, only $5NZD for a 50gm tube (with prescription).
I was reading a couple of studies on it. Although these arent entirely reliable studies I still think its something to investigate.
In the studies they applied topical tretinoin by itself, but also another group used it in combination with Minoxidil, most of the two groups had new hair growth, but the group taking the minoxidil and tretinoin combo had more significant growth (as apposed to minoxidil alone) as the tretinoin allows for better absorption of the minoxidil therefore making it more effective.
So my theory is that if I use tretinoin around the hairline, wait about 30mins then apply the PSO then it would potentially be absorbed better. So thats what im trying at the moment. Appart from that I havent changed anything else im doing.
Tretinoin was made as an acne medication. But if anyone is after Tretinoin and dont know what to tell your doctor, just tell them you are using it for antiaging, as its scientifically proven to do exactly that. Thats all I did anyway.
Will update soon with new pics - although like I said im not expecting to see instant results lol.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I updated this and wiped the orginial stuff on the first post by accident instead of adding to it... This post is no longer 'Natural' so im wondering how do I rename the title so its not misleading lol (if its possible?)