Andalou Naturals- Apple etc stem cell shampoo..spray..etc

Jacob

Reaction score
No....you cannot drink it :shakehead:

Looks like a decent and fairly cheap natural shampoo and spray etc. I have yet to try it..but there is supposed to be free shipping this weekend so I'll probably end up giving it a whirl. I've seen it sold at various health/supplement sites as well.

http://andalou.com/index.php/haircare/full-volume/lavender-biotin-volume-shampoo.html

http://andalou.com/index.php/haircare/full-volume/lavender-biotin-volume-style-spray.html

00201_shm_fullvolume_ref_1.jpg

Apple Fruit Stem Cell Cultures (malus domestica): Derived from an extract of a rare Swiss apple. Protects longevity of skin stem cells and repairs skins DNA by renewing dormant cells, repairing damaged cells, and regenerating healthy cells.

Grape Fruit Stem Cell Cultures (solar vitis): Derived from an extract of a grape from the Burgundy region of France; helps skin 'copy' itself to grow new skin and to protect against stress and aging factors by renewing dormant cells, repairing damaged cells, and regenerating healthy cells.

BioActive 8 Berry Complex: Provides a potent portfolio of super antioxidants to combat environmental stressors, support cell turnover, increase collagen and elastin, and strengthen dermal immunity with a certified organic blend of Acai Berry, Aronia Berry, Bearberry, Bilberry, Black Elderberry, Goji Berry, Rosehips Berry, Sea Buckthorn Berry with Bilberry Fruit Stem Cell Cultures.

Certified Organic Aloe Vera (aloe barbendensis): Polysaccharides best prepare, soothe, oxygenate, and replenish, providing the optimal dermal delivery for our active ingredients.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Jacob said:
No....you cannot drink it :shakehead:

Looks like a decent and fairly cheap natural shampoo and spray etc. I have yet to try it..but there is supposed to be free shipping this weekend so I'll probably end up giving it a whirl. I've seen it sold at various health/supplement sites as well.

http://andalou.com/index.php/haircare/full-volume/lavender-biotin-volume-shampoo.html

http://andalou.com/index.php/haircare/full-volume/lavender-biotin-volume-style-spray.html

00201_shm_fullvolume_ref_1.jpg

Apple Fruit Stem Cell Cultures (malus domestica): Derived from an extract of a rare Swiss apple. Protects longevity of skin stem cells and repairs skins DNA by renewing dormant cells, repairing damaged cells, and regenerating healthy cells.

Grape Fruit Stem Cell Cultures (solar vitis): Derived from an extract of a grape from the Burgundy region of France; helps skin 'copy' itself to grow new skin and to protect against stress and aging factors by renewing dormant cells, repairing damaged cells, and regenerating healthy cells.

BioActive 8 Berry Complex: Provides a potent portfolio of super antioxidants to combat environmental stressors, support cell turnover, increase collagen and elastin, and strengthen dermal immunity with a certified organic blend of Acai Berry, Aronia Berry, Bearberry, Bilberry, Black Elderberry, Goji Berry, Rosehips Berry, Sea Buckthorn Berry with Bilberry Fruit Stem Cell Cultures.

Certified Organic Aloe Vera (aloe barbendensis): Polysaccharides best prepare, soothe, oxygenate, and replenish, providing the optimal dermal delivery for our active ingredients.

f***! why it is so cheap? I am looking to try new poos as well..

Jacob

Reaction score
For those who wondering about the apple stem cell ingred:

Mibelle Biochemistry has combined nature and science to create an active based on apple stem cells. Using a novel, patent-pending plant cell culture technology, the company introduced its PhytoCellTec (INCI: Malus domestica fruit cell culture (and) xantham gum (and) glycerin (and) lecithin (and) phenoxyethanol (and) water (aqua)). The company reports that dedifferentiated callus cells from a rare apple were developed for incorporation into the active ingredient. This active has been shown to protect skin stem cells and delay the senescence of hair follicles.

According to the company, apple stem cells are rich in epigenetic factors and metabolites that assure the longevity of skin cells. The application of plant cell cultures to maintain the function of skin stem cells is a breakthrough in antiaging.

The Effect
The new substance PhytoCellTec Malus Domestica from Mibelle Biochemistry was investigated in various
experiments. In-vitro experiments showed that the substance promoted the growth of human mesenchymal stem cells
and protected them against UV attack. In further experiments with hair follicles, it was shown that the apple stem cell
extract delayed the senescence of the follicle cells and so led to a rejuvenation of the cells.

Jacob

Reaction score
squeegee said:
f*ck! why it is so cheap? I am looking to try new poos as well..

Maybe the % of the stem cell ingreds isn't very high? I dunno..but I'm not going to complain. Even w/out those ingreds..seems pretty reasonable.

