A healthy alternative

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
yes because its simply a spike and your test. will return back to baseline....if you dont believe me take a blood test and find out....I was heavy into weight training and my test stayed around the same...i have to brother one a year older and one 5 years younger both have NEVER trained and both started balding earlier than i did.

If you're constantly spiking it though...?

Look at the no. of members on here who do weights:

Gardener, Michael Barry, Harie, Jayman, BrianPeppers, Zack MacQueen, CCS...the list goes on and on.

More than a coincidence?
have you ever stepped foot into a gym?
Its pretty apparent you havent. Everyone who attends my gym regularly gels their hair to go to the gym. They all have carmine gotti haircuts and hairlines. Please.And some of these guys may be genetically inclined to get male pattern baldness in 10 years, but the fact they've been working out for years because ive seen them there for years, proves that it will not CAUSE you go to bald.

G

s.a.f said:
jwilson02 said:
85% percent of males lose thier hair anyway

I think its the other way round. :wink:

75% of guys have male pattern baldness by the time they die. 40% at 40, 50% at 50, 60% at 60, etc.

G

Pondle said:
BornBaldDieBald said:
Well, everyone losses their hair, to an EXTENT. What extent that is, is a different story. My grandfather (that hair @55**e) has a full head of glistening hair at 73, and the other didn't start receding till he was in his mid 50's. My father, was Norwood IV by 45. More guys definately keep MOST of their hair. I see about 2 bald guys on the subways per every 15 normal guys.

According to one of the articles by Hamilton, 96% of men lose their hair to some degree. Lots of the "normal" guys on the subway in 2007 will be progressing up the Norwood scale in a few years time. In fact, as developed societies get older, expect relatively more male pattern baldness.

no, 96% of caucasian men get at least a mature hairline. But only like 75% of guys will have any male pattern baldness before they die.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Obviously no one in their 70's is going to have the hair they had as a teenager.
IMO a mature hairline such as NW2 is no problem at all. And lets face it if you can keep your hair below NW3 until your 40's/50's then you should consider yourself lucky.
So the 96% of men suffer hairloss theory is true but very misleading. 96% of women probably suffer hairloss aswell but to a much lesser degree.

doas

Reaction score
I havent read through all the pages but Id just like to add that i also believe there is a correlation between weight lifting and hair loss. Shortly after I started working with weights (squats, deadlifts, bench presses, ect) i started to notice my hair was thinning and ive read about others experiencing the same thing.

MSU4life

Reaction score
I think reading HairLossTalk.com so much is making me need glasses, but I regrew a ton of hair thanks to the site. I hope I look good with glasses.......

nerdwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Re:

BornBaldDieBald said:
I see about 2 bald guys on the subways per every 15 normal guys.

That's because all the other bald guys are at home crying in the mirror :sobbing: ,contemplating suicide or packing their bags and moving to another state! :thumbdown2:

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
Re:

s.a.f said:
Obviously no one in their 70's is going to have the hair they had as a teenager.
IMO a mature hairline such as NW2 is no problem at all. And lets face it if you can keep your hair below NW3 until your 40's/50's then you should consider yourself lucky.
So the 96% of men suffer hairloss theory is true but very misleading. 96% of women probably suffer hairloss aswell but to a much lesser degree.

Actually my great uncle was still a Norwood 1 before he died. he just had grey hair, and it was prob alil thinner, but his hairline never shifted.

s.a.f

Reaction score
And would you desrcibe that as the norm? Obviously there are rare exceptions. Some people reach 80+ and still have perfect eyesight but only about 1/1000.

hawks05

Established Member
Reaction score
funny how people don't get as pissed off about this theory as they do about the masturbation one :jackit: