Anyone Recover From Reflex Hyperandrogenicity??

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's basically what I've done, i've dropped the dosage and gone every 2-3 days. Shedding is still heavy 3 months in but scalp oil/acne has calmed down and my head isn't painful in the thinning areas as much.

I don't have any hopes to recover what I've lost though. I think my hope would be to maintain at best.
Did you lose a lot? Or are you still the same Norwood with a bit of thinning?

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you lose a lot? Or are you still the same Norwood with a bit of thinning?
May be 40hairs I mean in total including after washing my head I collected tht water in a bucket nd used something to drain out the water nd the hairs collected were 40 ...on the hand I noticed 3-4 hairs ...all these r thin hairs.. wht worried me was scalp tingle

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's basically what I've done, i've dropped the dosage and gone every 2-3 days. Shedding is still heavy 3 months in but scalp oil/acne has calmed down and my head isn't painful in the thinning areas as much.

I don't have any hopes to recover what I've lost though. I think my hope would be to maintain at best.
Coping and the reality of things. It’a hard to gain ground of what is lost.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
May be 40hairs I mean in total including after washing my head I collected tht water in a bucket nd used something to drain out the water nd the hairs collected were 40 ...on the hand I noticed 3-4 hairs ...all these r thin hairs.. wht worried me was scalp tingle
Scalp tingling, pulsating, itching area is where the worst shed/hair loss happens. Sucks

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp tingling, pulsating, itching area is where the worst shed/hair loss happens. Sucks
The only tht doesn't cause any shed r itch is 0.25 duta..but hair is becoming brittle ...is it bcz hair is undergoing process

PiL

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm struggling with the same problem RH now I'm off finestaride for almost a month and
I saw this paper about quercetin that says it can suppress the Ar functionality .
someone try or has any thoughts about it?

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm struggling with the same problem RH now I'm off finestaride for almost a month and
I saw this paper about quercetin that says it can suppress the Ar functionality .
Don't quit like tht...hv u tried microdosing?....I tried nd 0.25 mg duta works fine for me

PiL

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't quit like tht...hv u tried microdosing?....I tried nd 0.25 mg duta works fine for me
No, i got really scared sice I heard about this so I took 0.25 for one week and quit now I'm three weeks without taking it
Im really afraid getting back on it
So is it stabilize for you?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Flavonoids like quercetin have a ton of evidence that they reduce AR expression. I wonder if it would help if you took a supplement

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, i got really scared sice I heard about this so I took 0.25 for one week and quit now I'm three weeks without taking it
Im really afraid getting back on it
So is it stabilize for you?
Yes but even I'm quitting...to get my hormones back to level...I don't shed r tingle at tht dose ...yet I wish to quit

PiL

My Regimen
Reaction score
Flavonoids like quercetin have a ton of evidence that they reduce AR expression. I wonder if it would help if you took a supplement
Yes I read about it and think to maybe give it a go maybe it could help and it seems more safe than the other alternative (ar blocker) .
I don't want to mess my hormones more

Last edited:

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I read about it and think to maybe give it a go maybe it could help and it seems more save than the other alternative (ar blocker) .
I don't want to mess my hormones more
Gotta figure out dosage though. @pegasus2 what would say is a good dosage to get the AR expression reduction effect of quercetin.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gotta figure out dosage though. @pegasus2 what would say is a good dosage to get the AR expression reduction effect of quercetin.
More than reasonable. Flavonoids have poor bioavailability. Quercetin also inhibits the Wnt pathway, so even if you took a high enough dose to do anything it might do more harm than good.

I used dimethylcurcumin topically, and well I think it was helpful I couldn't keep using it due to the mess. It's a horrible neon yellow that stains everything.

PiL

My Regimen
Reaction score
More than reasonable. Flavonoids have poor bioavailability. Quercetin also inhibits the Wnt pathway, so even if you took a high enough dose to do anything it might do more harm than good.

I used dimethylcurcumin topically, and well I think it was helpful I couldn't keep using it due to the mess. It's a horrible neon yellow that stains everything
So I guess resveratrol and egcg have the same problem
Do you think taking curcumin as a supplement be more beneficial at least less messy?

PiL

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thts y u experienced shedding previous when I quit duta after six months I didn't get any shedding cz I have been using minoxidil since one year
I guess you right but with minx I can't track the damage maybe gonna try it soon
Do you think getting back on finasteride 0.25 every other day after 3 weeks off could have a good effect?

Last edited: