Alan's Story - (Age 21 ) Updated!

Alan21

Reaction score
Latest pics on page 4

Hello, my name is Alan and i'm a 21 year old student. I work a 8-5 job and go to school 3 nights a week from 6-9. Due to my tight schedule I have not exercised as much i use to. i can also say within this time my eating habits have been very healthy either. Though i have begun to change them.

All my life i've always kept my hair short, and over the past year or so i've been getting my haircut at my barbers once a week or once every other week. I usally get a 1 all around with the clippers.

I first noticed my thinning hair about 3-4 weeks ago when i decided to let my hair grow a little longer.

So far I've begun taking a b-complex daily, this is my first time actually researching hair loss and i notice that Finpecia seems to be the way to go. I'm a newb to all this stuff so any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I tried looking for a FAQ section here but i didnt find one...

8 Month Update

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Alan (Age 21) 11/23/08 * New Here *

Try Finpecia and Nizoral for a year and see if that helps/maintains. Your hair looks great up front.

Alan21

Reaction score

Night said:
Try Finpecia and Nizoral for a year and see if that helps/maintains. Your hair looks great up front.

Thanks, but it is thinning upfront as well, right down the middle :(

I just got back from Walmart where i got myself a 4oz bottle or Nizoral for $9. Whats a reputable site where i can buy the Finpecia?

amsch

Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, but you're very lucky!

I'm saying this because you seem to have diffuse pattern and kept your hairline. We have some other diffuser's around here who have had GREAT success in growing back their crown.

Get on propecia and rogaine foam. If you see foam makes things worse (i don't think it will on your case), get on liquid rogaine.

Alan21

Reaction score

amsch said:
Don't get me wrong, but you're very lucky!

I'm saying this because you seem to have diffuse pattern and kept your hairline. We have some other diffuser's around here who have had GREAT success in growing back their crown.

Get on propecia and rogaine foam. If you see foam makes things worse (i don't think it will on your case), get on liquid rogaine.

Should i go with this foam:
http://minoxidildirect.com/Minoxidil.htm

or should i stick with the Rogaine brand?

Also, where can i buy the finasteride online ?

barcafan

Reaction score
Re: Alan - (Age 21 )

f*** the minoxidil for now. Get on propecia and if all goes well with no sides, you should be okay.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score

Me and most people on here buy from Inhouse Pharmacy
www.inhousepharmacy.com
Finpecia is the 1mg version of Fincar. I use Fincar since its 5mg, meaning I split it into 1/4ths and get 1.25mg a day.(or you can try to split it to 1/5). This is the cheapest way to do it.

You seem to have the same diffuse thinning pattern as me. Cheapest 'rogaine' you can get is as Costco from Kirkland brand. Its like 6months for 20 bucks. Kirkland stuff is made in the SAME place that Rogaine is made, just because its not name brand. It all contains 5% Minoxidil though. I bought 6 months for 35 at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Minoxidil-5%25-Ex ... B000FQ73O0 [now about 27 bucks shipped]

If you want Rogaine foam, I wouldn't buy it from that link, due to the fact that its censored here. The Admin does that to sites on here that are reported as scams.

Though I haven't used it yet. I'm going to see if Fincar regrows enough to make me 'happy' for now.

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score

You seem to have caught the thinning early enough, get on the dht inhibitor like fincar and hold off on the minoxidil for awhile. My 2cents. Good luck bud.

Alan21

Reaction score

lovemyhair said:
You seem to have caught the thinning early enough, get on the dht inhibitor like fincar and hold off on the minoxidil for awhile. My 2cents. Good luck bud.

So go with the 5mg over the 1mg and split it into 1/4 supplements?

or just take the 1mg

Night

Established Member
Reaction score

Alan21 said:
lovemyhair said:

So go with the 5mg over the 1mg and split it into 1/4 supplements?

or just take the 1mg
Its up to you, the 5mg split into 1/4ths is cheaper. You can split it to 1/5ths and get 1mg a day, but that seems a hard to do.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

congrats on catching it early. with a daily dose of finasteride you may never go bald now.

Alan21

Reaction score

treeshrew said:
congrats on catching it early. with a daily dose of finasteride you may never go bald now.

Thanks! I'll be placing my order for finasteride tonight. I guess one of my concerns is one i stop taking finasteride, will my hair begin to thin again?

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score

yea u should be fine if u take propecia. youre the poster child for it, no recession at all and jsut starting to thin on the vertex. if you notice not much regrowth and really want it, though i dont think people would notice that little amount of thinning on the vertex, you can always hop on minoxidil

btw, youre not white are you...your hairline looks more like someone of hispanic ancestry, its perfect

Alan21

Reaction score

BlahBlah12 said:
yea u should be fine if u take propecia. youre the poster child for it, no recession at all and jsut starting to thin on the vertex. if you notice not much regrowth and really want it, though i dont think people would notice that little amount of thinning on the vertex, you can always hop on minoxidil

btw, youre not white are you...your hairline looks more like someone of hispanic ancestry, its perfect

Yup, Hispanic.

One last question before i order the finasteride, will taking a 1.25mg dosage over the 1.00mg give me faster results? Or is the .25mg difference not a big deal...

amsch

Reaction score

Hey dude! You can try propecia only at first. It should at least help you to keep what you have. If you feel it isn't enough, you can still jump on minoxidil. :)

Sean68

Reaction score

1.25 or 1 is no big deal. good luck.

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score

Ian Curtis said:
You have a balding spot the shape of a dick, a weird one.
Hahahah - sorry to the poster but that made me crack up ...

briz

Reaction score

Hey man at least u still have ur hairline just fine. If u start taking finpecia or fincar, im guessing u might have a shot at stopping this from getting any worse. Dont wait though, get it now and stick to it. Best of luck man.