83 degrees and Zero Clouds

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I've been to Charleston. Its too damn hot in the summer and need I mention ... its 33 degrees there right now? :freaked2:

And the real question is, does it look like this in the middle of January?
pic22.jpg

Well that's coming from someone in San Diego where its 74, sunny, and breezy every day, all year. Yes im bragging! Im blown away by this place. Prior to these abnormal rainstorms we just had it had not rained for over 7 months. Just sunshine. We rarely get above 83 and rarely go below 55. Its no doubt the most moderate climate here of all the cities in the country.

In fact I just went back to the whole North Carolina south Carolina area in June and wanted to slit my wrists because of the bugs, mosquitos, and humidity. It felt wet. It was hot. Muggy. I was miserable.

Ive been to about 43 of the 50 states and still have not seen weather and climate and topography that comes close to San Diego.

There are definitely plusses of different areas, but there is always one or two major negative that ruins it for me. For instance, its way more green and beautiful elsewhere, and San Diego doesn't have the green ... but for me its not worth the rain to get it. I do love a thundershower now and then, but ... everywhere you go ... they come too often for my liking. So ... back to San Diego I go!

As for that photo - hell ... it looks exactly like that on Long Island Jones Beach too ... but ... I dont need to describe the crappy weather new york gets, thats for sure!

HairLossTalk.com

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
As I read this here in New York City, I'm wearing a heavy red coat, since I'm about to go back outside into the 15-degree, snow-ridden night. We in the Northeast just got totally pounded with at least 12 inches.

Gotta love this slice of land we live in. You name the type of weather, it's got it.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its 33 degrees right now. We still get a little bit of winter here. That much is true.

Up until Monday, though, it was 72 to 75 degrees. So, yeah, it rivals that. Plus, I don't know what you make but I'm not breaking the bank to live 5 minutes from the beach and 5 minutes from downtown to live here. :D

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
social_drinker said:
I'm not breaking the bank to live 5 minutes from the beach and 5 minutes from downtown to live here. :D
That's because its 33 degrees there right now! The cost of living here is not some arbitrary number.

We come full circle :D

Everyones always like "Hey I love it where I live, its [fill in the blank with some random positive factor]" ... and say its too expensive in cali ... but there is a reason. At least in Southern CA. We don't get that 33 degrees.

Anyways, beating a dead horse!

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont know im florida raised and im biased towards it but it is as beautiful as there ....it might be alittle colder then there soemtimes and hotter then there other times..but for the cost you cant beat it

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
tynanW said:
London, UK, f*****g freezing. nothing new.
Use that "inside time" to respond to your emails!

HairLossTalk.com

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Woodland Hills, California. 80 degrees and blissfully mellow.

I used to love Encinitas in the 70's, the 1970's that is. That place was the coolest hippy town ever. Way too much traffic there now.

G

The whole cost thing really doesn't matter all that much because in california we get higher wages anyways. So it all just about equals out.

drinkrum

Reaction score
badasshairday said:
The whole cost thing really doesn't matter all that much because in california we get higher wages anyways. So it all just about equals out.

London weather sucks, pay is sh*t, and the cost of living is the highest in the world (save, Tokyo, maybe, but the daily cost of living is much higher in London -- property might be a bit more expensive in Tokyo).

I will be happy when I leave this place.

D.