bob's story - (25 years old and diffuse)

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
Who complained about what cost?

five weeks on finasteride now;
side effects are gone, no more ball-ache, some shedding continues.
To be honest hair feels crappy and thin but this is expected for the coming 8-9 months so I don't put too much thought on it.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bobs said:
Person,
Read around a bit, you will find more information than I got.

About neosil being weaker than minoxidil, what makes you think that?
And blocking DHT is great for preventing hair-loss, for regrowing hair it's not that strong.

I think that due to my analysis of the percentage of hair growth by both products.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
mine started 2 months after I got into a deep depression as well.

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
Person,

your analysis is weak.
NEOSH101 was applied for 28 days total, spread over two "14-days and once a day applications" and it grew 4.8% hair. minoxidil won't do that.

We just have to wait and see how it goes with the current trials for more correct figures.

Ragin,
Might be partly stress then, hope you are better now.

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
10 weeks update;

Too early to say anything with confidence. However, I am happy that I started with finasteride + nizoral. I feel better since even if my hair didn't get better I feel Im doing what I can and that is a great comfort.

Oh, Im shedding like crazy in the shower and to be honest I am happy that I am for I believe that this is a good omen; of stronger hair coming back.

Anyway, I am happy as it is now, and well, I will keep you all informed with the progress.

I'm eagerly awaiting the NEOSH and HM news, things are looking very bright.

Keep it up folks.

Cheers.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Bob, good to know things are at least maintaining, I hope it gets better after the 1 yr mark.

Best of luck man!

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
shedding sucks but is always a good sign, just remember it won't come back straight away.

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes it really does suck but it is a necessary evil or what you will call it :)

I'm close to the 3-month mark too so I will be dealing with this for some time now.

Cheers ragin, best of luck to you too man :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
bobs said:
Yes it really does suck but it is a necessary evil or what you will call it :)

I'm close to the 3-month mark too so I will be dealing with this for some time now.

Cheers ragin, best of luck to you too man :)

Thanks buddy.

Propecia and foam really saved the day, my hair seems to be thicken up quite a bit on the top, i hope it will keep improving.

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

almost 4 months now.
Shedding has gone down. It was horrible two/three weeks ago but now it is down.
Also; I have been an on/off smoker the past 7 years. I quit (for the 100th time) three weeks ago and have been going strong, I used to read that Allen Carr book, any one read it? I have read it like 3-4 times and after each time I came off strong and resisted the smoke for some time but well, after a maximum of three months I was back in the game.

I have reduced alcohol intake too since I used to drink a lot, now I just drink some times.
And, I have started excercising again, running three to four times a week.

Why all this? I'm convinced my hair-problems are partly stress releated, and a lot of my other problems too ( normal problems normal people have ) are strongly stress-related too.
I'm just trying to have some peace of mind and well so far it is working well (knock on wood).

And yea, the most important reason as to why all this was that I was having problems getting a proper erection. I mean I could get one but it would be too soft. Both smoking and drinking and lack of excercise contribute to impotence and besides all this I was on finasteride so man I had to change. And well..; I had sex for the first time since being on finasteride last week and well I had no problems down there. If I wouldnt get an erection I would have definetely quit finasteride.

I eat my finasteride, apply my nizoral, eat my multivits and well thats it. The days when I don't bother to look in the mirror (they are rare-but coming more often) I feel great. The days when I for some odd reason MUST look at my hair under bright light I'm get down again.

Anyway, I'm eager to see how it all goes the coming months (fingers crossed).

Good luck to you all

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you will be benefit from health eating and good life style change for sure, best of luck!

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
6 month update:

Just passed the 6 month mark and well I thought I'd share the results so far. I am taking pics and if I post them I will do so in a further 6 months.

I have been shedding a lot since I got on finasteride, really bad shedding. I dont know if I have had any regrowth yet. My mother thinks my hair has thickened up some and it feels thicker but I just dont know yet. I will see soon.

No serious side effects, slightly lowered libido but I still get it up when I need to.

The nizoral makes my head itch. I cut down on it to once a week or so.

Anyway, things are rolling on and Im cautious on being too optimistic but I feel things are rolling on.
Best of luck to everyone. I'll probably post again in a month or two. This period is really exciting for it is now I can be seeing results, if I will see results :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
be consistent with the treatment and GL man!

chain

Reaction score
Bob

I am 26 year old diffuse thinner wit receding tamples and hairline. Believe it or not but I started the big 3 at the same time almost exactly as you did. Unfortunatelly, after six months I would say that the situation got worse. My hair is much thinner and my hairline is really screwed up. Maybe this is because I apply the Rogaine on the hairline only.
I am a little bit worried because I am not sure whether the regimen helped making my situation worse. I do not know, maybe if I did not started with it I would a way worse off.

Do you think that there is still some chance for the big 3 to kick in, even after there was no improvement but the opposite for the last 6 months?
What do you think about applying Rogaine foam on my hairline only?

Good luck to you all to all of you guys!!!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
chain, you are already half way, I say you stick to it for a yr then make your judgement.

If it does more harm than good, then you know what to do, GL brotha!

chain

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice man!!

Do you think that applying Rogaine on my hairline is not effective at all?

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
Chain,

People react differently to treatments. For some the effects kick in after 6 months, for others things get worse for nine-ten months (shedding) straight and then reverse for the better.

My advice is to keep it up with the big3 for atleast 12-14 months before deciding if it is helping you or not.

No I don't see any problems going with rogaine for the hairline only. In fact if I were to start with rogaine I too would apply it only to my hairline.

Best of luck man

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re:

chain said:
Do you know whether I can substitute Nizoral for another shampoo, which also has 2% Ketokonazole?

Revita also contains 2% Ketokonazole.