Been on eucapil for about a year and a half.

CCS

Reaction score
Remember: topicals only work where they are applied. If you don't get every square mm, watch out. That is why Propecia is so much better. And all your good hairs that you don't apply it too, they all are dying, and you don't treat them with topicals until they are thinning, which is a mistake.

Shampoos cover everything, but I don't trust them. I use them for a bonus. And cheap.

beaner

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
good observation Beaner. I did not see that with my screen brightness turned down to minimum. Both moles seem to have come out 1/4 inch. In the first pic, they are well inside the hairline. Second pic, outside the hair line. Eucapil did not save his hair. It receeded 1/4 to 1/2 inch in 2 years.

Still, those pics are 4.5 years apart so even though he lost ground, it could have been worse. Maybe the Eucapil slowed it down some.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, maybe he has agressive loss and would have lost more on propecia. Who knows. Everyone should try propecia first, or combine the two, and only resort to just eucapil if they actually get side effects from the propecia.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually I don't know about that. I've read that most topicals diffuse themselves thoughout the stratum corneum at least somewhat. It's not like the topical only moves directly downward from the surface of the skin.

Sad to see those pics though. I'm pinning a lot on Eucapil now as everything else has given me sides.

beaner

Reaction score
jakeb said:
Sad to see those pics though. I'm pinning a lot on Eucapil now as everything else has given me sides.

Well since the before picture is actually more than 2 years before he started Eucapil, he could have at least maintained. We need pics from right before he started Eucapil to determine if it was effective for him. Maybe it was.

CCS

Reaction score
beaner said:
jakeb said:

Well since the before picture is actually more than 2 years before he started Eucapil, he could have at least maintained. We need pics from right before he started Eucapil to determine if it was effective for him. Maybe it was.

good point. See, I'm not even paying attention at all. Don't mind me.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually was on revivogen for about a month and a half. I started shedding in a kind ridiculous way and it never really stopped. I've never shed like that from anything, even when I started finasteride. So by my logic, either Revivogen was many times better at blocking DHT than anything I had ever tried (which I doubted) or the irritation was causing my hair to fall out.

After about 3 weeks of switching back to Eucapil, the shedding stopped. I'm crossing my fingers that it stopped for the right reasons.

Still have 2 more bottles of Revivogen though... thinking about doing a body hair test between Revivogen and Eucapil to see which one inhibits DHT more with me. I know my body hair responds to DHT because since I quit Finasteride, my chest hair is completely out of control.

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
beaner said:
jakeb said:

Thanks for all the replies,

Ive been away from my PC to reply, but have been folling the thread from my Blackberry.

I would like to point out that my hair got worse after that first pic in 2003 was taken which promted me to start using Eucapil. I do agree that my hair line has moved back a little but not as much as shown in the current pics as the camera on my phone is rather rubbish.

Can i draw everyone’s attention to this pic,

73732587kd3.jpg

IS it only me that can see all the small black hairs dotted about bellow the hairline?

Also this picture shows how my mole (a good reference point) is still within my hairline, yes maybe it doesn’t have hair growing out of it and the are might be more diffused per say, i would not go far as saying that Eucapil has not saved my hair, because looking at my friends and others around me who are loosing their hair, i have managed to retain mine way better than most people around me who are not on any form of medication, now i do understand everyone suffers different rates of loss etc but as a general observation its been four and a half years and ive not lost much (touch wood) but gained lots of hair on the top/crown and just a fuller head of hair.

But again can you guys have a look at the pic in this post and see the little black hairs which i have placed the circle round and tell me thats not new growth? IF anyone is looking at the pic on a flat panel, tilting the screen back will make it easier to see the hairs etc.

Now my next question is what should I add to my regime? I have ordered some Prox-n for over night use, anything else (as well as Eucapil) ?

Thanks again

Andrew

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that you are a good example that fluridil works (my personal impression too). You lost only a little in 4 years, and most of it could have been in the two years prior to your fluridil usage like beaner said.
Just remember to separate the prox-N from the fluridil, since it contains water.
You could also add product like Spectral-RS which contain aminexil and applepoly or Vichy that contain aminexil alone. Again, separate enough hours from the fluridil.
Good luck and keep us updated.

eddy_simpson

Established Member
Reaction score
it may have worked for you rambo but from an objective point of view there are no studies on its effectiveness. its basically just a few half decent products thrown together with the assumption that they wont be antagonistic. from a subjective point of view it didnt work for me alone.

Demlotcrew

Reaction score
Beethoven said:
I think that you are a good example that fluridil works (my personal impression too). You lost only a little in 4 years, and most of it could have been in the two years prior to your fluridil usage like beaner said.
Just remember to separate the prox-N from the fluridil, since it contains water.
You could also add product like Spectral-RS which contain aminexil and applepoly or Vichy that contain aminexil alone. Again, separate enough hours from the fluridil.

Thanks for the heads up on the water in Prox-N as i didnt even notice that!

So i think ill apply Eucapil when ever i have the longest gap between washes which might be over night.

Does Eucapil absorb into the skin then its okay to wash? Or does it need to be kept away from water 100% if at all possible? Its just that has anyone noticed how it turns a yellow colour on the skin if exposed to the sun?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Bump - i think this thread shows that Fluridil does work, but probably best as part of a regimen as opposed to a stand alone treatment.

Nevis

Reaction score
Petchsky, thanks for bumping this. Since I've got off finasteride, I'm gonna add this and see how it maintains. It'll be Eucapil and minoxidil 2x/daily plus some nizoral for the next 6mos - year (so just replacing finasteride with eucapil, as the rest of the regime i'm already on). 6 mos if i am forced to bail on the experiment. I took baseline pics last week and so I'll see in the summer (if I'm failing) and christmas for a full assessment!

Petchsky

Reaction score
Well, keep us informed Nev, and I think you may lose some hair initially, but it should level off.

CCS

Reaction score
Re:

Demlotcrew said:
Beethoven said:

Thanks for the heads up on the water in Prox-N as i didnt even notice that!

So i think ill apply Eucapil when ever i have the longest gap between washes which might be over night.

Does Eucapil absorb into the skin then its okay to wash? Or does it need to be kept away from water 100% if at all possible? Its just that has anyone noticed how it turns a yellow colour on the skin if exposed to the sun?

In the study, they guys never used water. They were given a dry shampoo that they used 2 or 3x per week. Who knows how showering would effect it 12 hours later. Obviously the molecules already in the follicle would be safe, but what if there is a timed release effect of molecules pouring into the follicle from the scalp and pores? It is supposed to be fat soluble though, so maybe you are safe. That is probably why they use isopropyl alcohol instead of ethanol.

CCS

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Bump - i think this thread shows that Fluridil does work, but probably best as part of a regimen as opposed to a stand alone treatment.

Or the stimulants he is using are keeping his hair for now. I'd be more impressed after at least 2 years. Minoxidil peaks in a year they say, and goes down from there.