Been on eucapil for about a year and a half.

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Well im not sure of the results to be honest.

Im now at a point where im not getting any hairs fall out in the shower (before there was just loads round the edge and plug hole and the floor when i was getting dry) but i dont seem to be growing, well thats what i think, but what i am seeing is alot of what you guys call peach fuzz all round my hair line and on the crown, i asked my mum to look at the crown and she asked if i had cut my hair? i said no why? she then tells me that there are quite a number of small thin black hairs starting to grow which were not there last time she looked. She also noted lots of small white hairs forming on the crown.

Now my next question is do i need to add anything else to help these small white hairs to grow or is that all they will ever be? (peach fuzz)

The peach fuzz was never there before and i can only contribute this to the use of eucapil. Im not using anything else but this and no special shampoo just eucapil.

Should i just carry one with it and let it work (which is taking along time) or should i introduce something to help the peach fuzz develop?

Thanks again

Andrew

jackstraw419

Reaction score
looks like you have reached the stage of maintainace, and if you are very lucky you will get some regrowth. if you feel you have exhausted all your options with treatments then its time to get hair transplant. i think 60% of user will get their hair either maintained(30%) or regrowth(30%).

after a year of using dutasteride and all other crap, i have made a great change to my regime. ill give that for another 6 months and if i dont see any results then i will probably get hair transplant.

hair transplant is like the "king" of all regime and plus because it is terminal hair you wont have to use treatment anymore. it has 90% successful rate but it is 100% to me if you pick a good hair transplant doctor.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Andrew, is Eucapil all you're using now? Your post gives me some hope for maintenance. Since I seem to not be able to tolerate any other dht inhibitors.

DHT inhibitors are mostly to prevent further damage. If you want regrowth, you should look into minoxidil.

What else did you try first? Can't imagine you went straight for the Eucapil.

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Guys well i dont think i have exhausted all my options because Eucapil is the only treatment i have been using.

There is a noticeable difference in my general hair health and thickness its just that its taken quite some time to see any improvements.

You know things are getting better when you wake up with greasy hair and your hair doesnt look as bad as it did when you first realised you are loosing it. :freaked2:

I dont want to use all the other options like minoxidil as i understand it as soon as you come off it the hair will drop off even worse than it did before, im looking long term and for me Eucapil is working, just thats its so damn slow! But i guess hair regeneration is something that doesnt happen over night.

So im going to try and use some anti oxidants on the hair and oral supplements like iron and Vit E and Vit K and see what happens.

Any more suggestions would be welcome.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Demlotcrew said:
I dont want to use all the other options like minoxidil as i understand it as soon as you come off it the hair will drop off even worse than it did before...

The best available evidence seems to indicate that that's just a temporary effect (leaving your hair worse than it was before), so I see nothing wrong with using topical minoxidil to give an offset of extra growth.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Demlotcrew said:
I dont want to use all the other options like minoxidil as i understand it as soon as you come off it the hair will drop off even worse than it did before...

The best available evidence seems to indicate that that's just a temporary effect (leaving your hair worse than it was before), so I see nothing wrong with using topical minoxidil to give an offset of extra growth.
Seems is probably a good key word for it. I know I had a massive 3 month shed after I stopped minoxidil, I did have regrowth though afterwards. However, it's hard to conclude that my hair was just as thick before but at the same time i'm sure during the 6 months of shed _> regrowth i lost some hair just from normal DHT attacks and whatnot.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
Seems is probably a good key word for it. I know I had a massive 3 month shed after I stopped minoxidil, I did have regrowth though afterwards. However, it's hard to conclude that my hair was just as thick before but at the same time i'm sure during the 6 months of shed _> regrowth i lost some hair just from normal DHT attacks and whatnot.

Uhhh...and the DHT attacks not JUST during the 6 months of shed _> regrowth, but also during the entire time you were using the minoxidil. Remember, I'm saying that your hair eventually goes back to about the same way it would have been if you had never used the minoxidil at all.

JWM

Reaction score
I think if you use Rogaine Foam in the morning and Eucapil in the evening you will be pleasantly surprised. Give it 6 months.

CCS

Reaction score
JWM said:
I think if you use Rogaine Foam in the morning and Eucapil in the evening you will be pleasantly surprised. Give it 6 months.

I agree. But that is an expensive combination. Use the foam after a shower, then the eucapil 12 hours later or so. $75 per month regimen right there. But it dries very fast. Just don't swim or shower 3 hours before or after the eucapil.

And put nizoral in there. Cheap and no extra mess.

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
I have been applying Eucapil straight after a shower with a dry scalp as im trying to keep the Eucapil on my scalp for longer between washes etc.

So i guess thats the wrong thing to do?

Andrew

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
Demlotcrew said:
I have been applying Eucapil straight after a shower with a dry scalp as im trying to keep the Eucapil on my scalp for longer between washes etc.

Andrew

You're doing the right thing in my opinion. I also wait after the shower until the scalp is dry, apply eucapil and go to sleep. The next day after eucapil had been on dry scalp for about 12-16 hours, I apply all my growth stimulants (foam, prox-N, aminexil, tricosaccride), waiting 15 min between each stuff and then giving them about 8 hours to "work" until the night shower.
Eucapil carrier is just alcohol, no PPG or other stuff, so it might has low absorption. Other stuff always leave some leftover and I'm afraid it will block the eucapil from penetrating, so my advice to anyone trying eucapil is use it alone for 12 hours and only then apply other stuff.

About minoxidil: as people said, your hair become independent in min, so when you stop you'll lose the new hair (but only what you have gained, the shedding won't be worse then not using min). So min is commitment, but a good one since its effective for most people. If you want to avoid that commitment, you can try adding copper peptide products like Prox-N or Tricomin, or aminexil products like Vichy or Spectral-RS.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What about Using a quick drying minoxidil like Spectral DNC, then once the scalp is completely dry, apply the Fluridil?

CCS

Reaction score
Demlotcrew said:

Andrew

Just as long as it is FULLY dry. Unless you use a blow dryer, I doubt your hair is dry right after a shower. You towel still leaves dampness. I think you need an hour maybe.

CCS

Reaction score
stax said:
What about Using a quick drying minoxidil like Spectral DNC, then once the scalp is completely dry, apply the Fluridil?

That should work.

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't it possible that what you are noticing could be your hairline miniaturize rather then regrowing?
I hope I'm wrong......as others have said, expand you regime!

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Whyatt said:
Isn't it possible that what you are noticing could be your hairline miniaturize rather then regrowing?
I hope I'm wrong......as others have said, expand you regime!

I hope not, but what do you think?

Sorry the pics are very poor quality.

The first one is dated Jan 2003
The others are dated Aug 2007

I have only been on Eucapil for a little less than two years.

77259046dq8.jpg

90176761qd0.jpg

51166618ui3.jpg

86534549zv6.jpg

33455948bf5.jpg

77622321ct5.jpg

photo0201qj4.jpg

photo0203dm1.jpg

I cant seem to get my phone to focus on the new small/long baby hairs.

Comments?

Andrew

beaner

Reaction score
I think you've lost ground, unfortunately. The mole in the corner of your head that is somewhat covered up in the first pic is much more visible in subsequent pictures and the surrounding hair looks weaker.

CCS

Reaction score
good observation Beaner. I did not see that with my screen brightness turned down to minimum. Both moles seem to have come out 1/4 inch. In the first pic, they are well inside the hairline. Second pic, outside the hair line. Eucapil did not save his hair. It receeded 1/4 to 1/2 inch in 2 years.