Best of the Best

Reaction score
Hello,

Any opinions out there who the best of the best hair transplant doctors in North America are? Maybe top 5-10.

hairtech_

Reaction score
Yes...

Dr. Ron Shapiro Minnesota, Dr. Paul Rose Tampa, FL, Dr. Jerry Cooley Columbia, SC, Dr. Jim Harris Denver, CO, Global Hair Institute in Jacksonville, FL, are some of the top docs I can think of off the top of my head.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
hairtech_ said:
Yes...

Dr. Ron Shapiro Minnesota, Dr. Paul Rose Tampa, FL, Dr. Jerry Cooley Columbia, SC, Dr. Jim Harris Denver, CO, Global Hair Institute in Jacksonville, FL, are some of the top docs I can think of off the top of my head.

I strongly disagree with the above list (keep in mind hairtech has ties to at least one of the above doctors).

I would name some of the top docs as, Cole, Rahal, Armani, Hasson and Wong, ********, Feller.

Hope this helps.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
yea if youre including canada in 'north america' then

rahal
feller
hasson and wong
alvi armani

are my top choices

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Optimist keep in mind that I have absolutely no ties to any of these doctors other than having worked for a couple. But I agree with you that H& W Shapiro, and Rahal are good to add to this list. Since the poster was asking about North America, I would have said ******** also is a great FUE doctor but he lives/works in Europe.

Watch your comments before posting something ok bro? I don't work for any one physician. I do have quite a bit of experience with the top docs in the industry. I post for free to help patients. You do the same I suspect. Thanks :)

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairtech,

I hope you know I wasn't trying to personally attack you. As you confirmed, my statement about you having ties to some of the docs you mentioned is a fact.

If watching my comments means avoiding stating facts that aid in transparency, i have no intention to start watching them.

I have found many of your posts helpful and I appreciate your presence on these boards. I do disagree with your pick of top docs though and it is nothing personal. These boards are for information and I will continue to work toward that end as I know you do as well.

G

The main thing to keep in mind is, do your homework in addition to asking for recommendations. That applies to all of us. :)

hairtech_

Reaction score
Well transparency is my middle name and a guideline that I preach over and over about clinics in general. What bothered me was that you disagreed of my list... which was a good starter list of great physicians.

The doctors and large entities I have worked for or visited are as follows. I believe many of them to be top notch. No one compensates me to say anything about them. A few places and/doctors I do not particularly recommend, however that is my own opinion based on my experience.

Dr. Rose, Dr. Cooley, Dr. Harris, Dr. Mwamba, Dr. ********, worked with larry from GHI, Dr. Devroye in Belgium, PAI, MHR, Bosley, Nuhart, and Dr. Cole.

So when you said you disagreed based on my ties to clinics was sort of strange. My information I provide is certainly not paid for and I have in fact been threated by lawyers from at least 4 doctors :shakehead: (2 I used to work :shakehead: for, 2 I don't even know) and in fact being sued by one doctor because I tell the truth.:shakehead:

So anyway...

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
I never based my disagreement with you based on your ties. I only pointed the ties out for purposes of transparency.

hairtech_

Reaction score
Fair enough. I can understand the need for transparency being that I am a huge advacator of transparency.

I apologize if I sounded gruff. :argue:

kriss

Reaction score
Hairtech, was the docs listed abouve ones you would recommended? did you work with Cole? I am located close to him and had heard good things about him.

G

Whenever you are trying to find out more about any hair transplant Doctor, simply do a word search on his name in any hairloss forum and start reading.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Optimist said:
hairtech_ said:
Yes...

I strongly disagree with the above list (keep in mind hairtech has ties to at least one of the above doctors).

I would name some of the top docs as, Cole, Rahal, Armani, Hasson and Wong, ********, Feller.

Hope this helps.

Also hair transplant worked for Cole so he wont be mentioning him anytime soon, but when he worked for him Cole would be on that list. Just opinions. I agree with Armani, Rahal, Cole, Shapiro, HW....******** no way :puke: , feller too fake. :jackit:

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Epstein is a good guy and a good surgeon. More on the conservative side, doesn't do the mega-mega sessions like H&W or others, but does up to 3-4k sessions I believe. I don't know now though, things change rapidly in this field so maybe he is doing larger 5k + sessions now. Hairlines are really good though.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I like Armani and Rahul's hairlines, they look great.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From my research and all the results i have seen i put Hasson and Wong as the best of the best. Armani and Cole, they are definately top and recommended doctors.

But still, if you are going for a lot of grafts, Hasson and Wong feel like the only BEST option. I think it has something to do with their harvesting skills because they manage to get 5k grafts with only a minor scar and yet not suck the whole donor area up.

hawk001

Reaction score
Dr. Alvi Armani seems to be recommended by Spencer Kobren, President from the American Hair Loss Association. There are quite a few patient videos on YouTube. I have been researching for the right surgeon since 2005 and still continue to research. Any assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hawk001 said:
Dr. Alvi Armani seems to be recommended by Spencer Kobren, President from the American Hair Loss Association. There are quite a few patient videos on YouTube. I have been researching for the right surgeon since 2005 and still continue to research. Any assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

de ja vous?

Hawk001,
You posted the exact same reply in this topic as you did on another topic, Spencer Kobren is paid to recommend his sponsors, nor has he had a hair transplant by Armani.