I think it's Serious Skincare..or some other HSN type product..that also has a 'poo with the apple stem cells. And then this one..which I'm trying to get the ingreds list on: http://www.andrewalkerhair.com/Phytocelltec-Botanical-Stem-Cell-Shampoo-p/phytocelltec-shampoo.htm

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
f*** tempting to buy this... the last link is pretty damn nice! Jacob if you know any others fancy shampoos..don't be shy!!

Jacob

Reaction score
Well I think Elsom Research has some pretty "fancy" ones..especially considernig the tech they use. I'm sure you're aware of Lamas' Chinese Herbal shampoo...think I'll write them and ask if they can add the apple stem cells to it(like in their topical). I think Elsom would add it to their existing ones for a bit of extra $.

Some others...

One of my favs: http://www.avariohealthcare.com/HAIR_LOSS_TREATMENT_BIOCLIN_PHYDRIUM_ADVANCE_SHAMPOO.html

Yet to try- Age Inhibit line(their topical and "spritz" look good as well): http://www.rhondaallison.com/Age_Inhibit_Hair_System.html

Like this one as well: DermaHeal: http://dermahealusa.com/shop-produc...r-care/item/49-hair-conditioning-shampoo.html

Yet to try- DermatoPoietin shampoo http://www.swiss-cosmeceuticals.com/hair-protection-system/hair-protection-system-shampoo.html

Another fav..just use their washout-topical these days: http://www.connollyhair.com.au/PDF/Kerastase_Biotic_2008.pdf

That's all I can think of for now...maybe some will post some others.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
DermaHeal has had some good reviews. The Stem Cell Spray you posted seems good. There are a lot of products that work but the question is which ones are worth using because this alone isn't going to stop hair loss.

DermatoPoietin has also had some good reviews. Seems to be a decent growth stimulant something that I wouldn't say is stronger than Minoxidil but is a decent growth stimulant.

Apple Stem Cell Spray is something I'd probably use over the shampoo if you already have 4 to 6 shampoos like myself. It really depends what is in your regimen.

Bioclin Phydrium Advance Shampoo if proven to be as effective as 2% Minoxidil looks good. The price tag at $42 for a shampoo is expensive.

The other ones seem like good alternatives to Regenepure and Revita who repair the scalp.

Jacob

Reaction score
That spray as well as that Peptide Spritz are nice if you're not into topicals or don't want to apply a certain topical that day. I can see myself using those as well as the Scalp Serum with Stem Cell in-between other treatments or as my morning/daytime treatments.

Shampoo...I'm actually for the first time in a long time nearly out of shampoo. I love trying new things so have had a bunch to use up for the longest time. I plan to use mainly Elsom's again for awhile..but am waiting to place an order until I see what they end up adding to their "Formulator"..as well as another ingred they plan to add to their latest topical. Since that could be awhile..I'm going to give some of these a try. Can always rotate with Elsom's. Bioclin I'll probably end up using again once a day if it ever goes on sale :shock:

Jacob

Reaction score

Jacob

Reaction score
Yes, baroudeur...I'm selling everything I post about. Would you like to place an order? And yes, I'm working for Elsom..so they're not too pleased that I'm using products from other companies and posting about all the other newer products that interest me. But there's nothing in the contract that says I can't. So screw 'em. :shakehead:

Did the Top 6 not work for you or something? :dunno:

Jacob

Reaction score
smitysmity said:
So many products here.

Yeah, I know..sorry :woot: I ended up ordering one of the shampoo and spray from Andalou. I suppose they'll have free shipping again but like I said..I need some shampoo asap anyway.

I think maybe their products are so "cheap" because they're able to after being behind other cosmetic companies in the past. It's not like they're starting from scratch. And/or just to get things going at first...they just have the $ to do so. So it's a bit more reassuring...to know it's not some newbies behind it. From their website:

Stacey Kelly Egide, CEO
Stacey has developed some of the category’s most influential brands including Avalon Organics, Alba Hawaiian, Alba Botanica and Sonoma Soap Company. As Andalou Naturals’ CEO, Stacey brings her expertise and intuitive vision to create authentic brands with extraordinary market appeal.

Mark A. Egide, President
Mark has been an innovator in the Natural Products Industry for over 25 years, driving the success of many of its recognized brands including Avalon Organics, Alba Botanica, Beauty Without Cruelty, San Francisco Soap Company, Mill Creek and Jojoba Farms. As president, Mark brings his financial discipline and thorough knowledge of the personal care industry.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob,

I'll take an order then for a stem cell spray but I demand 50% off or I am walking.

Anyway, a stem cell spray that you bought for $10 sounds like a really good idea. Though I wouldn't call it a stem cell spray being that it provides vitamins not stem cells but we all know the reason they used those two words was for marketing purposes.

Been looking more into sprays though as well as growth stimulants as being the fact that our CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells are dying which ultimately is allowing androgens to gain strength and break down our hairs, it would be nice to find a spray that specifically provides nutrition or another strengthening boost for these cells.

baroudeur

Established Member
Reaction score
do you know any alternative to minoxidil? cant use it because i get some heart pains but i need something like