CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you use 5% minoxidil twice a day when you could use 10% once a day?

Topical minoxidil has a ~22-hour half-life.

Anyway I mix my minoxidil with my stemoxydine and RU in a single measuring cup up to the 5 ml line.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was more referring to the people from the other forums, is it possible for an anti-androgen not to work? It has to work sniper you get chest pains? Is it possible there's something else contributing to your hairloss? Is the pg irritating your scalp?

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For you guys who use minoxidil twice a day .. How do you use it alongside ru ? Apply minoxidil and immediately apply ru afterwards or do you wait for minoxidil to absorb on the scalp first

I apply minoxidil at about 8am, again at 1pm and RU with loreal serioxyl at 6pm. So the minoxidil is well dried and gone by that time.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I apply minoxidil at about 8am, again at 1pm and RU with loreal serioxyl at 6pm. So the minoxidil is well dried and gone by that time.
is your hair super short? I'd wind up with a messy mophead that showed all my thinning clearly if I applied that many topicals during the day.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With my schedule I can only apply things to my scalp in the mornings or nights .. Does it matter if you apply minoxidil and then ru right after ? That way I can use minoxidil twice a day instead of just mornings

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Same with my schedule, I just can't handle my hair looking like sh*t all day, maybe I just dont have the density left for it. I apply RU in neogenic in evening wait like 1-2 hours, apply minoxidil and go to bed. Ideally I'd like to have a bigger gap between applications but thats all I can do rn.

Idk if RU or minoxidil are better to apply first.

Ag87

Reaction score
Threw away about 8 grams of RU in the trash today. Got really bad chest pains after yesterday's application, stuff is doing absolutely nothing for my hair. The stuff is straight garbage, don't know why I decided to try this experimental Chinese sh*t.

It's worrying that it gave you severe chest pains after so long. Had you experienced this side effect before? I had chest flutter for the first week or so. Its stopped now but I can't go over 30mg a day.

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Buckthorn, this is silly but: have you ever considered the possibility that you are having alopecia universalis instead of male pattern baldness?

I assume that avatar is a photo of yourself? (and forgive me if it's not) I have a friend who has very similar hair to yours and alopecia universalis was the case for him. He also has the exact hairline as yours.

You're basically using the strongest male pattern baldness treatments we have now!!!

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to add in, Ru dissolves really well in Redken Cerafill, dissolved 150mg in 4 mls of it no problems. Dries really quick though! But it smells nice.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
About 2 month RU update. Seems to be less itching/inflammation. Hairline still receding/thinning.

MindfluX

My Regimen
Reaction score
May want to add some PG so that it stays on scalp long enough to absorb. If the Stemox dries too fast you could end up with leftover powder on your scalp.

That's a good idea.

And the more Propylene Glycol you use, the longer the release time will be (some advice >50%). It slows down the drug release.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buckthorn, this is silly but: have you ever considered the possibility that you are having alopecia universalis instead of male pattern baldness?

I assume that avatar is a photo of yourself? (and forgive me if it's not) I have a friend who has very similar hair to yours and alopecia universalis was the case for him. He also has the exact hairline as yours.

You're basically using the strongest male pattern baldness treatments we have now!!!

that's Aaron Paul from breaking bad. I have diffuse thinning, but only on the top. It's distinct male pattern baldness with it thinnest in the crown and midscalp.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a good idea.

And the more Propylene Glycol you use, the longer the release time will be (some advice >50%). It slows down the drug release.

How do you know it slows down the drug release?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
How do you know it slows down the drug release?
Idk if it slows it down, but the idea is to keep it at the scalp longer. You dont want it to go too deep and enter your vascular system and get absorbed systemically. But you also dont want the vehicle to evaporate too fast and not actually allow the RU to absorb into the skin

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk if it slows it down, but the idea is to keep it at the scalp longer. You dont want it to go too deep and enter your vascular system and get absorbed systemically. But you also dont want the vehicle to evaporate too fast and not actually allow the RU to absorb into the skin

Maybe that's why I've had to amp it up to 150mg. So if the ratio of 70/30 isn't enough. Maybe 60-40 what ratio does everyone use here?

Do you do it dose dependant so 1ml = 50/50?

Marky9829

Reaction score
I'm about to order some pre made RU from Kane shop, should I order 3,5 or 8%?

Also the driver PG & ethanol or KB?

I think I've had some minoxidil with PG in it once and got dandruff should I steer clear of it?

Thanks

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm about to order some pre made RU from Kane shop, should I order 3,5 or 8%?

Also the driver PG & ethanol or KB?

I think I've had some minoxidil with PG in it once and got dandruff should I steer clear of it?

Thanks

I'm about to order KB apparently it's nicer on the scalp and better for absorption, unsure how true it is but willing to give it a shot.

I've purchased the powder before and have always made my own, but I don't feel it's being absorbed properly and I've been mixing with with 70/30 ratio ethanol and pg.

ANT1862

Reaction score
1) A little over a year. Started at the beginning of 2015.

2) Kane (Anagen). Community reputation is sooooo important with a non-commercial drug. You cannot afford to lose hair with a fake drug. Or spend money testing samples from sketchy suppliers. So we RU users NEED to ban together to make sure our source is reputable.

3) I'm looking slightly better. I'm holding my breath because I know shedding is a part of treatment. However, a good indicator for me that my baldness isn't progressing is my crown. Since I'm NWIII, my crown would be next. So far it looks the same as when I was 14. So although the front of my hair looked really bad last year, I know I'm at least maintaining. My hope of course is to regrow my temples. Which may be happening now that I am (hopefully) through shedding and am dermarolling for better absorption of my RU.

4) Just the dry flaky skin that you also get when you use an alcohol-based minoxidil solution. Concentrations above 5% will also start leaving too much unabsorbed residue on your skin. It looks like white powder. So too much of a concentration may just be wasting it.

Here is what my hair looks like right now! Compare it to my profile pic. And consider that it's a little longer right now with different lighting.

View attachment 38557

Disclosure: I'm also on dutasteride, minoxidil, Nizoral, and viviscal. I only use RU on the front.

Hi, Im kind new to this forum, what is RU and where can I get it here in the US? Thanks.