ApplePoly

docj077

Reaction score
Fat-Elvis said:
What role does TGF-beta play in male pattern baldness?

And so apply polys are more of a growth stimulant like minoxidil instead of inhibiting dht?

Neither Minoxidil or Apple Poly are technically growth stimulants. They inhibit growth inhibitory molecules such as TGF-beta.

TGF-beta inhibits hair growth and is the primary molecule responsible for perifollicular fibrosis in the scalp.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Fat Elvis,

Have you started ApplePolly yet?

I am looking at ordering to Australia to give it a shot in the hope to stop this mad and perpetual shedding by inhibiting TGF-Beta.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I think my topical spironolactone and apple poly and internal dutasteride will keep my hairline in tact until I graduate, and then I can hit it with RU later.

CCS shouldn't dutasteride keep your hair from getting worse for at least Telogen Effluvium next 5-8 years? Is your hair getting worse on dutasteride or are you just planning for what might happen in 5 years time?

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Internals may be helpful

Fat-Elvis said:
And are there any studies or anything that show whether taking it orally or using it topically works better?

Internals maybe just as useful.

http://choosetoprosper.com/polyphenol-grow-hair.html

Also, does anyone know if the polyphenols in Poly-GROTM Procyanidin B-2 are the same as are in Green Tea?

Apparent polyphenols in green tea only block Type I enzyme which won't offer that much benefit

http://www.hairlossbuddy.com/12/green-tea/

I am starting to get confused. Are polyphenols worth the expense! :?

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Internals may be helpful

AussieExperiment said:
I am starting to get confused. Are polyphenols worth the expense! :?

From what I know, GTE is not as potent as GSE and furthermore GSE is not as potent as the Procyanidin B-2 exctracted from the apples.

Since nothing to date has slowed my hair loss, I have nothing to lose by trying Apple Polly. In fact I will be a good test case because my hair loss is extremely aggressive and by such I mean hundreds upon hundreds of hairs lost per day with little or no effort.

If Apple Polly can halt my hair loss, then by sure as hell it will work for everyone else!

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil?

So have you tried minoxidil?

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Tablets may be good

Actually I just found this article which sugguests that the tablet may be as effective or more effective than the topical.

Their latest topical Poly-GRO may have better results though.

http://www.applepoly.com/blog/?p=13

So

Established Member
Reaction score
That's the owners blog.

I think both would work well in combination but if I had to use one and not the other it would be the internal.

Btw I am not using minoxidil yet. I don't want to get to the stage of having to buy Rogaine! Seems like such a pain.

Since there is no Foam in Australia I might have to ebay it :/

chris55

Reaction score
looks like applepoly is coming out with a new version of the polygro topical spray

I emailed david kern if they planned on coming out with a new topical anytime soon and he said they were. The new v.2 polygro has a higher concentration of procyanidin and ascorbic acid. It also has 2 new herbal extracts that act as a natural dilator and transdermal carrier, which will replace the propylene glycol.

im pretty happy about this because even though i liked the old polygro, the alcohol in it bothered me.

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems like it's been a couple of months since people first tried this apple poly stuff, and I was wondering if anyone has had good results?

Just asking because the website does seem suspicious -- like it should have a "as-seen-on-TV" banner.....

So

Established Member
Reaction score
no results for me yet...
i haven't yet finished my first month though...

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
So said:
no results for me yet...
i haven't yet finished my first month though...

At 6 weeks I have observed continued recession while using apple poly topically and orally. I had a laspe in shedding immediately after starting apple poly, but I think it was unrelated as I have returned to the shedding I had before using the products.

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
Optimist -- Sorry to hear the battle's not going too well. Are you using anything else to combat your hair loss? And are you going to stick with the applepoly?

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmyjames said:
Optimist -- Sorry to hear the battle's not going too well. Are you using anything else to combat your hair loss? And are you going to stick with the applepoly?

I am not using anything else. I tried propecia a couple years ago and had bad sides (although it worked great very quickly).

I have two bottles left, so I'm gonna stay on for 2 more months and see if there is any improvement.

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
I am not using anything else. I tried propecia a couple years ago and had bad sides (although it worked great very quickly).

I have two bottles left, so I'm gonna stay on for 2 more months and see if there is any improvement.

And, sorry, one last thing -- Can you tell me the ingredients that are listed on your bottle of applepoly spray? I have some allergy concerns, and I'd like to check everything out before maybe buying the stuff.

Thanks.

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
Any other success story from users of Apple Poly?

If you regrow new hair with Apple Poly...is this hair ApplePolly-dependant like in the case of Minoxidil?

cheers :freaked2:

DrGrow

Reaction score
HairRebirth said:

If you regrow new hair with Apple Poly...is this hair ApplePolly-dependant like in the case of Minoxidil?

No. Once you grow hair from ApplePoly.. you never need to use it again. But people will continue to use their finasteride/dutasteride/minoxidil/spironolactone because well we wouldn't have a reason to come back to the forum if we grew hair back permanently.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
DrGrow said:
HairRebirth said:

No. Once you grow hair from ApplePoly.. you never need to use it again. But people will continue to use their finasteride/dutasteride/minoxidil/spironolactone because well we wouldn't have a reason to come back to the forum if we grew hair back permanently.

You are joking right? :)

Maybe I am missing the sarcasm, but this is not the case.

You would still need to use it, but you may not be dependant upon it in a manner of dire circumstance.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey So, have you had any weight loss while being on apple poly? I have dropped 8 pounds in the past 6 weeks without changing my diet and exercise and I havn't been able to figure out why. I was looking at the apple poly site the otehr day and I noticed that they advertise apple poly as a weight loss drug. I can't see any other reason for the weight loss besides apple poly.

I'm not sure if I'm getting any regrowth. I need to get a digital camera and take pics so I can track it better.