6 Months On Finasteride = Hairline Receded Back A Full Norwood

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** this drug for ruining my life. I'll never be able to live happily.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See.. It's getting worse. Literally worse than last week.
It over man. The hair quality is pathetic. You already don't have any sex life. Hop on an Anti-androgen and you will have regrowth.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing is funny when you're depressed.

You either have Tellogen effluvium or you're sensitive to T.
In case 1: continue finasteride. If its Telogen Effluvium, hair will grow back given enough time. However, some people here, like buckthorn, got Telogen Effluvium from finasteride and the hair never came back.
In case 2: add an AA to finasteride. spironolactone, cpa or bica (bica is recommended). Do research on each drug and chose wisely, if you're going this route.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride only prevents DHT from damaging our hair follicles. You need an Anti-androgen to prevent T from damaging hair. Refer to baba yaga reply above.
Really doubt that I'm sensitive to T. Like i said i wasn't shedding at all before finasteride

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride only prevents DHT from damaging our hair follicles. You need an Anti-androgen to prevent T from damaging hair. Refer to baba yaga reply above.

I think Telogen is much more likely, like Baba Yaga said.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really doubt that I'm sensitive to T. Like i said i wasn't shedding at all before finasteride

Finasteride increases t, not by much mind you, but it might be enough to harm your hair. I don't know what advice to give you honestly.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride increases t, not by much mind you, but it might be enough to harm your hair. I don't know what advice to give you honestly.

I've read that T damaging hair only happens in people with aggressive balding. Which does not run in my family whatsoever.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read that T damaging hair only happens in people with aggressive balding. Which does not run in my family whatsoever.
Could be finasteride made your hair loss aggressive. If you really want your hair, AA is the way to go unfortunately. Or you can do nothing and see what happens.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be finasteride made your hair loss aggressive. If you really want your hair, AA is the way to go unfortunately. Or you can do nothing and see what happens.

Is RH actually real or just speculative?

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Also, I barely shed at all in the shower yesterday. Fingers crossed that the shed is slowing down. Almost 6.5 months in. I've heard it can last up to like month 9 or 10.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Also, remember, I have duta on hand just in case.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is RH actually real or just speculative?
It is speculation. The term "reflex hyperandrogenicity" is not a medical term. It is made up here, on these kinds of forums.
Also, I barely shed at all in the shower yesterday. Fingers crossed that the shed is slowing down. Almost 6.5 months in. I've heard it can last up to like month 9 or 10.
That is a good sign. Continue with current regimen. Even if you're below baseline, you might maintain what you have now. Do not try duta now.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is speculation. The term "reflex hyperandrogenicity" is not a medical term. It is made up here, on these kinds of forums.

That is a good sign. Continue with current regimen. Even if you're below baseline, you might maintain what you have now. Do not try duta now.

I was gonna wait the full year then switch if i need to.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thank you for all your advice. I appreciate you being so patient with me. Some people are dicks on these forums. I've read posts where people will destroy other people with words.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for all your advice. I appreciate you being so patient with me. Some people are dicks on these forums. I've read posts where people will destroy other people with words.
I take the mental state in consideration while talking with other members. I know how depressive hair loss can be, especially when you take a hair loss treatment, only for it to make things much worse.
People here can be literal dumb fucks and a pain in the ***, you can only ignore them.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing is funny when you're depressed.

You either have Tellogen effluvium or you're sensitive to T.
In case 1: continue finasteride. If its Telogen Effluvium, hair will grow back given enough time. However, some people here, like buckthorn, got Telogen Effluvium from finasteride and the hair never came back.
In case 2: add an AA to finasteride. spironolactone, cpa or bica (bica is recommended). Do research on each drug and chose wisely, if you're going this route.
I've never heard of finasteride being prescribed for Telogen Effluvium. Maybe minoxidil. Minoxidil withdrawal can cause Telogen Effluvium also though