4 years on finasteride and Rogaine [NEWEST pics page 14, May 12 '12]

pazguato

Reaction score
It looks very good.

About quitting rogaine... be careful. I tried to do it a year ago and my hair was great for 3 months, then an huge shed took place (nothing compared to the dutasteride shed) where I lost around 50% of my density (specially on the male pattern baldness areas). Check my story for pics/studies.

By the way I'm approaching the 1 year mark with my treatment, the hairs on my crown have thickened and I think some regrowth is taking place. When do you think you started seeing regrowth and when do you think you got the best results on that place?

Thanks.

T

TravisB

Rawtashk, I gotta say that the mustache part of your facial hair makes you look older.

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
You might want to try gradually tapering off the minoxidil..like go the the 2% version for awhile. It won't mess with your skin nearly as much as 5% will.
Good luck!

T

TravisB

Rawtashk said:
Like, how old?

I don't know how old, just few years older :mrgreen:. In fact, the beard + mustache style makes all guys look a bit older (hair or no hair). Short beard alone doesn't make you look older. And a mustache alone is a no-no at young age :mrgreen:

irishhair

Reaction score
Don't go off minoxidil! you will regret it. i didn't realize the good it was doing until i stopped it for 12 months.

If you need to learn the lesson the hard way, go ahead, but my advice is to save yourself the trouble

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Ya, I'm back on it after seeing all the comments. I'll try and get some pictures of my eyes and upload them, then maybe I can get some opinions on "minoxidil eyes"

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a long thread for you to read over on the subject.
The poster "Richlocks" was saying this about minoxidil back around 2000-2002 when most of us had never heard of it.

They mention Vince Vaugh and think his decline is due to minoxidil.

2% should ease up on the sides without losing all of the regrowth

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... nox%20side

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, loving the video, pal.

Hair looks great also.

:punk:

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
Anyone know where to get 2%? Amazon? I'd been applying the Rogaine Foam right after a shower, and I read the the wet scalp absorbs it a lot more...so I've switched to applying it on a dry scalp.

No new pictures...but I was bored this weekend, so I made this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWIT0cDvSGA&hd=1

You can get it at your local walmart. Be careful some walmart's will only sell you 1 bottle at a time at inflated prices. Yea Amazon has 3 bottles for $22 which is still too high compared to 5%

Going to 5% has recovered a lot of my hair but face looks yuck! so slowly going back to 2% myself.

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you notice any hairline growth when you went from 0.5 to 1mg?

I have very little hairloss and my crown seems to have thickened up a bit but the left corner of my hairline seems to be thinning out. Still at the same time, I'm seeing lots of dark thicker hairs there standing up straight when I pull my hair back. The hairline on my right side has always been further back since I was a kid and it's as if the left side is slowly going to match it over the years but I don't want that.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
Your hair looks amazing.

You said you've been taking 1.25 proscar for the last year... Where did you buy your proscar from?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I got my generic 5mg finasteride pills from 4rx.com. Let me know if you end up buying from there and I'll give you my repeat buyer discount code. (no, I'm not schilling for them. I don't get one cent from using that code, and you save 20% :) )

I did notice regrowth in the crown when I went from .5mg to 1.25. Took a while to notice, but it filled in a bit more.

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, so no growth in hairline from going to 1mg? You think that's from rogaine?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Most (if not all) of the frontal regrowth was before I upped it to 1.25mg. finasteride works better on the crown, and at filling in your existing hairline. You'd have to be one of the lucky ones to have finasteride regrow your juvenile hairline :(

Here's how I've decided to think about it....I'd rather have a weaker hairline and a stronger crown instead of the reverse of that. Why? Because I can always change my hairstyle to cover a weak hairline....but having that super thin/bald spot on your crown is a b**ch to try and hide!

Rawtashk

Reaction score
More pics and stuff.

Got some new ones done, since I have auditions this weekend. Overall I don't feel like my hair is any stronger than it was a year ago (still losing a good amount of it in the shower), but you can't really tell from pics.
I've also started rocking the Faux Hawk :)
nD0DHl.jpg

WO2MZl.jpg

Attachments

• WO2MZl.jpg
    WO2MZl.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 485

jazz1

Reaction score
Well everyone has to shed hair, so long as your not receding that's the main part, looks good.

Wing

Reaction score
Rawtashk - You mentioned that you had switched over to dutasteride. I was wondering at what dosage and have you noticed any frontal or temple hair regrowth? If so, at what month?
Thanks.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair looks really good, no signs of balding in those pics. This is a major success, congratulations!