Best of the Best

metalheaddude

Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:
there are more than just 3-4 doctors in the US who do great work.

This is very true. Its sad we don't to get to hear more about these guys. I have been following some of Dr Wolfs work. (who is not that well known) And his hairlines are as good if not better than Armanis (and probably half the price).

Just wish there was more exposure for these other up and coming talented surgeons.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Matt27 said:
metalheaddude said:
Is someone like Feller capable of such dense packing as Armani surgery?

Actually a better question would be is Armani capable of FUE dense packing like Feller is? Over on HLH someone posted up some Feller FUE dense packing and it's denser than any Armani FUE result I have seen to date. Armani was a magician with strip, and created some of the best hairlines and temple points ever. I think he just set the bar too high for his FUE results.

Here's the thread........

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... adid=78494

I actually come across this thread already. Pretty nice work. But that patient has course thick black hair with a pale scalp so it tends to have slightly (only slightly) pluggy look to it. But with what Feller had to work with its pretty damn good. Very dense.

Its just not about density, its also about design.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:
there are more than just 3-4 doctors in the US who do great work. I have seen every doctor listed in this thread do fantastic quality work and would trust my hair transplant procedure with all of them. H&W, Feller, and Armani are great, but thats about 1000-2000 of the 100k plus hair transplant's done in US and Canada, and I don't hear the other 90k + bitching about their results. I have 5 friends who went to 3 clinics not even named and everyone is pleased with their result, and should be. I also used a Doctor not mentioned and am pleased with my results and will put my before and afters up against any of the H&W, Feller, and Armani only patients on this site. :)

Well if they are any good its enevitable that their reputations will grow and maybe in a few years noone will be talking about H&W Feller and Armani. But in the meantime you'd be an idiot to take the risk of going with an unknown or littleknown surgeon.

hawk001

Reaction score
I just had a good look at Dr. Rahal's website. Was pretty impresed to see how every minute detail is explained in detail. Atleast some one has disclosed the costs. :agree:

Also, the costs seem to be 1/3 than those of Dr. Armani. I was asked for USD 50,000 for a 5000 graft and not even confident if I need 5000. :freaked2: Got a review done from some other clinic in US that says I need 2500 grafts.

Are we also suppose to pay for Dr. Armani's extensive offine and online marketing? :firing:

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Armani told me I needed 2,500 FUE whereas everybody else I had a consult with (Cole, Feller, Umar & H&W) estimated between 750 and 1,000 max. Rahal looks very good but like H&W only offers strip. Right now I'm debating between FUE and strip. I'll never completely shave my head so strip isn't really that big of a deal to me, especially considering the superior yields you get with it vs. FUE. That and it's cheaper too. I might just do one big strip surgery and then use FUE to fill it in as the years pass by. If I go this route my strip Doctor's (best of the best) would be either H&W or Rahal. FUE would be between Feller and Umar.

hawk001

Reaction score
I was in the same boat sometime back. Not sure whether to go for strip or FUE. But my research says that strip is better. Who cares about some scar my dear. I will be flying to Canada next month and have appointments with both Rahal and HW. Will take a decision after the consult and based on their feedback to my long questionnaire :)

G

Every day I see lots of great work done by lots of good ethical docs. Everyone has their opinion.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gillenator said:
Lucky,

Have you seen much of Dr. Paul Shapiro's work?

Yes I have gill, both Paul and Ron are very impressive, i'd go as far to say they are one of the best for hairlines, I was amazed how quickly bigmacs scar has healed too.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
"If they are good then it is inevitable they will gain popularity" "you be an idiot not to go to H&W, Armani, or Feller"

:lost: By this theory the process of becoming popular hair transplant surgeon would be impossible.

You'd be an idiot not to see B&A, talk to patients in those B&A's, ask ?'s. You can even say that if you are going to fly to another continent to have surgery you'd be an idiot not to use one of these three, which I can agree with somewhat. But to dismiss every other clinic in the US and Canada from 5000 miles away is misleading and inaccurate. Just because those clinics don't have paid advocates on every site doesn't mean there hiding something or don't do fantastic work.

greg2

Reaction score
Hair Come Back said:
Hello,

Any opinions out there who the best of the best hair transplant doctors in North America are? Maybe top 5-10.
You want strip, go to HnW in N. America. You want fue, go for Dr. Arvind (India), Dr. Woods (Australia), Dr. Cole(USA). You wont find 5 to 10 fue doctors - top levels in N. America.

greg2

Reaction score
hawk001 said:
who is this dr arvind in India? Some new kid on the block!
Dr. Arvind posts on another site. I wont say he is a new kid on the block. He has posted the most number of fue and bht results and is considered by some to be the most versatile surgeon. He has taught many other doctors. I think poster techprof went to him from this site, but he went for strip.

greg2

Reaction score
I am searching for his patients. He is on my shortlist of doctors. I guessitsnot easy to find past patients, most of the time they carry on with life.
hawk001 said:
Is there any patient out there who can vouch for him?

disco_stu

Reaction score
"You want strip, go to HnW in N. America. You want fue, go for Dr. Arvind (India), Dr. Woods (Australia), Dr. Cole(USA). You wont find 5 to 10 fue doctors - top levels in N. America."

i would strongly recommend that you meticulously research Dr. Cole. Write to the Georgia State Board of Medical Examiners and ask them for all past and current complaints filed against Dr. Cole. Pay a background search firm to identify all the previous names in which Dr. Cole operated his clinic/incorporated under and if any lawsuits were filed against those clinics and lawsuits filed against the doctor. This will cost you no more than $200. Also, write to the Office of the Attorney General in Georgia and ask them for any information about the doctor.

Did you know that one of the physicians working at his clinic, Truett Bridges, had his license revoked because he had a chemical dependency. The information is available online. These are the ethical and respected surgeons that are performing surgery on you?

http://www.med.ohio.gov/pdf/MFAL/1106MFAL.pdf

Are you aware of the 'Frankenstein style' surgery that Dr. Cole performed on some poor fellow? Read all about it:

http://hairfraud.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

Are these surgeons operating on you in your best interests? Do you want this controversy performing surgery on you?

People need to be aware of this controversy. After all, it's public knowledge available on-line.

The purpose of this board is for individuals to voice concerns about doctors so that others may be aware of the controversy surrounding a physician. this will help others formulate their own opinions of the Doctor.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh! Spam. Why not start a new topic if you want to talk about Dr. Cole. Dont post on all threads. It gets confusing.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
hawk001 said:
Is there any patient out there who can vouch for him?

Yes, what is it you want to know? Dr. Arvind is one of the best hair transplant doctors in the world. I have researched years on 4 major sites like this one for nearly 3 years and have met his patients in person before I got my hair transplant.

Then again, I wonder what it is you are looking for. There are many "best of the best" - reminds me of Men in Black. :) First be clear what it is you want. There are many best doctors and all of them have something unique to offer. Unless, you are clear what you want, it pointless to go searching for best of the best.

So... what do you want - hairline, proximity to home, crown, max number of grafts, only fue, value for money etc., etc...