anyone subconsciously wearing hats more often these days?

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
I like to wear hats now and then, but the bottom line is that I have realised that my hair loss isnt that bad or noticable at the moment- although it can depend on what haircut I have and so on.

Contary to what many say, that the shorter the better, I have actually been growing my hair out slightly, and it all kind of 'blends' in well, with a bit of a fringe at the front, Im going for a slightly more bushy look. Well, Im actually thinking of doing an experiment. Really growing my hair out a bit, just to see what happens. I still have decent density so it might look ok. It might not look great, but it will be interesting either way.

I have also found that my hair is much nicer to look at after it has been shampoed, I dont like to use shampoo too much as I stick by the philosophy of not putting to much in the hair other than water, but now I may shampoo once or twice a week. The greasy hair and the male pattern baldness dont look nice together.

In terms of hats, I could see why people can addicted to them, but to me, if its to cover male pattern baldness, then its not a healthy habit. I generally wear hats when anyone else wears them, ie when its freezing cold, or if I have a horrendesly bad hair day, but other than that, I would rather just walk around with my normal hair whilst I still have it. I just feel that I dont want to hide my hair/head, its definitley something that shows insecurity, better to just get used to whatever the look is.

barcafan

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
dudemon said:
[I mean, are guys on here really having side effects from it, or is it just all in their heads?

Probably abit of both, the guys on finasteride and not having any problems dont post about it, but those who are having sides make a big fuss about it telling everyone its poison.
But yeah I believe theres a kind of placebo effect if you go looking for sides you'll find them.

Not according to alot of doctors, more and more every day. DHT isn't poison, your body sorta needs it. Some guys get along fine with 10% of the levels they had, others not so well

Cassin

Reaction score
once people get it into their heads that they will get sides its likely they will. Also keep in mind people flock to forums when they do get them so its a very unfair representation of consumers with side effects.