Actors going from leading role, to secondary, and supporting roles

tkster95

Reaction score
I just saw a movie called "Ok, Good" about a bald guy trying to make it in hollywood. You can find it on hulu at the moment. Hugo Armstrong played the main character and also took part in writing it. On the surface its about a man's failed attempts at becoming an actor, but I feel like it may really be about the struggle of balding. Check it out.

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
This is heath ledger about a year before he died (2007). Would he even be a relevant star in 2015 if his hair loss had progressed? Or would he be reduced to the crap roles other baldies are subjected to? ledge.jpg

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is heath ledger about a year before he died (2007). Would he even be a relevant star in 2015 if his hair loss had progressed? Or would he be reduced to the crap roles other baldies are subjected to?

If he went bald, he'd be reduced to nothing more than bottomfeeding roles, if that. Jude Law, anyone? Perhaps Billy Zane? Michael Deluise? Micheal Keaton? Or even a once A-listed star like John Travolta? Of course there are more examples, but nobody really talks about them because they've become irrelevant sh!theels that nobody cares to cover anymore. You don't hear about the actors I listed BECAUSE of baldness.

Thanks hollywood, for putting SO MUCH emphasis on this.

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
If he went bald, he'd be reduced to nothing more than bottomfeeding roles, if that. Jude Law, anyone? Perhaps Billy Zane? Michael Deluise? Micheal Keaton? Or even a once A-listed star like John Travolta? Of course there are more examples, but nobody really talks about them because they've become irrelevant sh!theels that nobody cares to cover anymore. You don't hear about the actors I listed BECAUSE of baldness.

Thanks hollywood, for putting SO MUCH emphasis on this.

I really, really hope Michael Keaton wins best actor at the Oscars. Represent the baldies. I'm not sure about Hearth Ledger though. He and Jude Law were basically sex symbols in their prime. I would say they were about as ubiquitously adored as any other actor. I think Ledger is the slightly better actor though. Jude Law is decent, but Ledger really had talent beyond his looks. But even so, Hollywood is superficial as ****. I doubt Ledger would get any leading roles in 2015.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really, really hope Michael Keaton wins best actor at the Oscars. Represent the baldies. I'm not sure about Hearth Ledger though. He and Jude Law were basically sex symbols in their prime. I would say they were about as ubiquitously adored as any other actor. I think Ledger is the slightly better actor though. Jude Law is decent, but Ledger really had talent beyond his looks. But even so, Hollywood is superficial as ****. I doubt Ledger would get any leading roles in 2015.

I think he's going to win. I saw Birdman a few weeks ago, and while I think it's overrated (though a still really good movie), I think the acting performances in it were outstanding. Grand Budapest was more interesting though, I think it's going to steal a lot of awards. IMO, I think Gone Girl should have gotten more nominations.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
I think he's going to win. I saw Birdman a few weeks ago, and while I think it's overrated (though a still really good movie), I think the acting performances in it were outstanding. Grand Budapest was more interesting though, I think it's going to steal a lot of awards. IMO, I think Gone Girl should have gotten more nominations.

Eddie Redmayne should win for best actor in a leading role. His performance was outstanding. His Stephen Hawking was totally believable. If Redmayne doesn't win, I hope Steve Carell wins for his take on John Du Pont.

I've seen all of the nominated films (I love January! - DVD screeners leak on the net every January) and I can easily say that the best film of them all is Whiplash. Fcking incredible movie.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Jude Law has had a FUE. Even some of the comments in this video seem to agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tzhcnc9T1I

Nooo...
Its pretty obvious all his hair is slicked forward to mask his true hairline. I just don't understand the guy, he could easily get back to solid NW1 if he got a fue; it frustrates me because he puts so much effort into hiding his baldness when he could save all that agony and get a fue. No one would care, he would almost instantly become an A list celebrity. I could imagine all the popularity he would get...its his choice though...
Bahhhh....

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
Nooo...
Its pretty obvious all his hair is slicked forward to mask his true hairline. I just don't understand the guy, he could easily get back to solid NW1 if he got a fue; it frustrates me because he puts so much effort into hiding his baldness when he could save all that agony and get a fue. No one would care, he would almost instantly become an A list celebrity. I could imagine all the popularity he would get...its his choice though...
Bahhhh....

I think he has one, his hair looks overall thicker, he probably only got like a 1000 grafts or something. He looks good and he is intelligent enough not to deplete his donor with an aggressive hairline.

You can get transplants just to thicken up existing hair not necessarily to move the hairline forward.

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt Jude law knows about fue treatment . Maybe he's just content and happy in his skin as he is and doesn't mind his hairline receding just accepts it as part of getting older .

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

They would just give him hair like they do with any other bald guy

shookwun

Reaction score
This kid better pray he doesn't ever loose his luscious locks.

The type of man who needs hair to remain relevant. Dude would look hilarious bald with that puny skull, and feminine features.

Andrew-Garfield.jpg

1394141821_andrew-garfield-statement-467.jpg

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This kid better pray he doesn't ever loose his luscious locks.

The type of man who needs hair to remain relevant. Dude would look hilarious bald with that puny skull, and feminine features.

Andrew-Garfield.jpg

1394141821_andrew-garfield-statement-467.jpg

I pray that he does lose his hair... more incentive for a cure.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
He doesn't look all that with hair either, looks gay. I'm sure many women would agree seeing a man like that in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Jude Law is obviously aware of ALL treatments and has been for some time. He either made a decision not to use anything (believe it or not, most people don't treat their male pattern baldness although he is a celeb) or he got sides on finasteride. If he got sides on finasteride it would explain why he is reluctant to try out transplants. I don't know, he is a peculiar case if I'm honest.

With Prince William you know he just decided to let it go for personal reasons but Jude is confusing.