6 Months On Finasteride = Hairline Receded Back A Full Norwood

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If DHT is the only cause of hair loss, duta would stop hair loss in all cases, which is not true.
Hair loss is caused by sensitivity to androgens. T and DHT are both androgens.

but females lose hair too , and they have very little dht and testosterone .

LastHope123

My Regimen
Reaction score

Everyone is slowly loosing their hair. Cells in your body can only divide themselves a limited amount of times. You will always find thinner hair in people who are old.

There may be other causes than DHT and testosterone. Other hormones, stress, bad scalp health, diseases/disorders etc.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe I've read multiple times that female hair loss cause is unknown, although some AA drugs help slow female hair loss.
You could say you're lucky that you're a male experiencing hair loss. But, we're not.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude finasteride doesn’t regrow hair, it just maintains. your hair looks the same in all the pics. it’s a pause button moreso then a regrowth pill. i’m sorry , maybe you hopped on a little late. if it stays the same for a year consider a transplant

I've heard people at my stage of loss can sometimes get regrowth after a year. Idk. Could duta work?

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone is slowly loosing their hair. Cells in your body can only divide themselves a limited amount of times. You will always find thinner hair in people who are old.

There may be other causes than DHT and testosterone. Other hormones, stress, bad scalp health, diseases/disorders etc.

I've had a dry flaky scalp for a long time.. Even using conditioner. Air is dry where i live

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
like do you have pics of before you started finasteride? might not be getting worse could just be staying the same, in which case, finasteride is working

I do but my hair is longer and not brushed back so i can't tell.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe I've read multiple times that female hair loss cause is unknown, although some AA drugs help slow female hair loss.
You could say you're lucky that you're a male experiencing hair loss. But, we're not.
Yet it is much more manageable to he a man with hair loss than a woman with hair loss - which is sad. The struggle of hair loss is mainly a struggle created by society and for now is more accepting of men losing hair than women losing hair.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
throw in ru and your hairloss will most likely stop. You need something blocking the androgens from attacking the hair follicles

Too bad permanently blocking androgen receptors upregulates the receptors causing faster balding long term. Refute this.

LastHope123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had a dry flaky scalp for a long time.. Even using conditioner. Air is dry where i live

Conditioner doesn't help your scalp that much. You need a good shampoo for dry scalp and hair. "Define Healthy Scalp & Hair" noticeably reduced my dandruff and itchy scalp. Massage it good down into the scalp and let it work while you you soap you're body, like 1-3 minutes. Start washing your body off and then the shampoo lastly. Wash your hair with conditioner if you want after that for less dry hair.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Conditioner doesn't help your scalp that much. You need a good shampoo for dry scalp and hair. "Define Healthy Scalp & Hair" noticeably reduced my dandruff and itchy scalp. Massage it good down into the scalp and let it work while you you soap you're body, like 1-3 minutes. Start washing your body off and then the shampoo lastly. Wash your hair with conditioner if you want after that for less dry hair.

Is this shampoo sulfate and paraben free? I have to be careful

LastHope123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this shampoo sulfate and paraben free? I have to be careful

Looks like they changed the name on that shampoo. It's called "Define Mild & Sensitive Shampoo" now, "against dry and itchy scalp, without perfume, reduces dandruff".

It does not seem to contain any paraben when I read the ingredients. But it say's it contains sodium laureth sulfate and zinc sulfate. Do you mean just "sulphate" or?

But I don't know if you can get "define" were you live, cause it's scandinavian.

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope won't work then. Sodium sulfates wreak havoc on my scalp. I use artnaturals argan oil shampoo. It's all natural and i use lipogaine big 5 conditioner which is as well.

Last edited:

Jpon541

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worse? Better? Same? Angle and lightning may be different

Attachments

• 20190826_195956.jpg
    20190826_195956.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 579

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
mate, are u on minoxidil? i have same density as u do, and also approaching nw3, i tried finasteride, but it gave me sides